Review, AKA, I must be weird

This is a discussion on Review, AKA, I must be weird within the SHTF Gear Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; I have had my SHTFgear ACE-1 holster for my p229 for a couple weeks now. This is how it runs. The post I made in ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hwarang54

Thread: Review, AKA, I must be weird

I have had my SHTFgear ACE-1 holster for my p229 for a couple weeks now. This is how it runs.

The post I made in this subforum with my initial review still holds true minus a couple facts.

The holster molds rather nicely, regardless of where it goes. If it molds to one part of your body, it will eventually mold to other parts of the body.

This part of my review is why I called it "AKA, I must be weird."

I have been wearing this holster as one normally would with a hybrid holster, this being somewhere between 3 and 5 position. I tried this, and found it comfortable, but I had a problem with unholstering, as it would pull the belt up a good inch to inch and half. I also found that the clothes I were tend to tuck behind the holster. I used to adjustable ride height and couldn't really find a good right height for those positions. I also found that I would have to tighten my belt A LOT ( I wear a 5.11 tactical 1.5 inch trainer belt), which probably increased retention. I finally got tired of it. While I was at work yesterday (it was a rather slow restaurant day) I started shoving things inside my pants (I know that sounds weird) and hanging things off of them to try and get a good weight idea. I got a lightbulb and I figured "why not?" I went home, took the holster and shoved it in the 2 position (appendix), and it fits PERFECTLY there. Mind you, the bottom of the holster hangs a little low (it isn't exactly cut to fit an upper thigh) but I generally wear my pants up a little high anyway. It holds the weight well and I find it to be the most comfortable position FOR ME. It doesn't yank the belt up (if you don't have a 5.11 tactical trainer belt, the first 1/4 of the belt velcros) and I can wear my belt without it being sliced in half by it. Also, the retention of the holster in this position is PERFECT. It also is easy access (I found my shoulder to cramp up when I unholstered from 4 and 5). I used both cant and ride height adjustability to give me a perfect draw (I tend to do things and slight angles). It just works for me.

IMAG0047.jpgIMAG0046.jpgIMAG0045.jpg

Note how the height adjustablility is 1 hole off. This gives me near permanent neutral cant.
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

Looks OK......but how do you guys wear all that leather and double hooks and all......those type holsters look like an old time photo wearin' garters.....too much for me.

the clips actually hide behind where the belt loops back around. Also, have you ever tried wearing a single clip holster on a gun that weighs somewhere between 3 and 4 pounds?

Also, unless I willingly show it to someone, they will never know its there.

Sponsor
    Thanks for the thorough and honest update! Glad you found what works for you!