Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Is Gunzilla similar or comparable to Weapon Shield? It's also a one product cleaner, lube and protectant. I have some but haven't used it yet. ...

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

Is Gunzilla similar or comparable to Weapon Shield? It's also a one product cleaner, lube and protectant. I have some but haven't used it yet.
    www.weaponshield.com

2. Remove Ads

Ram Rod, thanks for your opinion on this. I'm going to give it a try for my next range visit. I agree that range time would be much more enjoyable if the cleaning process was greatly reduced. :)

One of the biggest reasons I want to switch is because I have over lubed some of my guns from time to time. When they rest in the safe on their side, the side laying down sometimes has lubricant on the outside of the slide. Not to mention that I've read that people have had problems with the bullets being contaminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    1. If I use Gunzilla, do I need to use any other lubricant? In my opinion, no. I do put a drop or two of Zero Friction down the slide rails of my P220 just because. On everything else, Gunzilla is the only thing I use for cleaning/lube. (you'll know once you get it and rub a little bit between your fingers as to why)
    2. If I only need Gunzilla as a lubricant, how ofter do I need to re-apply it if a gun just sits in a safe? How often have you re-applied what you've been using for those guns that just sit in the safe?
    3. If Gunzilla is the lubricant, do I need to put an additional amount after the cleaning? You can if you'd like. Personally, I use Gunzilla for cleaning and lube all at once. This product goes a long way. I actually let it sit a bit after spraying, then clean, then leave it alone. This stuff appears to soak into, or bond with most firearms/metals, even alloys...even after years of usage of the 'other' products....(more about that in a minute). If you wipe out the slide rails of a semi-auto pistol with a pipe cleaner like I do, and you feel that you've removed the Gunzilla after doing so, then just spritz the end of a q-tip and run down the rails afterward. Inside my barrels, I just clean with patches and leave them alone.

Like you, I've cleaned and lubed, preserved and maintained all of my firearms religiously and methodically for many years with my own specific regimen. Clean, lube, preserve and prevent (rust). That's been pretty much a three step process on each and every firearm for me. With Gunzilla, it's just one step now, one product. Glocks, bolt actions, AK47, AR15, the 10/22s, etc........ Range time is actually more enjoyable after Gunzilla because I know I won't have half as much work when it comes to cleaning everything up. In my experience, the simple use of Gunzilla the very first and second times cleaning actually cuts the cleaning effort in half again on subsequent cleanings from there on out because it's that good, and the firearms are sort of impregnated with it by then. I've stated before that I can't seem to say enough about the product. Thing is, every now and then, someone like you comes along to give me another opportunity. I'm not selling the product, and you should by no means take my opinion as the absolute truth until you've tried it yourself. Tell you what, we're planning on opening a gunsmith/taxidermy shop soon. When and if I start carrying firearm cleaning products, I'm going to keep it simple and effective. My shop will carry only Gunzilla. Once word gets out, why stock inventory that would never sell? One of these days when I get overly ambitious and can offer free shipping for all, I'll list all of my former personal product holdings to whomever speaks for them first. I'm that serious.

Here's what's quoted on the Gunzilla website:
    Gunzilla
    Jeeze you're starting to sound like a shill for Gunzilla J/K and I agree with every word BTW it is working great on my high carbon blades. Seems to stay on the blade even after I use them and wipe them off from whatever. Just give them a quick Gunzilla wipe when I do my touch up and I am good to go until the next time
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Well they convinced me to buy some, I'll see how well it does when it gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I've stated before that I can't seem to say enough about the product. Thing is, every now and then, someone like you comes along to give me another opportunity. I'm not selling the product, and you should by no means take my opinion as the absolute truth until you've tried it yourself.
    I've stated my opinion of the product already but I'm going to +1 to Ram here because he said what needed to be said and I agree. I'm about half finished with my 12 oz (?) bottle. I put about two inches in a mason jar and drop my small parts in there like the AR15 bolt group to soak (although I don't think it needs to) while I'm cleaning other parts. I just cap the mason jar when I'm done. Works like a dream and I cannot... cannot get over the smell. Kinda makes me want to lick my fingers when I'm done.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Here's a little tip to make your Gunzilla go even further, especially for the new user and the trials. I use old torn up 100% cotton t-shirts for my rags when cleaning and wiping down my firearms exterior metals. Once the piece of t-shirt has been used to wipe down several rifle barrels or pistol slides after a spritz of Gunzilla, it will become impregnated with Gunzilla enough where you won't need to spritz the barrels or slides, just simply give them a good going over with the rag. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

Just ordered my 1.9 spray bottle, can't wait to try it on everything especially my AR!

In Nowember I got a couple of bottles at the Grand national gun show in Tulsa. It is the best thing I've ever used in 50+ years of gun cleaning. Does anyone know of an unhappy user? I hope Breakfree is not planning a buyout.

