Starbucks sticking to it's guns

This is a discussion on Starbucks sticking to it's guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mod's, if already posted or in wrong place please correct. Coffee chain Starbucks Corp. is sticking to its policy of letting customers carry guns where ...

Thread: Starbucks sticking to it's guns

Starbucks sticking to it's guns

Mod's, if already posted or in wrong place please correct.

Coffee chain Starbucks Corp. is sticking to its policy of letting customers carry guns where it's legal and said it does not want to be put in the middle of a larger gun-control debate

read the full story

Starbucks asks not to be center of gun debate | General Headlines | Comcast.net
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

2. Remove Ads

What is the email of the Starbucks folks? Im going to find it send them an email praising them.

Bravo On To Starbucks Keep Up The Good Work!!!!

Just sent them my email!!!!!
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    "Starbucks shares rose a penny to $23.34 in midday trading Wednesday."
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I don't think that Starbucks INTENTIONALLY decided to be Pro-2A. I think they got caught out with recent articles/news stories of people Open Carrying at OC get-togethers, breakfasts, etc. and the newspapers picked up on it. Then when they had microphones "shoved in their face" for a comment, they were just caught surprised and reverted to, "...Umm... we... umm... support local laws. Thank you..."

Whatever the reason, the door is open. Now it's up to responsible Pro 2A citizens to keep that door open.

Emrah

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Must be that one share I bought
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Starbucks probably gave The Brady Bunch a 'penny for their thoughts'...

Starbuck, let's hear it for them...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I must buy a coffee thee, I used to drink their coffee when they first started, but better choices now, nothing will make me buy their food.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Must be that one share I bought
    Nope, its that latte you just bought
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Hip hip hooray hip hip hooray

FYI, here's the Starbucks press release.

Mar 03, 2010
    Starbucks Position on Open Carry Gun Laws

SEATTLE, March 03, 2010 - We recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. Advocacy groups from both sides of this issue have chosen to use Starbucks as a way to draw attention to their positions.

While we deeply respect the views of all our customers, Starbucks long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged. We comply with local laws and statutes in all the communities we serve. In this case, 43 of the 50 U.S. states have open carry weapon laws. Where these laws don’t exist, we comply with laws that prohibit the open carrying of weapons. The political, policy and legal debates around these issues belong in the legislatures and courts, not in our stores.

At the same time, we have a security protocol for any threatening situation that might occur in our stores. Partners are trained to call law enforcement as situations arise. We will continuously review our procedures to ensure the highest safety guidelines are in place and we will continue to work closely with law enforcement.

We have examined this issue through the lens of partner (employee) and customer safety. Were we to adopt a policy different from local laws allowing open carry, we would be forced to require our partners to ask law abiding customers to leave our stores, putting our partners in an unfair and potentially unsafe position.

As the public debate continues, we are asking all interested parties to refrain from putting Starbucks or our partners into the middle of this divisive issue. As a company, we are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society. Our Starbucks family knows all too well the dangers that exist when guns are used irresponsibly and illegally. Without minimizing this unfortunate reality, we believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.
    We talk about "gun-friendly" and "gun-unfriendly" businesses, but Starbucks is clearly "gun-neutral".
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom357 View Post

We talk about "gun-friendly" and "gun-unfriendly" businesses, but Starbucks is clearly "gun-neutral".

gun-neutral i am ok with!!!!

Links