Letter-to-Editor -- Roanoke Times, Roanoke Va

Letter-to-Editor -- Roanoke Times, Roanoke Va

This is a discussion on Letter-to-Editor -- Roanoke Times, Roanoke Va within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/letters/wb/237613 Poor idea to loosen gun restrictions These insane gun laws on tap for the Virginia legislature complete Gov. Bob McDonnell's pandering to the NRA ...

Thread: Letter-to-Editor -- Roanoke Times, Roanoke Va

VIP Member

Thumbs down Letter-to-Editor -- Roanoke Times, Roanoke Va

http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/letters/wb/237613

Poor idea to loosen gun restrictions

These insane gun laws on tap for the Virginia legislature complete Gov. Bob McDonnell's pandering to the NRA during his campaign. Are all these dudes striding into bars with concealed weapons going to order sarsaparilla? I think not. Are bartenders going to frisk these cowboys before they pour a beer or bourbon?

Anticipate the carnage when nowadays too many disputes are settled not with fists but gunfire.

This is as crazy as allowing guns in cars and boats without a permit and other proposed changes. The rest of us better buy armored vests before we go out to our local bar, drive or visit the lake. A Second Amendment without some logical restrictions is a recipe for disaster.

BETH COLLINS
    ROANOKE
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    Wow,

"A Second Amendment without some logical restrictions is a recipe for disaster."

Such a great grasp of the 2A is what I expect from antis.

What ever happened to "shall not be infringed"?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Beth Collins does not seem to have much understanding of the Constitution. Nor does she seem particularly bright.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

ROFL...
    Anticipate the carnage when nowadays too many disputes are settled not with fists but gunfire.
    At least it wasn't the typical
    blood in the streets
    line...

edit:
    I think I just can't get too worked up at these folks anymore. It's like a birth defect. Stupid people are born stupid and there is no cure.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Let's limit the 1st ammendment and keep folks like Beth from being able to write anything. LOL
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

What an idiotic drama queen. She better put on that vest along with a riot helmet if she ever visits Vermont or Alaska. Perfect example of what our Founders warned us about in seeking security at the expense of liberty...

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Ok, lets keep in mind, this is just a letter to the editor. A rediculous and ignorant one, but not a real article. Anyone with a crazy idea can write one. Not really worth giving her or her ideas any press as far as I am concerned.
    Walk softly ...

Beth makes it sound like fistfights are routine at the bars she frequents. Perhaps she should reconsider her watering holes.

Seems like Ms. Beth has a Cowboy fetish. (Dudes, sarsaparilla, frisk Cowboys). Perhaps she wants the job of head frisker.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

They could always answer in the same way I answered some of my Lib relatives a while back when posed the same statement: I told them it would probably be a good idea for some of that to happen if that is what it took for people to start respecting one another again..... After all, you don't see a lot of bickering at a rifle & pistol range do you??
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    What an idiotic drama queen. She better put on that vest along with a riot helmet if she ever visits Vermont or Alaska. Perfect example of what our Founders warned us about in seeking security at the expense of liberty...
    Or maybe a tin foil hat.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I have stopped reading / buying / accepting free copies of their paper plus I do not click on their site. I do not want to be counted as a "READER" to enhance their circulation numbers.
    Very intolerant of any different opinions. One side - only side
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Sponsored Links