Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you?

This is a discussion on Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you? within the SHTF Gear Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; What does the 2nd Ammendment mean to me ? It means that the dreams of our founding fathers efforts to build this great nation shall ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you?

What does the 2nd Ammendment mean to me ? It means that the dreams of our founding fathers efforts to build this great nation shall forever persevere even in the face of difficulty. And by holding on to our forefathers dreams, we will remain a free people in the greatest nation that has ever existed.

2. Remove Ads

I am responsible for my own safety and freedom. The 2nd Amendment enables my responsibility, and is one method of preventing an individual or government from stealing that responsibility from me.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    What it means to me is that some great men had the selfless foresight to ensure that the citizens of this country would not be forced to serve the government, but that they would have the ability to preserve their freedom at any cost by forcing the government to serve them.

A citizenry without firearms is defenseless to protect freedom if it is ever on the brink of extinction. The 2nd Amendment keeps all other freedoms entact.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

To me, the Second Amendment to the Constitution affirms a basic right granted by our Creator, and limits the ability of our government to interfere with that right. It is perhaps the most powerful Amendment in that it protects the inalienable right with which to defend the other rights established by the Constitution.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Without the second amendment the constitution is worthless! It's the only amendment to the Constitution which states a purpose! It allows us all to keep and bear arms. I took an oath to defend the Constitution when I enlisted in the military and I will (and still do) defend it!!

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    The 2 amendmant is what makes the other amendmants work

To me, the Second Amendment means:

Hard work. It's difficult to maintain a nation of people who are so different, yet have the same rights. It requires that we work to be civil and respectful to each other, even we when wish the other would just 'go away,' and especially when 'the other' doesn't think you should have the rights you cherish.

Responsibility. Responsibility to be safe because, after all, guns are dangerous. That's why we have them. Also, the responsibility to be trained, so the ownership of firearms isn't just for show.

Friendship. No matter how different we are, I know I'll always have friends with whom I have at least one pursuit in common. Friends who, like me, believe in liberty in a nation of equals who will always stand together against any kind of tyranny we encounter.

Love. Because the drive to defend something implies, at least in my mind, a love for whatever that thing is, be it your freedom, your family or your country. When a person is not committed to defend something he cares about, I find it hard to believe he loves it.

The 2a means the right to bare arms for freedom and defense. And the right to protect what is mine and my familys. And what part of shall not be infringed dont they understand.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    The second amendment was written so the private citizen could protect himself from the government if necessary. The right to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. I can't understand why the Congress can't understand the part about SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

I know today's government, on both sides of the aisle, fears the free citizens and feels the need to disarm us. That is tyranny.

Freedom
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    The 2A to me is a method of payment. Like any other law that's passed you need a method to pay for its use or its worthless. The 2A is how the framers of the Constitution intended for "us" to keep it safe. DR

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    It meams our borders are protected our military is protected and our family is protected
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

To me it means that I am able to protect myself and my family, I am not a defenseless victim, I am a lawfull citizen of the greatest nation in the world, that I can purchase and own as many firearms as needed or wanted and I will not let anyone trample my rights without impunity.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

The framers of the Constitution were familiar with the tyranny of governments. They knew that, ultimately, all citizens must defend their homes, person, and family. Further, they understood too well that in the future, the time would come when citizens would need to band together to defend their country and the freedoms guaranteed by it's founding documents from enemies both foreign and domestic. These were not men prone to flights of fancy or wild speculation. They were realists who knew men and governments. The second amendment was put in to assure that free citizens would not foolishly give away their freedoms when pressured to do so by unscrupulous people. That they could, in direst emergency, defend against those who would despoil or enslave them.
    Without expressly acknowledging this right, they knew all the other rights could be eliminated, destroying the republic.
    Certified Infidel

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Frankly, the 2A ensures the freedom of each person. It states quite simply that the government does not have the right, ability, or reason to disarm the citizens of the United States and that each citizen has the right to defend themself from tyranny and oppression; oppression from either another citizen or the government itself.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast