Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; ""Will do I always up to sharing an opinion or two. I will let you know how much a gallon lasts."" How long it will ...

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

""Will do I always up to sharing an opinion or two. I will let you know how much a gallon lasts.""

How long it will last will be in direct relation to how often he nips it.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    How long it will last will be in direct relation to how often he nips it.
    Jeeze my spelling and grammar are atrocious. No wonder you did not get that I already said that. Or rather tried to but obviously not in a way a normal man would be able to understand

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    I will let you know how long a gallon lasts. Though some of that is sure to be relative and dependant on things like ammo prices
    correction is bold
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

First post.

Just received a 1.9 OZ. spray top for evaluation purposes.

Cleaned a already clean Glock 19 and got a good amount of unseen dirt off the thing!!! Definitely cleans well and leaves a slick coating!

I read most of this thread but not all pages. Has anyone done a longevity test on this stuff in comparison to other CLP products?

I'd like to see how it stacks up to corrosion against Militec-1, Breakfree, Weapons Shield, EEzox, and anyone else's favorite product. I will admit that I've been a Militec user for the last 20 years and love the product. With that said, I'm always open to finding something that works better. I have read a few threads in forums that say that Militec does nothing to prevent rust. I've found just the opposite....so I take what I read with a grain of salt.

I guess I could pull out all of my old CLPs and do my own test and maybe I will, but I'm curious if anyone here has already done this.

I'm not trying to start a flame war between products. I'm just looking to gather some info from current users of multiple products.

On Gunzilla's site, there is a test of GZ and I think CLP on raw metal and after 1 year or more, outside, there is no rust on the GZ side.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

OK we are now on facebook..check us out at GUNZILLA | Facebook

I have the locations of gun shows that I will be attending.

Dan
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    On Gunzilla's site, there is a test of GZ and I think CLP on raw metal and after 1 year or more, outside, there is no rust on the GZ side.
    I went to TopDuck Products' website but could not find any tests. Could you provide a link?

Quote Originally Posted by andygold View Post
    I read most of this thread but not all pages. Has anyone done a longevity test on this stuff in comparison to other CLP products?
    Come on guys read the posts before asking the same questions over and over. For third time I asked Don Kettles the owner developer of Gunzilla and posted his answer on post 213 and again just a few posts back on post 281

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kettles
    On Feb 10, 2010, at 3:52 PM, Don Kettles wrote:
    We guaranteed the military a shelf life of 5 years in the bottle. As we get closer to the five year mark on our original batch we will probably be increasing the shelf life. In regards to how long it will last on the gun depends a lot on how much was originally put on the gun and the conditions where the gun is stored. Specifically we tell our customers to put a light moist coating on the metal areas of the gun for long term storage. Then I would check your guns after a year and see how they are looking. We have customers who have stored guns for two years with superior results. Just to be safe even if the guns look fine, I would clean the guns every two years with Gunzilla
    Bold added by me You should know how that compares to other products you have used. I trust the 5 year shelf life enough that I picked up a gallon to be sure I have plenty on hand

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I bought a 1.9ml bottle of this stuff to try out. So far so good. It made quick work of the 30+ years of muck and grime on my Cobra.

Next up is Hubbies 9mm that hasn't been cleaned in about 400 rounds. It looks awful...

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Come on guys read the posts before asking the same questions over and over. For third time I asked Don Kettles the owner developer of Gunzilla and posted his answer on post 213 and again just a few posts back on post [URL="http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/1551096-post281.html"]281
    As my post said, I did not view the entire thread. I only read the first few pages.

As a potential customer viewing a thread that is geared towards selling a product, I should not need to go to posts 213 or 281 to find the info I require.
    There are some people (myself included) that do not have the time to read through every post in a thread. When i do try to get info on a product (from users, and sellers who are not the actual manufacturer), I go to many forums, not just one, and hope to find concise info in the first post. When viewing multiple forums, finding time to read every post is extremely time consuming, possibly taking half a day to read everything. Spending half a day reading through every post in multiple threads when pertinent info could easily be included in the original post is a waste of valuable time. Also, I'm not saying that my time is more valuable than anyone elses. But when I have a limited time to spend online, I like to find concise information, compiled in an easy to find location.

As new questions are raised and they are answered, a true salesperson will cut, and paste those Qs & As into the first post.

Don't think I'm finding fault with the OP as I'm not. I understand that this is a side business and not his livlihood. I too have a thriving side business I run on the internet. I just find it annoying that I seem to be annoying others, looking for threaded info, when I should hopefully be able to find the info I need in the first post.

Again, I'm not trying to be critical of the OP. I'm just trying to offer up some constructive suggestions in getting his message across in an easier fashion that it currently is. And, as Longrider says, this is not the first or even second time these questions have been asked. Going to posts 213 & 281 should not be necessary to acquire rust protection info on a product that is a CLP!

And on a different note...I just found the Gunzilla.com site after having only gone to the TopDuck site in the past (no Corrosion test posted on the TopDuck site BTW). If TopDuck is the manufacturer, who's running the other site? Are they one and the same company? It does not seem that way to me. Just curious.

The www.gunzilla.us Web site is mine. I am a dealer and most likely do more internet sales than anyone else other than Don, who is the owner and has the Topduck.com website.

I talk to Don weekly and try to keep up on what going on with the product.

I am a Forum sponsor here and have enjoy great support here at Defensive carry.

To try to anwser your question gunzilla is usually tested against the military issued CLP since its the military that Don is most interested in supplying. In fact it was because of soliders returning and complaining of jamming weapons that Gunzilla was developed.

I have not done any scientific tests, and since your question was a general " has anyone ever tested" I deceided to let anyone who had been using the other products before Gunzilla field the question.

I would have posted if that would have reduced the friction of the last posts.

The tests are on my Website test

Sorry about the confusion. Hope that helps.

And you can always call Don, his phone number is on both his website and mine. He's a real down to earth guy and enjoys discussing the properties of Gunzilla.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Next up is Hubbies 9mm that hasn't been cleaned in about 400 rounds. It looks awful...
    If you clean his firearm does he at least do the dishes???

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    If you clean his firearm does he at least do the dishes???
    Ha! No no, he's going to clean his own gun.

(And yes he often does the dishes. I'm a lucky woman. )

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andygold View Post
    As new questions are raised and they are answered, a true salesperson will cut, and paste those Qs & As into the first post.
    This forum does not belong to the OP it belongs to Bumper and Bumper sets the rules. One of those is the time limit for editing a post. You may not have noticed, but the first post was dated September 17, 2008 and post 213 where the answer to your question showed up was posted on February 15, 2010. There were over 500 days between the two. That far exceeds the time limit for editing a post.

Sometimes our expectations come into conflict with reality. Then a PM is a good solution.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

My bad ..its all good

Quote Originally Posted by DZcarry View Post
    Ha! No no, he's going to clean his own gun.

(And yes he often does the dishes. I'm a lucky woman. )
    Dang your husband was about to become my hero and role model. A man with a wife that does the dishes and the guns is one very fortunate man, indeeed.
    While, I'm blessed with a most wonderful wife but I'm the one that tunes the cars and maintains the guns. Sounds like your husband did pretty well for himself as well. We both have strong women for wives who like to shot and it don't get much better than that.