Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. - Page 15

Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I am buying a NIB Colt stored unfired since '85. Will Gunzilla be enough to remove old oil and shipping "grease"?...

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

Old Oil?

I am buying a NIB Colt stored unfired since '85. Will Gunzilla be enough to remove old oil and shipping "grease"?

Sure it will! Gunzilla is enough for anything in my book. Thing is.....I wouldn't want to waste any of MY Gunzilla on that project. I think it's intended for better uses as far as I'm concerned. De greasing long term stored firearms can be tedious. I'm sure Gunzilla would make it a quick chore. My opinion? If I could sell you a gallon of Gunzilla, I would, but I think your Gunzilla would be best saved for after the de greasing project and used for it's better intended purposes. It depends on how heavily your pistol has been preserved. Personally, I'd strip it down with hot water and dishwashing liquid, or some of the other recommended practices (Google cosmoline removal) and then start with the Gunzilla from the ground up. Sort of like taking a clay bar to your car...break it down to the paint, start on a clean slate, then let Gunzilla be your sealer and wax. Either way, Gunzilla is something you should have to care for that prized pistol, your every day carry, your one week a year deer stalker, your competition gun, all of the firearms you love. I say use it wisely, and place your order today. Tomorrow will never be the same.

I had a couple of questions about Gunzilla that Don Kettles was kind enough to answer for me. The first was about the shelf life of Gunzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kettles
    On Feb 10, 2010, at 3:52 PM, Don Kettles wrote:
    We guaranteed the military a shelf life of 5 years in the bottle. As we get closer to the five year mark on our original batch we will probably be increasing the shelf life. In regards to how long it will last on the gun depends a lot on how much was originally put on the gun and the conditions where the gun is stored. Specifically we tell our customers to put a light moist coating on the metal areas of the gun for long term storage. Then I would check your guns after a year and see how they are looking. We have customers who have stored guns for two years with superior results. Just to be safe even if the guns look fine, I would clean the guns every two years with Gunzilla
    Based on that I will be stock piling some Gunzilla and rotating my stock.
    The next question came from the M4 Carbine forum that refuses to believe that ARs run cooler and cleaner on Gunzilla where a gentleman had said that Gunzilla removed some custom cameo paint from his gun and the red dot off of his safety. So I asked to see if he was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kettles
    On Feb 14, 2010, at 4:53:06 AM , Don Kettles wrote:

Generally speaking Gunzilla will not harm paints that have been baked on or powder coated. But paints that have been sprayed out of can, dipped, or painted with a brush can be removed by Gunzilla. For example, on my son's car I removed road paint and tar from his car but it left the paint finish fine. We recommend testing Gunzilla first on any special finish. In regards to camo finishes they are all done differently and we recommend testing a non-noticeable area first. Also on painted surfaces we recommend wiping Gunzilla completely dry after cleaning. We also recommend wiping Gunzilla completely dry after cleaning wood surfaces.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    Actually, Im not in marketing...I am a police officer..I met Don Kettles the inventor of Gunzilla at the World SWAT challenge a couple of years ago. I was so impressed with the product, I built a website and became a dealer on the side. I was impressed with this forum and decieded to take my chances.
    Looks like you have great instincts. The rule of 250 came from book called The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino. It is the principle that for every person you deal with you make an impression on 250 people as they tell their friends who tell their friends. Since the internet I am sure that number has expanded exponentially. While the book may be a bit dated its principles are sound and a good read for anyone in marketing and sales of any kind. I used them in the advertising agency I sold and retired off of debt free at age 40.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

So wait, Gunzilla works as both lube and cleaning solvent?

After reading reviews of Gunzilla on this forum, I picked up a bottle of gunzilla this past weekend at a gun show. Cleaned my g26 and my new ar-15. I am impressed and it cut my cleaning time in half. The feel of my glock's slide is different also, it feels like there is less friction as if there is excessive oil on the rails but there isn't.

So wait, Gunzilla works as both lube and cleaning solvent?
    Yes..It's 100% organic (read plant material) It breaks the bond of carbon at the molecular level, (why you get more carbon out) and as it drys is leaves a very slick invisible finish..Here are some tests done on it

test. Less heat from the bolt means less friction.

Oh & my favorite part is it's non-ionic..it doesn't attract dust.

Dan
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Thanks for that, I often forward emails and questions to Don as I get them and he's really good about anwsering them.. Thanks again for the repost
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Yes..It's 100% organic (read plant material)
    Organic, like organic solvents, or like organic tomatoes?

I like it, but I'd really like to know what's in it before I really believe the "non-toxic, environmentally friendly, plant-based" talk.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Administrator

What Is In It

Here is the Material Safety Data Sheet for it but, that still won't tell you what is in it.
    It's a Proprietary Mixture.
    Section 1

That's why I asked. It has an HMIS rating of 2. Not terrible, but not benign either.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

After reading all of these posts I have two comments to make. I ordered the stuff of Saturday afternoon and did not get it until Monday. Cleaned my revolver, have to admit the trigger action did improve, however after a day at the range the darn gun was dirty again. Hard to believe that sliced bread is the greatest thing since gunzilla.

Ordered an 8oz bottle today based off of this thread.
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by wormtown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    Yes..It's 100% organic (read plant material)
    Organic, like organic solvents, or like organic tomatoes?
    Looks like the portion of the post you quoted answered your question before you asked it. I am sure that 99% of the english speaking population would interpret (read plant material) to mean it is made out of plants. Specifically that in this context organic means plant material. Just to be sure it is clear to you. Gunzilla is made from plants.

Quote Originally Posted by wormtown View Post
    I like it, but I'd really like to know what's in it before I really believe the "non-toxic, environmentally friendly, plant-based" talk.
    Some how I doubt that Don will give out the specifics of a multi million (billion?) dollar formula. Do your own research read Don & Dan's websites. They have already answered your question. They are as transparent, up front, clear and informative as they can be.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Actually not a bad question, as organic, plant material includes a huge number of poisonous compounds, as well as contact irritants, like the oil that makes poison ivy so painful.