Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Ram Rod Well, now you got me to thinking I need some PMAGs for my Bushmaster as well. The smell.......someone mentioned pine ...

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, now you got me to thinking I need some PMAGs for my Bushmaster as well. The smell.......someone mentioned pine nuts, but I'm still thinking mellaluca oil. Really no consequence since it's non-toxic. My Bushmaster was among the last of my firearms to use the Gunzilla treatment on, and now since you've posted your review, I actually think this product may be at it's best for the AR15/M16 employment. Interesting you noted less heating in your weapon, and now it's got me to thinking even more about using Gunzilla on chrome lined bores, and a possible increase in projectile velocity due to better lubrication. If I had a crony, I'd do some tests myself.
    Glad to hear your review.....it is pretty amazing stuff.
    PMAGS really are amazing, they are all I use in my service weapon and personally owned M-4, never had any issue with any of mine, and I have over a dozen of them. And they are only a couple bucks more expensive than standard mags usually (but don't try runnin a SAW off them.) I only really noticed the heat thing because I'm used to shooting a lot in a shot amount of time, and have seen a M-16A4 get relatively warm after a hundred rounds or so. Not enough to effect function necessarily wit only a couple hundred rounds, but enough to notice, even with tactical gloves.

The only reason I restricted my testing to an M-4, is because I am going to be taking this product with me overseas, and Mr. Kettles sent me a free sample being AD military, which in my mind makes the sample for use with service weapons.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I then took the rifle home and cleaned it again with Gunzilla, using a standard military style cleaning kit. I think I was able to get the gun cleaner, faster than I usually can, but of course, that is kind of subjective.
    i definitely think this is the case with this stuff...
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

This product lives up to its reputation.

My old cleaning solvent is now collecting dust.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Interesting that you should mention the less heat issue.

Here is a test that was done in 2007 using a M-16

test

The results are clear. Less friction, less heat, less wear, better accuracy

buckeyeLCPL

I sure Don would want you to use your sample as you please. Feel free to clean what ever you like it it, He gives samples to non military sometimes as do I. Its more about getting the word out.

His focus is our military. Real good guy.

Dan
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I also wanted to mention that it will increase accuracy.

I have experienced that myself with my 1911, my eye sight has worsened but my scores have improved.

There is a Jr Shooting Team in CA called the Grizzilies, they set a new National Jr record in the CMP NTIT service rifle match (Battle Rattle) at the 2008 National shooting Championships in Camp Perry.

The Grizzlies were the first junior team to win the Rattle Battle in the 107-year history of the championships, which are sanctioned by the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) and the National Rifle Association (NRA).

The Griz became the first civilian team to win the match since 1930.

7 of the 15 Jrs placed in the Presidents top 100 match (1138 competitors, mostly adults and military)

The team coach stated that they owe alot of thier teams improvement to Gunzilla.

California Grizzlies Junior Rifle Team
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    Interesting that you should mention the less heat issue.

Here is a test that was done in 2007 using a M-16

test

The results are clear. Less friction, less heat, less wear, better accuracy

buckeyeLCPL

I sure Don would want you to use your sample as you please. Feel free to clean what ever you like it it, He gives samples to non military sometimes as do I. Its more about getting the word out.

His focus is our military. Real good guy.

Dan
    Dan, his focus does seem to be military, and it is appreciated. I'm still gonna reserve my sample bottles for work use though, because from what I have heard, packages to the AO I'm going to take a while, and so I'll be taking all of it to make sure there is enough until I order more.

Great product though, I do recommend it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Ordered mine on the 5th, got it today, the 9th. Excellent service. I have to go dirty up a gun so I can try it.
    Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

really free samples to military well being a true soldier am always down for free i would like to see if its better then my miltec i swear by i love that stuff dont go outside the wire with out it

ok where do i sign up??????
    S&W M&P 45c sold
    HK USPc 45 sold
    Glock 36M CC

Quote Originally Posted by h8red00 View Post
    with gunzilla i don't get light headed...
    And here I was thinking that was an upside of the old stuff. J/K
    I am trying a new use for GZ and putting on my 1095 high carbon knives. So far it seems to be an excellent rust preventative and stays on the blade even after I use them. So when I am out in the bush I don't find a need to oil them constantly. I know that Gunzilla is supposed to be non toxic but my guess is that it was never intended to be ingested. So the question I have is if GZ is safe to eat, as in any that may contaminate food that I cut with a knife coated with GunZilla. Anyone know? Thoughts? Out in the bush is one of the last places I want to get food poisoning or a case of the runs. Not to mention how sad I'd be if I ruined a deer or elk.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I came across a soy based product that cleans,lubes, cuts friction better than WD, Liquid Wrench,CRC,everything else out there. I have not tried gunzilla yet. Yet!! I guess being soy based if you ingested it it would not harm you.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I came across a soy based product that cleans,lubes, cuts friction better than WD, Liquid Wrench,CRC,everything else out there. I have not tried gunzilla yet. Yet!! I guess being soy based if you ingested it it would not harm you.
    Nah. Just the squirts more than likely. I've never worried about the preservatives I've used on my knives when I went to use them to cut fruits or meats. I'm sure ingest a heck of a lot more noxious stuff every day at work.

