Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. - Page 22

Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I posted on the Gunzilla page and here's my pic submission for what it's worth off my phone....

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

I posted on the Gunzilla page and here's my pic submission for what it's worth off my phone.

After reading all the posts (300 at the time) and doing additional research on the net. I called and placed my order. I had just cleaned my EDC (G-19) the week before and thought I would give it a once over. Gunzilla did pull more out of the gun and I expected that, I've seen that before. Clean it, come back a week later and clean again, still dirty. I had a class that week and wanted to see if it made a difference after the gun had been cleaned. Went thru 270 rounds in class and spent the next couple of hours cleaning. I will say I had no malfunctions during class and the gun came clean very easy. No hard scrubbing to get the burnt powder off the gun. I am impressed, this is a very good product that does what it says it will. On a side note I did have a little surface rust on my rear sight that I had been trying to remove and keep away. A Q-tip with Gunzilla on it was all it took and the rust has not come back.

A friend came by and started to clean his gun at the same time. He later called and said his gun had not looked this good since it was new.

Don was more than helpful on the phone answering the few questions I had. One thing I did not know was how much he sent our troops. If you do order some for your home, buy an extra bottle for the troops. They need it more than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    After reading all the posts (300 at the time) and doing additional research on the net. I called and placed my order. I had just cleaned my EDC (G-19) the week before and thought I would give it a once over. Gunzilla did pull more out of the gun and I expected that, I've seen that before. Clean it, come back a week later and clean again, still dirty. I had a class that week and wanted to see if it made a difference after the gun had been cleaned. Went thru 270 rounds in class and spent the next couple of hours cleaning. I will say I had no malfunctions during class and the gun came clean very easy. No hard scrubbing to get the burnt powder off the gun. I am impressed, this is a very good product that does what it says it will. On a side note I did have a little surface rust on my rear sight that I had been trying to remove and keep away. A Q-tip with Gunzilla on it was all it took and the rust has not come back.

A friend came by and started to clean his gun at the same time. He later called and said his gun had not looked this good since it was new.

Don was more than helpful on the phone answering the few questions I had. One thing I did not know was how much he sent our troops. If you do order some for your home, buy an extra bottle for the troops. They need it more than we do.
    Our troops should have the best without a doubt.
    On the surface rust......I've experienced the same thing on scopes and rings as well as spots on the exterior of rifle barrels. I have a couple of long term projects underway with the rust removal and Gunzilla.
    IMO....if you spend a couple of hours cleaning a Glock, then you're working way too hard. Once the Gunzilla has been introduced and used thoroughly throughout your pistol, subsequent cleanings will take less and less time no matter how many rounds you put through it or how often you'll clean. The protection left on the exterior of my Glocks with Gunzilla is especially important this time of year when things get hot and I sweat on my Glocks. Gunzilla is like a solid barrier against sweat, and all I do is wipe down with a dry cotton t-shirt once my carry is out of the waistband for the day. Gunzilla actually makes Glocks better in my opinion. Fingerprints on the slide? Forget it after Gunzilla. Gunzilla is what everyone into firearms is missing without a doubt. I've had customers bring me rifles for work, and I always include a cleaning before they get it back. I include the patches I've run through the bore with Gunzilla in their case with their rifle, (usually only three total) and they too are impressed. Again.....it's difficult to say enough about the product. It needs to be experienced at the end user to have the most impact and elicit change in whatever you're doing now in the way of cleaning and maintaining your firearms. You'll shoot more when cleaning time doesn't take as long, and using less patches. You'll also be confident in the fact of knowing that your firearm is going to be in the best condition possible when you take it to the range, or on the hunt, or tuck it into your pants or whatever. As far as history goes, I honestly think Gunzilla will leave an ever lasting mark in the history of firearms and their care. I know nothing will ever top it for me. If you care about your firearms like you should without sin, then Gunzilla is what you need. Somehow I figure I'll be posting again in this ongoing saga of what's the best for my firearm. It's going to be excellent for those that only clean whenever they get it out of the closet for deer season or turkey season, or the yearly range session. If you think you would be on the list of occasional shooters/cleaners, then Gunzilla is even more geared toward you than those of us who religiously clean and maintain our firearms........you will see the most benefits out of it in preservation alone. What I say comes without solicitation in any form. It's just what I know, and my experience, and I feel a sense of duty to firearms as a whole because I love them all no matter what. Gunzilla is the only product I'll use on my customer's guns and my own for the best of reasons. It's all I'll offer for sale in my shop. No good reason for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    I'm in the planning stages of a color change for some rifles, and I'm hooked on gunzilla. Can anyone tell me how well duracoat holds up to this amazing product?
    Based on what Don Kettles said in post 213 above My guess is it will be fine still I'd ask Don specifically about Duracoat. His contact info is below a great guy to deal with as is Dan, aka TapRackBang you may want to send him a PM
    Don Kettles
    info@topduckproducts.com
    (517) 321-8416

