Another Starbucks Poll to hit

This is a discussion on Another Starbucks Poll to hit within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun nuts cheer Starbucks' embrace of gun-toting customers Gun nuts cheer Starbucks' embrace of gun-toting customers THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Monday, March 1st 2010, 10:11 AM ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Starbucks Poll to hit

VIP Member

Another Starbucks Poll to hit

Gun nuts cheer Starbucks' embrace of gun-toting customers

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Monday, March 1st 2010, 10:11 AM

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Monday, March 1st 2010, 10:11 AM

SNIP
    Attached Images
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Gee the title of the article isn't implying anything is it? [/sarcasm]

Why they have to use "gun nuts"?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

28% - Yes. It creates an uncomfortable climate for otther customers.

71% - No, as long as the gun-toting customers are obeying their state's firearms laws.

1% - I'm not sure.
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Man I hope starbucks doesn't cave... I'm starting to like their coffee.

Why can't the anti-gun nutz leave them alone
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I have patronized Starbucks more in the past two weeks than I have in my life. I'm kinda liking their smoothies, not much more than McDonald's and they taste lots better. If they cave this too shall pass.

Talking

I think I'll go get a cup in the am just to show my support.

Quote Originally Posted by Passin' Through View Post
    I know I was talking about how the anti-gun croud isn't letting up. They whine and cry till they get their way and I don't want to see the coffee giant give in.

That's why I'm going to show my support.

VIP Member
    Voted....
    and yes the "gun nuts" part is annoying to say the least.

VIP Member

From Starbucks:

Starbucks Newsroom: Starbucks Position on Open Carry Gun Laws

Mar 03, 2010
    Starbucks Position on Open Carry Gun Laws

SEATTLE, March 03, 2010 - We recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. Advocacy groups from both sides of this issue have chosen to use Starbucks as a way to draw attention to their positions.

While we deeply respect the views of all our customers, Starbucks long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged. We comply with local laws and statutes in all the communities we serve. In this case, 43 of the 50 U.S. states have open carry weapon laws. Where these laws don’t exist, we comply with laws that prohibit the open carrying of weapons. The political, policy and legal debates around these issues belong in the legislatures and courts, not in our stores.

At the same time, we have a security protocol for any threatening situation that might occur in our stores. Partners are trained to call law enforcement as situations arise. We will continuously review our procedures to ensure the highest safety guidelines are in place and we will continue to work closely with law enforcement.

We have examined this issue through the lens of partner (employee) and customer safety. Were we to adopt a policy different from local laws allowing open carry, we would be forced to require our partners to ask law abiding customers to leave our stores, putting our partners in an unfair and potentially unsafe position.

As the public debate continues, we are asking all interested parties to refrain from putting Starbucks or our partners into the middle of this divisive issue. As a company, we are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society. Our Starbucks family knows all too well the dangers that exist when guns are used irresponsibly and illegally. Without minimizing this unfortunate reality, we believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.
    [emphis added]
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Problem is, does Starbucks have any way at all to know that they are having pro-gun customers where they weren't before?

They gotta track this for it to mean anything business wise.. Unless they're sticking to their guns merely out of principal to the anto-gun people. Then that'd be awesome.

EDIT- just saw the above post after I posted.. That is a great statement from Starbucks
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamm
    "If you want to dress up and go out and make a little political theater by frightening children in the local Starbucks, if that's what you want to spend your energy on, go right ahead, But going out and wearing a gun on your belt to show the world you're allowed to is a little juvenile."
    I don't know bout the rest of you but I go about my business when I wear a gun. I don't show off and draw attention.
    If wearing a gun is juvenile then what is whining about something when you don't get your way?

I love how these people have nothing better to do with their day... what a waste of biological matter.

Voted...

Should Starbucks boot customers who carry in weapons?

Yes. It creates an uncomfortable climate for otther customers. 25%

No, as long as the gun-toting customers are obeying their state's firearms laws. 74%

I'm not sure. 1%
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yes = 24%
    No = 75%
    ??? = 1%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links