Nah. Just the squirts more than likely. I've never worried about the preservatives I've used on my knives when I went to use them to cut fruits or meats. I'm sure ingest a heck of a lot more noxious stuff every day at work.
    That is pretty much my take. Not real worried, than again even "just" the squirts could put the damper on an otherwise fine meal. In a survival scenario it could be fatal

I'm sure ingest a heck of a lot more noxious stuff every day at work.
    Now that could be real comforting or real disconcerting if you work in a toxic waste dump or nuke power plant.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I just ordered my first bottle 8oz. I also ordered a bottle of Militec1. The instructions say the weapon needs to be cleaned first before using Militec1. Based on what I have read on this forum, GZ will do the trick and then some.
    Thank to you guys, for all the input.

Wapiti

I did a search for "lube" in this thread, but I didn't really see anything other than AR posts. I'm interested in trying Gunzilla on my various handguns (Kahr, Glock, Seecamp) due to all of the reviews. Do I still need to use a lubricant after a cleaning with Gunzilla?

My current cleaning regimen after a trip to the range is Hoppes No.9 followed by a generous amount of Hoppes Lubricating Oil. It's worked very well for years and years.

1. If I use Gunzilla, do I need to use any other lubricant?
    2. If I only need Gunzilla as a lubricant, how ofter do I need to re-apply it if a gun just sits in a safe?
    3. If Gunzilla is the lubricant, do I need to put an additional amount after the cleaning?

1. If I use Gunzilla, do I need to use any other lubricant? In my opinion, no. I do put a drop or two of Zero Friction down the slide rails of my P220 just because. On everything else, Gunzilla is the only thing I use for cleaning/lube. (you'll know once you get it and rub a little bit between your fingers as to why)
    2. If I only need Gunzilla as a lubricant, how ofter do I need to re-apply it if a gun just sits in a safe? How often have you re-applied what you've been using for those guns that just sit in the safe?
    3. If Gunzilla is the lubricant, do I need to put an additional amount after the cleaning? You can if you'd like. Personally, I use Gunzilla for cleaning and lube all at once. This product goes a long way. I actually let it sit a bit after spraying, then clean, then leave it alone. This stuff appears to soak into, or bond with most firearms/metals, even alloys...even after years of usage of the 'other' products....(more about that in a minute). If you wipe out the slide rails of a semi-auto pistol with a pipe cleaner like I do, and you feel that you've removed the Gunzilla after doing so, then just spritz the end of a q-tip and run down the rails afterward. Inside my barrels, I just clean with patches and leave them alone.

Like you, I've cleaned and lubed, preserved and maintained all of my firearms religiously and methodically for many years with my own specific regimen. Clean, lube, preserve and prevent (rust). That's been pretty much a three step process on each and every firearm for me. With Gunzilla, it's just one step now, one product. Glocks, bolt actions, AK47, AR15, the 10/22s, etc........ Range time is actually more enjoyable after Gunzilla because I know I won't have half as much work when it comes to cleaning everything up. In my experience, the simple use of Gunzilla the very first and second times cleaning actually cuts the cleaning effort in half again on subsequent cleanings from there on out because it's that good, and the firearms are sort of impregnated with it by then. I've stated before that I can't seem to say enough about the product. Thing is, every now and then, someone like you comes along to give me another opportunity. I'm not selling the product, and you should by no means take my opinion as the absolute truth until you've tried it yourself. Tell you what, we're planning on opening a gunsmith/taxidermy shop soon. When and if I start carrying firearm cleaning products, I'm going to keep it simple and effective. My shop will carry only Gunzilla. Once word gets out, why stock inventory that would never sell? One of these days when I get overly ambitious and can offer free shipping for all, I'll list all of my former personal product holdings to whomever speaks for them first. I'm that serious.

Here's what's quoted on the Gunzilla website:
    Gunzilla™ is a one step cleaner designed to clean, lubricate, and protect, all in one formula.
    Gunzilla