Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Thanks for the Review RamRod. I look forward to your next test and review. The pic are great, I might steal them for my website..lol...

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

Thanks for the Review RamRod. I look forward to your next test and review. The pic are great, I might steal them for my website..lol
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

2. Remove Ads

Feel free to do what you'd like with the pics. They are public domain. I look forward to using the Gunzilla on one of my 10/22's next!

I ordered a 16 oz. bottle this afternoon.
    The big selling point for me was that it is non toxic.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I have to thank my DC brethren for posting this. I was a little skeptical, but I must admit, that this stuff works! I think when I clean my weapons, that they are just that... clean!. This stuff made me feel bad about how I dirty they still were!. Now, my wife can't complain about the "smell" of the other products.. Can you believe it?.. She doesn't like the smell of Hoppes 9?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
    --Thomas Jefferson

wpk
    I was at my local gun show yesterday and saw a stack of it on a table, so I picked up a 16 oz. bottle. I haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to good results.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

i got a five ounce bottle last week,it cleaned my pistols great,my sig was clean (i thought) when i used it and i found out it was not really clean until i used the gunzila.
    the big test will come in a couple of weeks on my AK47 after hundreds of rounds of corrosive ammo.
    it is a yugo underfolder and the yugos do not have chrome lined barrels like the other AKs do.

we will see,im betting that it does a great job.
    Last edited by stormbringerr; September 29th, 2008 at 08:06 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by aphophas View Post
    I have to thank my DC brethren for posting this. I was a little skeptical, but I must admit, that this stuff works! I think when I clean my weapons, that they are just that... clean!. This stuff made me feel bad about how I dirty they still were!. Now, my wife can't complain about the "smell" of the other products.. Can you believe it?.. She doesn't like the smell of Hoppes 9?
    that smell LINGERS for HOURS. hate that stuff.

Ordered mine after all the reviews will test it out as soon as it comes in. I shoot a lot of Lead SWC in my .45. Seems like I never can get it completely clean hope this does the trick.

Yeah.. But I love it!.. My wife thinks it smells like sweet crayons!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Administrator

OK let's try not to sidetrack the OPs thread with any additional "Hoppes Smell" comments.

What has already been posted is fine...just no more.

We should all know what Hoppes smells like by now.
    Thanks, qks

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    OK let's try not to sidetrack the OPs thread with any additional "Hoppes Smell" comments.

What has already been posted is fine...just no more.

We should all know what Hoppes smells like by now.
    Thanks, qks

sorry!

it still hasn't been explained to me how a cleaning solvent can also lubricate. its in my (limited) understanding that a solvent will REMOVE dirt, oil, grease etc... will the OP please explain this to me. thank you.

I just purchased some as well. I am looking forward to trying it I hope I am as pleased as everyone else.

it still hasn't been explained to me how a cleaning solvent can also lubricate. its in my (limited) understanding that a solvent will REMOVE dirt, oil, grease etc... will the OP please explain this to me. thank you.
    I would like to know that as well, Thanks
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy. I'm not a chemist, But the way I understanding it, I think calling Gunzilla a solvent is inaccurate. Gunzilla breaks the bond of the carbon molecules. Instead so softing or dissolving it, Gunzilla makes it so that carbon does not bond to the metal.

Gunzilla leaves a thin, slippery coating for lubrication and protection. Even after being wiped dry.

That's one of the first comments that RamRod made after he tried it.

The spray on my fingers dissipated faster than the other chemicals I've used, but remained slick even after the shine and moisture was gone.
    I guess the true anwser to your question is that it's not a solvent and it's chemically very slick even when dry.

Here's a test that was conducted:

Purpose of test: To see if the superior lubrication and reduced friction of Gunzilla reduces the temperature in the action parts of a machine gun.

Location: Toledo, OH. Date: November 29, 2007 Time: 12:00 Noon Outside Air Temperature: 27 degrees F

Weapon used: Colt AR620 (AR15 HBAR) Ammunition: M855 62Gr Ball

Temperature Measuring Device: Extech 42510 Infrared Thermometer (accuracy + or – 2%)

First test with Military CLP

Application: CLP was used to clean and lubricate the action and bore. CLP was left wet on the action parts.

Temperature of action prior to firing: 28 degrees F

Shoot: Fire 10 rounds slow fire and 15 rounds cyclic rate

Temperature of action immediately after completion of shoot: 91 degrees F

Total temperature rise: 63 degrees F

Second test with Gunzilla BC-10

Application: Gunzilla BC-10 was used to clean and lubricate the action and bore. Gunzilla was wiped dry to the touch.

Temperature of action prior to firing: 38 degrees F

Shoot: Fire 10 rounds slow fire and then 15 cyclic rate

Temperature of action immediately after completion of shoot: 48 degrees F

Total temperature rise: 10 degrees F

Lubricant wet or dry on action CLP/Wet , Gunzilla/Dry

Action temperature prior to firing CLP/28 F , Gunzilla/38 F , Difference/10 F

Action temperature after firing CLP/91 F , Gunzilla/48 F , Difference/43 F

Total temperature rise CLP/63 F , Gunzilla/10 F , Difference/53 F

Lower temperatures mean reduce friction, superior lubrication, longer gun life, better reliability and it saves money.

I hope that anwsers your question a little.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Very interesting and very cool, Thanks for the reply.
    Longbow
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

I ordered the big bottle. I love this stuff. Great product and I recommend it to everyone.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast