Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Well, just reupped as a sponsor, So I Guess I'll hang around for another year. I want to thanks all those who took a chance ...

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

Well, just reupped as a sponsor, So I Guess I'll hang around for another year.

I want to thanks all those who took a chance and gave gunzilla a try.

Special thanks to Bumper and RamRod...You'll find something in you mailbox this christmas..

The support here is great. It's an honor being part of this forum and chatting with you all.

Again thanks

Dan
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

2. Remove Ads

Glad to hear you'll be sticking around! Good reminder too.......I'm down to almost half an 8oz bottle now. I have used Gunzilla on all of my firearms now, and just this last week cleaned my Savage 110fp in .308 better than it ever has been cleaned before. The Gunzilla worked real well on my Bushmaster bolt face and chamber. I've let the two 10/22's go for a while now since they are the most PITA to detail clean, but I have a new stock to finish for one of them, and then it will be back out to the range. Once I break out the Otis cleaning kit, I'll be going to town on those as well with the Gunzilla. I figure on getting the barrels as clean as the first day they saw lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    The Gunzilla worked real well on my Bushmaster bolt face and chamber.
    Do you lube your AR with anything other than Gunzilla? I have been thinking not. Based on your original review I picked up the 8oz bottle use it and only GZ on all my handguns. Thinking I'd go the same route with the AR. Thoughts?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I might have to give the gunzilla a try. I'd been using break free and used some of the gun scrubber that's synthetic safe this week on my glock polymer. It smelled like rubbing alcohol in an aerosol to me. Seemed to do ok, but I'm willing to try something else.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Do you lube your AR with anything other than Gunzilla? I have been thinking not. Based on your original review I picked up the 8oz bottle use it and only GZ on all my handguns. Thinking I'd go the same route with the AR. Thoughts?
    Gunzilla is what I use exclusively now on everything, for everything other than my SIG P220 frame/slide rails, and I use a needle oiler bottle of Zero Friction for that simply because I started to see wear spots at the left rear of the rails after less than 500 rounds. I'm guessing that might be a sort of habit I could quit now since I've learned this is common on the SIG pistols, and more noticeable to me because my SIG pistol is a two-tone, and the wear on the black frame from the stainless slide is very noticeable. Other than that, everything else has come crystal clean and well lubed with sparing amounts of the Gunzilla from the spray bottle. I've also learned to nurse the nozzle and squirt onto the head of a q-tip for hard to reach places where I don't want a full spritz of spray. As far as the AR, Gunzilla is the only thing I'm using on that for cleaning AND lube. Don't get me wrong...........CLP was what we used in the military, and I've been depending on it from those days until last year (some 26 years) for most of my firearms and especially on the AR-15 since it had become habit from my introduction to the M-16, and if the military used it, it must be good to go an anything right? I still have several squeeze bottles of Break Free CLP, and one huge can of aerosol carbon cutter I don't know what I'll be doing with now. My Glocks have been running all out on the Gunzilla since I got my first bottle. But we all know Glocks can run for a long time without any care at all right? So the Gunzilla has gotten it's run at everything AND, my wife had several long guns in storage for a period of time that have some slight exterior rusting issues, and I'm doing a Gunzilla treatment on those barrels as well, and thus far it seems to be dissipating the rust. I'd like to not go to drastic measures in order to remove. Don't get me wrong......I've always loved and cared for all of my firearms, and cleaned them methodically and thoroughly to the best of my abilities and the products I chose to do those tasks. Gun cleaning has never been considered a chore for me since I like to keep them at their best and to have a long life. But with Gunzilla, I'm using less supplies (patches and q-tips), and less time doing the cleaning. Now that I've got my wife and her sister hooked on the shooting sports, I'm doing more cleaning than ever it seems. With less than 12oz total of the Gunzilla I've used in the past year or less (since my first use and review), I don't feel badly like I did at first about all of the unused firearm cleaning supplies I had previously bought and used collecting dust in the cabinet. I've more than broke even on that score and what I might have used or had to restock in the other stuff over that period of time. If it seems like I'm rambling on about this....maybe I am. But you've just got to realize that I can't seem to say enough about this product. Maybe I could have put in simpler terms and reach a smaller crowd by saying 'non-toxic', or 'environmentally friendly'. It's hard to tell, but I hope this reply answers some more of the questions about Gunzilla. By the way....I've kept more money aside for buying ammo with Gunzilla. It's cheap considering the costs of other stuff bought for specific applications. Just like Wal Mart is my one stop for shop (so long as they keep selling ammo).......Gunzilla is my one stop firearms care favorite. You don't have to like it, but you're gonna.