TopDuck Products, LLC
    PO Box 80466
    Lansing, MI 48908

An aside got my pics yesterday now I just have to pick one out of 300 plus that my bro took for me. Will post a few here and one on facebook. some are a bit risqué but they'd pass the FCC scrutiny
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I know that I've posted on here about this product and how much I like it, and I just speak for myself, no other organization. But I used Gunzilla for my entire deployment on my weapon system (M-16a4), and it worked amazing, in everything from below freezing temperatures, up to over 110 degrees. I didn't have any malfunctions with my weapons. I found myself making the guys in my squad use it, and they didn't have any malfunctions.

I don't hesitate to recommend this product to people, as it has stood up to some of the harshest conditions I can imagine, and excelled.
    LongRider likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I know that I've posted on here about this product and how much I like it, and I just speak for myself, no other organization. But I used Gunzilla for my entire deployment on my weapon system (M-16a4), and it worked amazing, in everything from below freezing temperatures, up to over 110 degrees. I didn't have any malfunctions with my weapons. I found myself making the guys in my squad use it, and they didn't have any malfunctions.

I don't hesitate to recommend this product to people, as it has stood up to some of the harshest conditions I can imagine, and excelled.
    If that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Thanks LongRider.

I did see your (that) post which got me to wondering. I figured I would end up contacting TapRackBang if I didn't hear anything.

Here are my entries for the pic contest as soon as Dan approves them. I waiting for him to pre approve them before posting them on his business site. To some they may be a bit risqué. If you are easily offended don't look
    Attached Images

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Ooooo! Nice. Very creative IMO, but not risque enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Ooooo! Nice. Very creative IMO, but not risque enough.
    Thank you, very much. We had fun doing this lil project. There are more adult photos. But I have to respect Don and Dans wishes, as well as forum rules. IMO they are 100% right in wanting to maintain a conservative image. It is their livelihood after all and in business perception is often everything.

That said in a way these are an interesting lesson about perception. An example of things not being what they appear to be. They really are not very revealing photos at all. Showing less than what you will see in a Sports Illustrated swim suit issue or the cover of half a dozen magazines monthly. Heidi is a fairly conservative demure young lady. But the tattoos and the idea that Heidi is nude that makes the photos risque. Not anything that you actually see.

What type of bottle do people feel is the best applicator; the spray bottle, or the squeeze bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by drmiller View Post
    What type of bottle do people feel is the best applicator; the spray bottle, or the squeeze bottle?
    - Definitely the spray bottle with the tube extension. It's much easier to spray the rails of a firearm directly and apply Gunzilla exactly where you need it. IMO, you should buy a spray bottle and the largest bottle you can and simply keep refilling the spray bottle. I wish I did that for my first order.

The 8oz pump bottles seem to work best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by drmiller View Post
    Get both and a gallon to refill them with.

I just got my first bottle of Gunzilla. I thoroughly cleaned both of my firearms with it and I gotta say, this is the simplest one step cleaner/lubricator I've ever used. Great stuff.
    SA Loaded 1911
    XD45 Service
    XDs45