My deer rifle

I have a 30-30 sears model 100 (winchester model 94) that has been finicky for the last several years. It sometimes wants to lock up when loading. With the winchester, you have to drop the hammer to half cock. The gun has a safety button on the lever handle that guarentees that you grip the lever to the stock when you squeeze the trigger. Sometimes my 30-30 would jam and be really difficult to release the hammer to half cock.
    After last years deer season I decided "enough of this ****" and took the gun to a gun smith over the summer. They couldn't find anything wrong with the gun. They had me shoot it on their range. I put about 20 rounds through it. It still jammed on us a few times, but was not quite as hard to unjam as it sometimes is.
    When I got it home after shooting it at the gun smiths I decided to clean it with Gunzilla. This is the first time I had cleaned it since I got the bottle of Gunzilla. I then put the gun away for 6 months.
    When I took the gun deer hunting this year it performed perfectly all week. NO jams, no trouble at all.

Next time I am at the gun show I will be buying a new larger bottle of Gunzilla.

Ordered a bottle today and according to my email it shipped before I finished reading all the post.

On another note. Is there some way a fund could be setup so that people that want to could donate funds to send some GZ to ou service people? Not sure how that would work or if it is even possible. I would gladly donate $20 or so for our men and women in service to receive this.

I didn't receive an email, but my order arrived in just a few days. Now I'll have to find a moment to clean all of my guns. :)

I cleaned my Kahr PM9 and P380 today with the Gunzilla. The guns were already clean from a Hoppes No.9 and Hoppes Lubrication Oil session after a trip to the range a month or two ago. The Gunzilla cleaned off some additional powder that I must have missed the first time in the barrel and slide. I have to say that the slight smell was a vast change from Hoppes making the entire room smell. I also didn't lubricate my guns this time. It just seems weird not to lubricate the gun afterwards since Gunzilla should be an all in one product. I don't have full confidence yet and am still debating whether to add some lube or not.

I'm probably going to go to the range next week to sight in my new Crimson Trace LaserGuard for my P380, so we'll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I didn't receive an email, but my order arrived in just a few days. Now I'll have to find a moment to clean all of my guns. :)
    Well, you don't actually "need" to clean all of your guns immediately since you got the Gunzilla. But once you do the first, you may want to. Once you get into them, you'll know what you've been missing, and how much extra time and expense has been lost in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I cleaned my Kahr PM9 and P380 today with the Gunzilla. The guns were already clean from a Hoppes No.9 and Hoppes Lubrication Oil session after a trip to the range a month or two ago. The Gunzilla cleaned off some additional powder that I must have missed the first time in the barrel and slide. I have to say that the slight smell was a vast change from Hoppes making the entire room smell. I also didn't lubricate my guns this time. It just seems weird not to lubricate the gun afterward since Gunzilla should be an all in one product. I don't have full confidence yet and am still debating whether to add some lube or not.

I'm probably going to go to the range next week to sight in my new Crimson Trace LaserGuard for my P380, so we'll see how that goes.
    I've highlighted some key points of interest in your post......(hope you don't mind).
    We all miss something the first time we clean one of our used firearms don't we? Or maybe at least in the first half hour of doing so with what we've relied on for years to do the job we expected it to do.
    Lube if you want to. Peace of mind is sacred when it comes to caring for your firearms. Gunzilla's claim is that it's an all-in-one product. Have you felt it between your fingers yet? Just a tiny squirt (it's still cheaper than gold but worth more).
    It is rather difficult to place confidence in the unknown. Further evidence that you should awaits you. This is the point where you feel excited about the unknown in your trials and tests. Remember these times as they will quickly pass, and someday you'll want to feel that excitement again, but it escapes you in your routine. I don't think you're likely to be more impressed in the future than you are now. Savor the moments cleaning your firearms with Gunzilla now. These times will never be the same again.

Reading this I realized that this is post 194 on this thread and not one single disagreement. Not one single negative disparaging remark about Gunzilla. Is there another thread on this or any forum where every one is in complete agreement. I mean seriously let me post a ".45 Caliber the Best Caliber in the World" or "XD the Best EDC in the World" and lets see how quickly someone disagrees. Yet TapRackBang posted Gunizlla Best Gun Cleaner In The World and not one single person has disagreed even though I suspect a few of us like Ram Rod bought the stuff fully expecting to disagree. I don't think that any product can have a better endorsement than when the skeptics love it.

If ever Gunzilla goes public I am buying stock.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Let's make it post 195. I always have used Hoppes #9 on my guns and this past week tried Gunzilla on my PM9 and my USP. Not only was it faster and better smelling, it cleaned gunk from the gun that the Hoppes did not. Finished off with a bit of Miltec to lube. I'm sold