Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. - Page 11

Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Originally Posted by TapRackBang Redrick, My wife has a S&W 431PD in .32H&R it has the Aluminium-Scandium frame and We have no problem using Gunzilla. ...

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    Redrick,

My wife has a S&W 431PD in .32H&R it has the Aluminium-Scandium frame and We have no problem using Gunzilla.

As with any cleaner, wipe it dry and do not let it stand wet on the firearm.

The grips are ok also, same rule.

Dan
    Thanks Dan, now I will have to order some.

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    just ordered the 8oz bottle. when that runs out ill buy the 16oz and just fill up the 8oz bottle... not too happy with the shipping. seems a bit high...

Product Name: 8 ounce spray bottle
    Unit Price: $15.95
    Quantity: 1
    Shipping Method: USPS Priority Mail

Shipping: $7.10
    Grand Total: $23.05

PS I'm never happy with shipping prices...
    10 days and still no gunzilla...
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

came today... took 12 days...

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    That's not normal for them. I might balk about that myself without regard of the possible factors involved. I'm sure there's a good answer as to why. I figure once you start using it, the shipping time it took might be forgotten. (worth the wait?). Maybe they've been overwhelmed on orders, or the chemist quit or went on strike. Maybe since they supply our military...... from what I understand......there might be a shortage? I'm still interested in hearing your review.

Well, I've been hearing about this product, so today on my lunch break (which I'm still on, thank God for Aloha Fridays), I e-mailed the company to ask for a free sample. I explained to them that I'm in the military and getting ready for deployment, and also that I would have to test out their product on my personally owned M4 (pretty much done with live fire until deployment).

Under an hour later Mr. Kettles had e-mailed me back asking me for an address to ship the sample to. Even if it takes two weeks to get to my home, I'll still have plenty of time to use it during leave and evaluate it. And then if it is everything that the testimonials on here say, I'll supply at least my whole squad with it for Afghanistan, since it would make us more effective and give us a better chance of survival (Not that the chances of the best squad in my battalion, mine, are low, but I'll take every advantage I can get).

I look forward to trying this product out.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    (worth the wait?). I'm still interested in hearing your review.
    definitely worth the wait... this stuff is great...

Quote Originally Posted by h8red00 View Post
    That's not the norm as RR said, I ordered mine on-line and had it in three or four days. I was actually shocked to get it that fast.

Now that you have some you can order when you are getting low rather that when you run out so the wait (if there is one) won't matter.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I apologize for the wait. I am running out as soon as I get new product in & for some reason its taking almost a week for me to get restocked. I do strive to get the orders out as soon as possible.

I have also been out of town because of work and that doesn't help.

Please try to bear with me & I'll get them to ya.

Again thanks for the support

Dan
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I look forward to trying this product out.
    Look forward to your review and decision
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

My box from Gunzilla came yesterday, so it took about 10 days. Either I didn't do a good job on my M-4 before (which I don't believe as all my firearms get a really good cleaning each time I'm back in Ohio), or it does a much better job than the products I was using. A lot of extra crud came out of it. My plan is now to take the M-4 out in the next few days, and shoot a fair number of rounds, to see how it performs as a lubricant, and then give it another Gunzilla cleaning.

The smell is kind of odd.

And for any AD military members who see this, give the stuff a try. E-mail the company and they will send you a free sample to try.

I'll post another report after I shoot in a few days.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Either I didn't do a good job on my M-4 before (which I don't believe as all my firearms get a really good cleaning each time I'm back in Ohio), or it does a much better job than the products I was using. A lot of extra crud came out of it.
    That is the most common comment when someone tries gunzilla for the first time.

Its because Gunzilla actually breaks the bond of carbon and other cleaners just soften carbon requiring it to still be scrapped out.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

OK you sold me. Just placed my order.
    Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

Ooh, ooh that smell... Can't you smell that smell?

The smell is kind of odd.

i kinda like the smell... not as harsh as my previous cleaners... and with gunzilla i don't get light headed...

Quote Originally Posted by h8red00 View Post
    i kinda like the smell... not as harsh as my previous cleaners... and with gunzilla i don't get light headed...
    I kinda like it too, although, it is different.

So, yesterday I made it out with my Bushmaster M-4, to test it out after having used Gunzilla on it once in order to put on a lubricating coat. I only took out 100 rounds of ammo, being a mixture of Silver Bear .223, and Wolf .223 (both filthy ammo). But I have to say, I was impressed. I didn't have a single malfunction from the weapon. And didn't notice the weapon really heating up at all during firing, which I found a little odd, but is definitely good. I was using PMAGs, which I use pretty much exclusively since they are so amazing.

I then took the rifle home and cleaned it again with Gunzilla, using a standard military style cleaning kit. I think I was able to get the gun cleaner, faster than I usually can, but of course, that is kind of subjective.

But basically I am sold on this product. I want to go clean every gun in my safe with it, but won't right now, as I got the free sample to test the product out before my next deployment and not for civilian use. And I will be taking all of it I have with me on deployment to keep my weapons system running better.

Anyone who is interested in this product, I'd suggest giving it a try, its pretty amazing.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

I kinda like it too, although, it is different.

So, yesterday I made it out with my Bushmaster M-4, to test it out after having used Gunzilla on it once in order to put on a lubricating coat. I only took out 100 rounds of ammo, being a mixture of Silver Bear .223, and Wolf .223 (both filthy ammo). But I have to say, I was impressed. I didn't have a single malfunction from the weapon. And didn't notice the weapon really heating up at all during firing, which I found a little odd, but is definitely good. I was using PMAGs, which I use pretty much exclusively since they are so amazing.

I then took the rifle home and cleaned it again with Gunzilla, using a standard military style cleaning kit. I think I was able to get the gun cleaner, faster than I usually can, but of course, that is kind of subjective.

But basically I am sold on this product. I want to go clean every gun in my safe with it, but won't right now, as I got the free sample to test the product out before my next deployment and not for civilian use. And I will be taking all of it I have with me on deployment to keep my weapons system running better.

Anyone who is interested in this product, I'd suggest giving it a try, its pretty amazing.
    Well, now you got me to thinking I need some PMAGs for my Bushmaster as well. The smell.......someone mentioned pine nuts, but I'm still thinking mellaluca oil. Really no consequence since it's non-toxic. My Bushmaster was among the last of my firearms to use the Gunzilla treatment on, and now since you've posted your review, I actually think this product may be at it's best for the AR15/M16 employment. Interesting you noted less heating in your weapon, and now it's got me to thinking even more about using Gunzilla on chrome lined bores, and a possible increase in projectile velocity due to better lubrication. If I had a crony, I'd do some tests myself.
    Glad to hear your review.....it is pretty amazing stuff.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast