Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. - Page 16

Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; i used gunzilla on my hair clippers. i only had to use it once and they did not heat up like when i used rem ...

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

i used gunzilla on my hair clippers. i only had to use it once and they did not heat up like when i used rem oil. before gunzilla i would have to reapply rem oil a few times before i was finished shaving my head.
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

Organic, like organic solvents, or like organic tomatoes?
    Actually its a good question. Organic componds mean they have at least one carbon molecule. Hydrocarbons are considered Organic

Simple Hydocarbons include, Methane, Propane, Butane all are hazardous materials.

I guess the correct word would be natural. Natural compounds are those derived from plants.

Gunzilla is formulated to remove the hazardous chemical exposure associated with many gun cleaners. Just because a product says "biodegradable" or "non toxic" doesn't neccessarily mean it contains no hazardous chemicals. So it is important for the product to say "no hazardous chemicals" because hazardous chemicals are regulated by the federal government. A hazardous chemical is defined by OSHA as any chemical that is a health hazard or a physicial hazard.

OSHA defines a health hazard as a chemical for which there is a statistically significant evidence based on at least one study conducted in accordance with established scientific principles that acute or chronic health effects may occur in exposed employees. Chemicals covered by this definition include carcinogens, toxic or highly toxic agents, reproductive toxins, irritants, corrosives, sensitizers, hepatotoxins, nephrotoxins, neurotoxins, agents that act on the hematopoietic system, and agents that can damage the lungs, skin, eyes, or mucous membranes.

Gunzilla contains NO HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS, is non flammable, and non corrosive. It is also air shipping safe and is legal to carry in your checked baggage on an airliner.

Hoppes#9
    HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS

Ethyl Alcohol
    Kerosene
    Xylene
    Amyl Acetane
    Ammonia, aqueous

Health Hazard
    Irritant
    Sensitizer
    Carcinogenic (CA)

Physical Hazards
    Flammable

Seems clear to me which is safer...Is it 100% inert..quess not..but beats the pants off Hoppes#9

I won't use the word organic anymore ...Natural is the way to go..
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Reassuring.
    So, what's in it?
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The bottle contains 100% pure world best gun cleaner...really its a trade secret..got a number and everything...
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Or it might have this publicly available information:

United States Patent Application: 0070010414

Mostly biodiesel, made from soya and canola. Some organic solvents, a few antioxidants (also used as food additives). Most of the stuff seems relatively safe, though some compounds (impossible to know how much in the formulation) have been associated with estrogenizing effects and toxic effects on sperm.
    I can see why it cleans great, but a there's not much lube, so a little grease on heavy friction prone parts might be a good idea.

Is it totally benign? Nope.
    Do I agree it's likely better than Hoppe's etc.? Yes.

Really, all the secrecy and evasiveness isn't necessary when this is in the public domain. Let the truth be your marketing.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter

The bottle contains 100% pure world best gun cleaner...really its a trade secret..got a number and everything...
    that was a joke..

I'll make this simple..since its clear your smarter than me and I have yet to figure out what your point is.

I don't work for gunzilla, I am an LEO that met the owner at the world SWAT challege acouple of years ago, used and like the product and became a dealer for him. I only sell online and pretty much only support this forum as my advertizing. So I had or have no idea what is in it.

I know what it is not & I know what it does. I know it works.

I suppose that you have not used it, so you may know what's in it but are not aware of how well it cleans or lubes.

Those in this forum that have used it do know how well it cleans and it lubes.

It seems apparent that you read the earlier post that indicated that since this thread started many people have used and like gunzilla and there has been no one person dislike the product.

Rather that use and decide for yourself if you like it you chose to question my honesty on this forum.

Let's just let you be the one person who does not like gunzilla and leave it at that.

I didn't mean to anger. I am not trying to "win". I have used Gunzilla. I think it's a good cleaner, and adequate protectant and lube. For me the main reason to use it is its nontoxic qualities. I just wanted a little more detail about what is in it, after all Ed's Red works great, and is super cheap, just never mind the cancer. No one seemed to know the actual stuff that made Gunzilla different including those who 'represent' the product on this forum. It was suggested to me in another post to do my own research, so I did.
    I am satisfied that most of the advertised claims about being "plant based " and non (or at least less) toxic are supported. Others on the forum may be interested.

I am not angry about the research, Actually I appreciate that.

Really, all the secrecy and evasiveness isn't necessary when this is in the public domain. Let the truth be your marketing.
    The insinuation that I am being less than honest.

Lets call it a missunderstanding and call it good

Done. I apologize for the implication, didn't mean to impugn your honesty. I will try to choose my words more carefully in the future.

No harm no foul

Senior Moderator
    Well...I'll admit that I was sceptical at first.

I have been making Ed's Red for years and I never make less than a gallon. It's cheap and it seems to work as well as anything else.

I shot over 30 thousand rounds last year, so you can imagine how much I go through since I clean my guns after every session.

At RamRods insistence to try it, I ordered some.

I can testify that I love the stuff. It does work very well.

The only issue that I have with it is that my bottle is empty and now I need more.

I hate it when that happens.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Has anyone ever tried ballistol? I learned about it in a gun store and tried it.it really does clean good and also lubricates at the same time.

Tried it. I wanted to love it as it's incredibly safe. You could probably eat it (basically mineral oil, a oleic acid "soap", and benzyl acetate (gives it its smell, sometimes used in perfumes or even in food).
    It's a little alkaline, and emulsifies in water. This makes it great for black powder or corrosive ammo.
    Some people swear by it, but I find it a bit thick and it seemed to pick up powder and get a bit gummy. Sort of too thick for an oil and too thin for a grease.

As a protectant I'm not too convinced. The emulsification with water makes me a bit nervous. Don't like water near my guns. I don't think it cleans quite as well as Gunzilla. It is cheaper though.

Bought a 5 oz spraybottle to try out with my new G19

Personally, I believe in Gunzilla so much, I'm going to try and convert the world into seeing what they've been missing. Since I feel unable to convert everyone to Glocks, this is the next best way to show my appreciation. No matter what you own and depend on...even though it's second best...you should at least preserve it and maintain it with the best. Glocks and Gunzilla pretty much go hand in hand........one is already at the top, and the other is up and coming. Both are top of the line.