Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you? - Page 4

Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you?

This is a discussion on Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you? within the SHTF Gear Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; What the 2nd Amendment means to me, glad you asked! A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you?

2nd Amendment, My Thoughts...

What the 2nd Amendment means to me, glad you asked!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Exactly which word does our government masters not understand?

It seems so self explanatory a fourth grader can understand it with no room for other interpretations by SCOTUS or elitists trying to disarm America for their own one world government views and population control.

It is common knowledge why this “right” was listed in importance of number 2, or should be common knowledge. To protect all our other rights and the eventual tyrannical government our forefathers knew human nature would eventually revert back to.

The best liberal scholars, courts and elitists can't suppress the Federalist Papers, letters from our founders detailing the intent of the 2nd most important right we currently have, that is under severe attack.

Water down or eliminate our right to keep and bear arms, we will quickly become subjects of the crown once again. Many things change... Technology, dress fashion, hell even the weather, but the one constant that has never changed through out all of human history; is the nature of man, greed and men who seek power over others to enslave, control and use them for their own desires.

In this day and age there seems to be all kinds of Americans, liberal, conservative, left, right, Democrat, Republican, Independent, etc. What is a true American I'm wondering?

Does a true American believe in the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence and future of this great nation and their prodigy, or want to change it for a utopian world and society? Give up our individual sovereign national freedoms and way of life for a one world global bow to the crown existence? Is that American?

Is it American to work your tail off to provide for you and your family, and by force of law, take what you earn in taxes and squander it for generational welfare or to foreign countries, both of which diminishes your ability to provide for your family?

Does a patriotic American or government strive to remove the Pledge of Allegiance from all schools and public gatherings? Remove all vestiges of reverence to God in the class room and public gatherings? Strive to remove all semblance of Christmas displays public and private unless all inclusive? Is that the America your forefathers would be proud of and got killed and maimed fighting for?

I may be old fashion and out of touch with the political main stream but, I see our nation crumbling and going down the road to self destruction before my very own eyes. As said, “a house divided against itself can not stand”, and to me that says America.

How many of you respect the last measure of self your forefathers gave to preserve our way of life and want to preserve it, that of our great nation and our children's inheritance?

Did our forefathers use the bow and arrow, sling shot, or a club to defeat the Crown and create our nation and defend it over the last 237 years. Would a disarmed nation be capable of of repelling national tyranny with the aforementioned?

What does the 2nd Amendment mean to me? Humm, I'll have to think on that one a bit?
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Our country was founded on the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Both of which have been sacred documents to attest to all that is the United States of America. The essence of these texts are laid out plainly for all their readers in their opening paragraphs. The beginning of the second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence reads these familiar words: “We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness—-That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.” This rather perfectly worded text gives us Americans the core of who we are and the reason why we are the greatest nation on Earth. The Preamble of the Constitution reads: “We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.” This Preamble gives us the reasons why the structure of our great nation was established. To my eyes, it seems that the Founding Fathers desired to give the people the power necessary to have life, liberty and to be able to pursue happiness and to establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote general welfare and to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity (future generations). It is for that reason that the next document to be written that would govern our land, the Bill of Rights, was drafted. The Bill of Rights outlines our God-given and unalienable rights that empower us to continue to carry out what the Founding Fathers started when they drafted the Declaration and the Constitution. The Bill of Rights is where the ideals of our nations meet practical laws. So you ask; what does the Second Amendment mean to me? The Second Amendment is our insurance policy to continue on as the nation as it was originally intended to be. It allows us to have the physical power to overcome tyranny from both foreign and domestic sources. Right now that right to defeat tyranny is being infringed upon in the most unconstitutional and un-American of ways and it must be stopped. We must band together with our words and our pens to fight this growing tyranny. I will stand with every patriot who out of their God-given right defends themselves from those who would take away our liberty and justice. The Second Amendment is the firepower behind the people of this great nation and it should never be taken from us.
    Last edited by indykid; February 5th, 2013 at 10:15 PM.

I might be late into this but figured I would still post (Since today is the due date:

To me it means I have the right to protect my family from any and all intruders, a right to protect my country with the same weapons accessible to me, and a right to fight to protect those around me in time of war as if they were kin/family.

It means I if able to afford weapons like the military i can willingly do so, But do not have to. If our soldiers are on foreign soil engaged in battle it is up to me to protect our soil from attack.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Sponsor
    jblives2ride is the winner of the random drawing. Thanks to all of those who participated!

Clay

Sponsor
    All of those who participated will get a 15% off coupon. PM me for the coupon code.

Re: Win a FREE SHTF Gear holster! What does the 2nd amendment mean to you?

Nice! Congrats jblives2ride!!

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Dang, missed it..
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Thanks for the opportunity, Clay.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234