Attention To Detail - A key Characteristic Of SHTF Gear Holsters

This is a discussion on Attention To Detail - A key Characteristic Of SHTF Gear Holsters within the SHTF Gear Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; It’s easy to see that our holsters are American Made, offer a unique set of features, and are backed with great customer support. We tend ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By SHTFGearLLC
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Attention To Detail - A key Characteristic Of SHTF Gear Holsters

Sponsor

Attention To Detail - A key Characteristic Of SHTF Gear Holsters

It’s easy to see that our holsters are American Made, offer a unique set of features, and are backed with great customer support. We tend to get a lot of feedback about the high quality of our holsters. It took a long time to truly realize what people were talking about. I considered a number of the finer points of our holsters to be the minimum standard, I didn’t realize that the attention to detail we give to each of our holsters is an anomaly in the hybrid holster market. Here are a few of the things that we do on each of our holsters.

-Beveled Edges
    The leather on each holster has a 45 degree bevel on the front and back. Beveling the edges creates a more comfortable and durable edge (eliminating a bit of fraying that can sometimes be seen on the edges of the flesh side of the leather).

-Dyed Edges
    For appearance, our edges are dyed with a durable non bleeding edge coating.

-Sanded and polished Kydex
    After we form the Kydex and trim it to size, we sand and polish the edges for a finished look and snag free use.

-Kevlar Stitching
    This is one of our most obvious and unique features. The Kevlar thread offers a break strength of over 100 pounds per stitch. The Kevlar stitching provides a greater
    distribution of stresses and is significantly stronger than rivet-only construction.

-Recessed stitching groove
    Our Kevlar stitching is set in a groove cut into the kydex. This offers even great protection for the already abrasion resistant Kevlar thread.

-Slits precut for T-nuts
    For about two years our holster came with Chicago Screws (hmm… maybe I should call them “Corruption Screws”….. haha) to mount the belt clips to the holster. This hardware worked great for most people, but occasionally we had complaints about the screws loosening over time. T-nuts have always been popular with hybrid holster makers, and they work very well. But I really didn’t like how they messed up the holster when pressed in as the user adjusted the clip position. It’s not convenient for the user and it certainly doesn’t look good. Recently, we transitioned to using T-nuts to mount our clips, but we go the extra mile by precutting the slits required to adjust the clip position in the holes. This provides an extremely easy adjustment that leaves the leather looking clean with reduced risk of damage. (And, on a side note, any customers who have the original style hardware can contact us to receive a free set of the new hardware)

You can learn more about our holsters (available for over 200 handguns) at SHTF Gear Holsters - American Made, Fast Shipping, Comfortable Holsters

Thanks!
    Clay

2. Remove Ads

Good stuff !

I have 3 of these holsters for my 3 carry guns! I have no problem hiding a full size 1911 with this thing!

I too have several SHTF Gear holsters, and the attention to detail is what I love about them. I have 3 and I love them
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Administrator
    That is some GREAT attention to detail!
    It is doing all those little (but important) extra things that moves a maker to the head of the class.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I use a SHTF for my heaviest carry gun, my HK USPCompact .45. Works like a champ! It's a great holster.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Sponsor
    Thanks for the positive comments!