<Long Ramble Snipped >

.Gunzilla is my one stop firearms care favorite. You don't have to like it, but you're gonna.
    Agreed. Based on your review, I bought some (as I already commented to) and found I like it. Not only all the other wonderful things RR mentioned here, it has a really pleasant scent. <joke> I'm actually wondering if I can use it as a cooking oil as it smells like pine nuts a little</joke>

Seriously, I can attest to all the things RR said here. The stuff just works. I'm also considering using it as my sole lubricant in the AR15. I'm using Mil-tec right now but if this is an all-in-one, I might just spray a spritz of it in the chamber and go.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Thumbs up Gunzilla

just ordered the 8oz bottle. when that runs out ill buy the 16oz and just fill up the 8oz bottle... not too happy with the shipping. seems a bit high...

Product Name: 8 ounce spray bottle
    Unit Price: $15.95
    Quantity: 1
    Shipping Method: USPS Priority Mail

Shipping: $7.10
    Grand Total: $23.05

PS I'm never happy with shipping prices...
    Last edited by JustInCase; October 11th, 2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: add sentence
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

Distinguished Member
    Will it harm the finish on a alloy gun like a 340 or 642 and will it harm rubber grips?

OK, I'm convinced. After years of using Hoppes #9, I wanted to find a less toxic alternative.

Ordered a large bottle, and went to work on an already cleaned CZ 9mm. I was amazed at the stuff that still came off onto the patches. Either my original cleaning was not up to par, or this stuff really does work better.

Anyway, adding my $.02 and giving the product a rave review!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

As far as the AR, Gunzilla is the only thing I'm using on that for cleaning AND lube.
    Thanks exactly what I needed and expected to hear. Just want to confirm. It has been the only thing I have used on the handguns XD's, Cougar, Bersa and the shottiie & 10/22 but wanted to hear from a reliable user before going to it lube my long guns /AR as I have a bit more invested in those. I have used it to clean the them and as you have said it is a much easier way of doing things.
    Anyone have any idea what the shelf life of this stuff is? May be worth while to lay some spare bottles to lay down in some caches
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Redrick,

My wife has a S&W 431PD in .32H&R it has the Aluminium-Scandium frame and We have no problem using Gunzilla.

As with any cleaner, wipe it dry and do not let it stand wet on the firearm.

The grips are ok also, same rule.

Dan
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Just ordered my 8oz spray bottle based on everyone's commendation. I, too, have been using Hoppes #9, CLP, etc. My wife and I are new to handguns, and cleaning them, and would like a simpler process IF it can do what all the aforementioned products do but in one solution. I can't wait to try it.

After having the 8oz bottle for little over two mouths, I finally got around to using it.
    All I can say Is WOW, I cleaned my Glock 23 with CLP as I always do
    then I used the Gunzilla! All I can say is I thought CLP cleaned pretty good but what came off the patch after Gunzilla, it made me a believer.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Maybe I am crazy, but after a while spent trying to figure out what Gunzilla smells like, I have concluded that it is celery root.

I don't care, though. It cleans well. Gunzilla + Slide Glide makes all my guns very happy.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Agreed Kazz.

Gunzilla +Slide Glide FTW.

I use it on everything now; Handguns and longguns.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast