IOWA ..... what's going with you guys ?

This is a discussion on IOWA ..... what's going with you guys ? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I need to make a in and out trip to Iowa, and looking up the laws have come to realize, they are another state that ...

Thread: IOWA ..... what's going with you guys ?

I need to make a in and out trip to Iowa, and looking up the laws have come to realize, they are another state that does NOT recognize any CC licenses of any other state. UGH. So, we put our hands to fate when traveling your state ?

What's with that ? Ya'all need to get your legislature and Atty Gen busy in changing that.

Well, I'll have a gun with me, it will just have to be in the 'case' when in Iowa. To be honest, knowing this now... I would have done more to avoid having to go there.

JD
    Administrator
    We're working on it, there's a bill in the house that will make us shall issue and addresses the reciprocity issue.

I agree. Iowa AND Illinois need to get it together. After becoming a 2a supporter I try to avoid those 2 states now.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    We're working on it, there's a bill in the house that will make us shall issue and addresses the reciprocity issue.
    I take it back, looks like the bill's been neutered and rendered into a used piece of toilet paper.

Still waiting on the final text, but it probably won't be good.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I take it back, looks like the bill's been neutered and rendered into a used piece of toilet paper.

Still waiting on the final text, but it probably won't be good.
    I'm sorry about that.
    I lived in Des Moines for a few years and still have many good friends there.
    My ex wife worked for the state Attorney General. We all played softball together.

I always thought of Iowa as a progressive state.

It has never been a problem for me to hunt pheasant in Iowa. If we did not already know the farmer, we would just ask and they would almost always say fine.

We always carried open on the farm, never any problem.

We hunted mainly around Colo, Marshall town, Maytag and Fairfield.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Just skip Iowa. That's what I did a couple years back when I was scouting for new plant locations. It was a pain to travel through Iowa and stick my gun in the trunk, so I just skipped it. No it wasn't my decision completely, but I recommended TN. The plant employs 250.
    Sometimes the citizens of a state, and its lawmakers need to think about these things.

Administrator
    Iowa is an interesting state. It is very conservative in most respects, but some things they just cling to Clinton style democratic politics.
    Also, its tough to convince the typical Hawkeye that change is needed.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Iowa is an interesting state. It is very conservative in most respects, but some things they just cling to Clinton style democratic politics.
    Also, its tough to convince the typical Hawkeye that change is needed.

You nailed that one,

I could tell any time the state legislature was in town by the way they dressed (what not to wear).

I hated young senator Grassly when I lived there.
    I have since learned to like him. He is a smart farmer.

Per capita, there are as many millionaires in Iowa as in Texas. I learned a lot about business and law while living there.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

JD
    Administrator
    OK....after being off-line for a few days I'm a bit overwhelmed, there are now several bills regarding reform of the issuance/reciprocity system. This is the most recent I think...

House File 2439 - Introduced

The bill that IowaCarry and the NRA were endorsing became HF2439 and is listed as a shell bill, this is the piece of legislation that I reference earlier that has supposedly been mangled by some 'tard out of Des Moines.

There's hope for Iowa, we might get something passed this year.

Sponsored Links