Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you?

This is a discussion on Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you? within the SHTF Gear Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; It is our means to insure that we remain; ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you?

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    It is our means to insure that we remain;

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Self reliance
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Re: Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you?

What it means to me? It is a one of the Bill of Rights. Rights that many have sacrificed to defend, and preserve. The 2A specifically provides the right for me to do the same for myself, family, and loved ones.

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

It means that I am a citizen and not a subject that can protect my life and property from ANY enemy.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Freedom for my children, Duty for myself

The 2nd Amendment to me means the power to fight tyranny is in the hands of the people.
    Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

The second amendment is the authority that enables and affirms our inalienable right to life; and our freedom.

That "right to life" along with the rights of liberty and the pursuit of happiness is enabled and ensured by "keeping and bearing of arms"

Without the right to defend ourselves from tyranny, oppression, or unjust loss of liberty there IS no life, liberty or pursuit of happiness. There is no right to freely express ourselves or freely enjoy our religion when governments oppress. Governments are intended to work for the people, not to control and oppress them.

"Shall" is a word used legally meaning "mandatory", it is not optional. "Infringed" means to reduce, hinder, violate or encroach. The phrase "Shall not be infringed" is abundantly clear to any objective mind.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

America.

Liberty means we don't need an establishment to tell us what our rights are. They are God given, inherited by every person. The constitution does not bestow rights on us. The constitution puts checks on those in power so they are not able to infringe on our inherent rights. The words in the second amendment put a check on gov't overreach, and if that doesn't work the practice of the second amendment will. Our nation’s first great exercise of the second amendment resulted in a revolution that gave birth to this great nation.

What the Second Amendment means to me......

Validation of the few precious freedoms we have. It is the wisdom of our founding fathers who faced the tyranny of a greater power, overcoming the oppression by freewill choice. It is our inheritance, a tool or mechanism granted by our founding fathers to overthrow (God forbid), our own government should it become an oppressive dictatorial entity. It is the acknowledgment of our founding fathers that just as death, which we must face alone, we ultimately are responsible of our own self-preservation. It is a article of checks and balances, the government will respond to the will of the citizenry; the second amendment is the certainty. We have the right to self protection, recognizing all men are not created equal and universal protection isn’t feasible; the second amendment is the certainty.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    There's some pretty good responses in this thread, good job!
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

The second amendment guarantees all of our rights which gives us protection from our government.

Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you?

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    What does the 2nd amendment mean to you?
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Post your answer and be entered to win a for a free SHTF Gear holster. Drawing will be on February 6th.

Thanks!
    Clay
    Is it to be a random drawing? Or will there be voting to see who has the best description?

Either way these are some good responses and we should send them all to Obama, Feinstein and Piers Morgan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GunsAndViolince likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

The 2nd amendment means the freedom to defend my family and my country by protecting my God given right of firearm ownership.

It is the foundation to ever right, law, liberty, and freedom we enjoy in this country. To me, it means we are a free citizens, not subject to a tyrant government and have the power to overthrow them if so necessary.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast