Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. - Page 19

Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I have been using it for about a year now. Serious cleaner, very impressive. It will take paint off stuff and will really melt some ...

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

I have been using it for about a year now. Serious cleaner, very impressive.

It will take paint off stuff and will really melt some plastics.

It has eaten trough the plastic bottle I put it in to spray and is starting to eat through the big bottle it came in.

I sure hope it doesn't eat through the bottle it came in. That would cause quite the mess.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

After looking at the bottle a lot closer it is the label glue crap oozing down the sides, not the bottle itself. I wipe it clean everytime after filling up a spray bottle. Probably me smearing it around the label that did it. It did surprise me to see a ring around the bottom on my shelf after trying to be so careful.

It does eat some other plastics though. The little spray bottle I put it in base is fine but the top is starting to show signs of melting.

The stuff is truly amazing and I will be purchasing more after I go through the big bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    Just ordered some.... got a new AR and my new duty weapon will be here 04/06/10. Gonna start both of them off right!

Thanks TRB.

Well, that didn't take long! Got it this morning. Great service, now to start cleaning.....
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

You know there's a reason this thread keeps going, and going, and going right?

YES

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You know there's a reason this thread keeps going, and going, and going right?
    Cause it is a quality product. It never ceases to amaze me how well it works.

I have pulled nice, clean pieces out of the safe that I haven't ran in a long time (pre gunzilla days) and re-cleaned for the fun of it. It is shocking how much stuff is still in there that gunzilla gets out.

After reading your post awhile ago Ram Rod I figured, WTH might as well give it a try. I sure do appreciate getting advice from others that have tried products and know what they are talking about.

I looked in three local gun stores and couldn't find any (and got some strange looks when I asked) so I just placed an order for the 8 oz. spray bottle. Looking forward to trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by proliance View Post
    I looked in three local gun stores and couldn't find any (and got some strange looks when I asked) so I just placed an order for the 8 oz. spray bottle. Looking forward to trying it out.
    - You're in for a lot of regret... that you didn't buy more. :)

I just went on Gunzilla and ordered some of the Gunzilla !!!!!!! I cannot believe I have never heard of this stuff til I stumbled onto the post today.......

Has anyone used Gunzilla on S&W 642s? The S&W clear coat seems to be pretty finicky about cleaning solvents and I'd like to try something better than Breakfree -- as long as it won't ruin the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jbihn View Post
    Has anyone used Gunzilla on S&W 642s? The S&W clear coat seems to be pretty finicky about cleaning solvents and I'd like to try something better than Breakfree -- as long as it won't ruin the finish.
    I asked Don Kettles the owner of Gunzilla similar questions and posted his response on post #213. Here it is again. Hope that helps. Based on his response my guess is you should be good to go.
    Still if you are unsure You can always send him or TapRackBang AKA Dan an e-mail. Both are pretty decent guys and have promptly answered every question I ever asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    I had a couple of questions about Gunzilla that Don Kettles was kind enough to answer for me. The first was about the shelf life of Gunzilla

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kettles
    On Feb 10, 2010, at 3:52 PM, Don Kettles wrote:
    We guaranteed the military a shelf life of 5 years in the bottle. As we get closer to the five year mark on our original batch we will probably be increasing the shelf life. In regards to how long it will last on the gun depends a lot on how much was originally put on the gun and the conditions where the gun is stored. Specifically we tell our customers to put a light moist coating on the metal areas of the gun for long term storage. Then I would check your guns after a year and see how they are looking. We have customers who have stored guns for two years with superior results. Just to be safe even if the guns look fine, I would clean the guns every two years with Gunzilla
    Based on that I will be stock piling some Gunzilla and rotating my stock.
    The next question came from the M4 Carbine forum that refuses to believe that ARs run cooler and cleaner on Gunzilla where a gentleman had said that Gunzilla removed some custom cameo paint from his gun and the red dot off of his safety. So I asked to see if he was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kettles
    On Feb 14, 2010, at 4:53:06 AM , Don Kettles wrote:

Generally speaking Gunzilla will not harm paints that have been baked on or powder coated. But paints that have been sprayed out of can, dipped, or painted with a brush can be removed by Gunzilla. For example, on my son's car I removed road paint and tar from his car but it left the paint finish fine. We recommend testing Gunzilla first on any special finish. In regards to camo finishes they are all done differently and we recommend testing a non-noticeable area first. Also on painted surfaces we recommend wiping Gunzilla completely dry after cleaning. We also recommend wiping Gunzilla completely dry after cleaning wood surfaces.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Gallon Of Gunzilla

Dan, Got the gallon of Gunzilla. Looks like you sent it out Friday same day I gave you my CC and mailing info. Now that is excellent service especially because I know you special ordered for me. Looks like I could have had it Monday had I gone to the Post Office earlier this week.

Don't want to say to much as I know that Dan is not set up to keep gallons in stock. But for those that have a use for more than usual amounts of Gunzilla maybe folks being deployed. Or are like me and stock pile supplies buying by the gallon is a money saver. I like knowing I have enough to last me the next five years. Dan seems willing to go through the extra effort if your willing to be a little patient. Again thanks for the great service to match a great product

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Your welcome..thank you fo the business.

even if you won't be buying any more for awhile at least pop in and say hi on this thread...I'm interested in knowing how long a gallon lasts.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I just tried some on my LCP and will see how it holds up at the range later this week. I usually keep my carry piece very clean so Gunzilla didn't really show much "gunk" removed from it more then normal.
    After cleaning then drying off I did rack the slide several times to see if I would feel a difference then using Rem oil. The slide did seem to move with more ease. Also Gunzilla feels like it has put a protective shield over the LCP. The gun feels smooth to the touch like after waxing a car.

I do think that this product will be used often. All the great reviews over various forums I have no doubt this product will hold up.

I did have a problem using my card on the website so I called Dan and he was able to take my order. I ordered late Friday afternoon and received it today.

Thanks
    Last edited by Romans623; March 29th, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    Your welcome..thank you fo the business.

even if you won't be buying any more for awhile at least pop in and say hi on this thread...I'm interested in knowing how long a gallon lasts.
    Will do I always up to sharing an opinion or two. I will let you know how much a gallon lasts. Though some of the is sure to be relative and defendant on things like ammo proces

Quote Originally Posted by Romans623 View Post
    Gunzilla didn't really show much "gunk" removed from it.
    I think that is a first, everyone seems to have gotten some crude using Gunzilla from the their clean guns. Maybe I was not as anal about keeping my guns clean as I thought, because I know I got some gunk off with Gunzilla from what I thought were clean guns

Quote Originally Posted by Romans623 View Post
    so I called Dan and he was able to take my order. I ordered late Friday afternoon and received it today.
    I have enjoyed my interactions with both Dan & Don Kettles both seem like good decent people and I always like knowing my business is going to decent folks