Remove the need for citizens to register a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) with the ATF

Remove the need for citizens to register a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) with the ATF

This is a discussion on Remove the need for citizens to register a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) with the ATF within the Slickguns.com forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; Remove the need for citizens to register a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) with the ATF, paying a $200 tax stamp....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Remove the need for citizens to register a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) with the ATF

Sponsor

VIP Member
    Done.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Senior Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    I guess I'm wearing my tin foil hat tonight, but is anyone else the least bit suspicious that the administration put these out there as a form of entrapment?

Will be easier when the roundup starts...they now have a list to start with.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Done. If they start a roundup its because they already through the ATF and other infringements think they know who, how many and where. They dont and never will but if a round up starts a petition will be the least of their or our worries.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I have already seen these and signed them both, days ago. Thanks to Slickguns for posting the links... I use Slickguns.com often.

Abolish these "INFRINGEMENTS" and the BATFE as well... Then we can abolish the anti-freedom 'Homeland Security' and 'TSA' threats.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Lead Moderator
    Done
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

done, but not looking good - 1/3 there on suppressors with 1/2 the time gone; SBR in worse shape

You think the current gov gives a rats rear end about guns ? All this is if you ask me ( wearing tin foil) is a list of bad people ... We need one slam dunk court case to finnaly start knocking them back

Cause if this goes anywhere three things are going to happen When_62d398_1325713.jpg flying_pig.jpg and if our current pres signs a pro gun esp scary gun bill more then likly this will happen four-horsemen1.jpg
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Done

Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    I guess I'm wearing my tin foil hat tonight, but is anyone else the least bit suspicious that the administration put these out there as a form of entrapment?

Will be easier when the roundup starts...they now have a list to start with.
    The user list for this forum or any gun forum would make a pretty good list for the administration!!

I have a question...may sound silly to many, but the legal barrel length is 16" and the overall minimum length is 26" with a folding stock extended, right ?? Now, if one "folds" the stock, is it still legal ?? Please, factual answers not silliness.

However, back to the issue at hand. Why would anyone need anything shorter that 16" ? Novelty ?? Police shotguns are wtih 18" barrels seem to work fine in the defense of home or business. Seriously, I don't understand the necessity or reason of such.

EDIT: Nevermind, I foound this elsewhere:

“A short barreled rifle is a rifle (which is defined as a shoulder fired, rifled bore firearm) with a barrel length of less than 16", or an overall length of less than 26", or any weapon made from a rifle falling into the same length parameters (like a pistol made from a rifle). In measuring barrel length you do it from the closed breech to the muzzle, see 27 CFR sec. 179.11. To measure overall length do so along, "the distance between the extreme ends of the weapon measured along a line parallel to the center line of the bore." 27 CFR sec. 179.11. On a folding stock weapon you measure with the stock extended, provided the stock is not readily detachable, and the weapon is meant to be fired from the shoulder.”
    Last edited by USM1976; July 19th, 2014 at 05:22 PM.

I am ALL for BOTH.
    However as I've said here recently I want nothing more to do with those scum sucking dogs known as ATF other than the 4473.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post
    I have a question...may sound silly to many, but the legal barrel length is 16" and the overall minimum length is 26" with a folding stock extended, right ?? Now, if one "folds" the stock, is it still legal ?? Please, factual answers not silliness.

However, back to the issue at hand. Why would anyone need anything shorter that 16" ? Novelty ?? Police shotguns are wtih 18" barrels seem to work fine in the defense of home or business. Seriously, I don't understand the necessity or reason of such.

EDIT: Nevermind, I foound this elsewhere:

“A short barreled rifle is a rifle (which is defined as a shoulder fired, rifled bore firearm) with a barrel length of less than 16", or an overall length of less than 26", or any weapon made from a rifle falling into the same length parameters (like a pistol made from a rifle). In measuring barrel length you do it from the closed breech to the muzzle, see 27 CFR sec. 179.11. To measure overall length do so along, "the distance between the extreme ends of the weapon measured along a line parallel to the center line of the bore." 27 CFR sec. 179.11. On a folding stock weapon you measure with the stock extended, provided the stock is not readily detachable, and the weapon is meant to be fired from the shoulder.”

Also with the Cavat that a few states mesure with the stock folded for OAL .. CA and MI use to thus few if any folders

As to why hold a UZI a ps90 a sterling or a bunch of others guns .. They are easy to handle and carry and use thats why ... Also some guns were not meant to have 16 inc barrels makes them look silly to me

Also on the UZI it sucks as the stock on thouse do not easily come out so if you want to change the wooden stock to a folding stock it takes time unless you have a full auto or SBR model then you can have quick change stocks
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Do you really think this has any chance at all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast