Worthtrust Ultrafire Cree XML T6 LED Flashlight - $12.40

Worthtrust Ultrafire Cree XML T6 LED Flashlight - $12.40

This is a discussion on Worthtrust Ultrafire Cree XML T6 LED Flashlight - $12.40 within the Slickguns.com forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Worthtrust Ultrafire Cree XML T6 LED Zoomable Flashlight Torch Lamp 2* 18650 KIT BL - $12.40 + FREE Shipping on orders over $35...

Thread: Worthtrust Ultrafire Cree XML T6 LED Flashlight - $12.40

how do you get 1600Lm out of a torch running of a single 3 volt battery? I think you have a mistake in the specifications for this torch on your WEB site. If its correct, then that is an amazing torch.

Gary

appears this light uses a new Cree XML T6 LED. I have always noticed that all the companies from China over estimated the actual lumens output of their lights, but the Cree LED's are upgraded constantly, and the amount of light being pushed through these small lights is an amazing feat of pure science. I did a search on the Cree XML T6 LED and found a bunch of other lights claiming 1200 - 1500 lumens, so this is not a typo on the Slickguns website.

Americans call a flashlight a flashlight. Brits call them a Torch.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Sponsor
    I'm not an expert at all, but the maximum output of XML T6 is 1600 lumens....Amazon page states maximum output, but that's not what you are going to get. In my experience, this light is about 2-3 times more powerful than the small "300-400" lumen CREE Q5 flashlight that uses 14500 battery or AA battery.

Well that is a lot of light for such a small flashlight!! How long will it run with such a small battery? I will look at the specs again and might have to order myself one.
    I went to the CREE website and looked up the T6 and they state upto 1040Lumens and requires 10 watts of power, so if the little battery is up to delivering ~3.3 amps it would run for about 20 minutes in a perfect world. Even 1040lumens is a lot of light, this would make a great EDC pocket flashlight. As stated there seems to be a lot of inconsistencies with the numbers posted on the WEB. I will just have to buy one myself and see how well it works.

Gary

Sponsor
    The light is only $6 here New and Improved - Ultrafire Cree XML T6 LED Zoomable 5 Mode Flashlight 1000 Lumens 18650 Battery Required - $6.03 shipped | Slickguns
    the other link is with batteries and charger

Be advised, after 10 minutes of using the flashlight, it gets very hot.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Americans call a flashlight a flashlight. Brits call them a Torch.
    Look directly into a 1600lm light and you'll think your eyes have been torched. Or you can just keep it on for 15 minutes and think you are holding the wrong end of a torch.

If I didn't already have a drawer full of micro LED tactical lights I might bite.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor