Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; If it hasn't' been mentioned already Gunzila cuts roofing tar quite well. It doesn't leave your tools all oily like WD40 does. The more I ...

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

If it hasn't' been mentioned already Gunzila cuts roofing tar quite well. It doesn't leave your tools all oily like WD40 does.

The more I use it, the easier cleaning gets. Seems like it keeps the powder residue from sticking.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

2. Remove Ads

I'm not a big fan of resurrecting old threads, but I'm getting ready to order some GunZilla and had a usage question about it. Is it necessary to remove plastic, rubber, and wood grips before using this product or is it safe to use only field stripped?
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I never had any problem with plastic grips on my SIGs or wood grips on my 1911s when using GunZilla to clean them. If in doubt, I would pull of a grip panel first and try the GZ on the inside to see if it affects the material.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of resurrecting old threads, but I'm getting ready to order some GunZilla and had a usage question about it. Is it necessary to remove plastic, rubber, and wood grips before using this product or is it safe to use only field stripped?
    I have used Gunzilla exclusively on all my guns, including all my tupperware or guns with plastic parts XD.45, XD9mm, AR, Shotgun etc. Never a problem with any of them, they all run better smoother cooler with Gunzilla
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

no problemo

I'm not a big fan of resurrecting old threads.....
    Some "old" threads live like Hollywood movie stars. They never seem to actually get "old", they simply need some surgery now and then. Best to remember their starring roles than to watch them doing an Arby's commercial, or pushing adult diapers, or insurance that nobody really needs. Thing about Gunzilla is that it's more of an eternal star that has no need for surgery nor makeup to keep it at the top of the list. I've used the product on all of my guns first, and on customer's guns. Warnings on the label are simply stated to avoid problems. Just like that carpet spot remover that you use, or that leather cleaner. Every product available these days comes with a warning since so many folks tend to not follow directions or use a product for some other purpose other than which it was specifically intended. I'll need you to sign a waiver at this point that you won't hold me personally liable for any of your misdeeds, or your misfortune concerning use of this product. All I'm able to convey to you is my personal experiences, and I must say that Gunzilla meets and exceeds average expectations. I personally believe in this product so much that I have in the past sent or requested others to try it at my expense. Take this thread back to it's beginning, and you'll know for sure. I trust Gunzilla all the way, and I've more than likely used it on more firearms and combinations than you can think of. I used to be a skeptic too.

Does anyone have any standardized test results utilizing Gunzilla. Just because it is more slippery than traditional oils does not mean anything. KY Jelly is more slippery than Gunzilla, but I wouldn't put KY on my gun. It's about film strength and shear strength, anti-wear and resistance to extreme pressure. Only standardized ASTM testing will reveal these qualities. Why won't anybody associated with Gunzilla get these tests done? It will do one of two things: pass with flying colors and bolster sales and appeal to a larger crowd, or fail miserably and fade off into the sunset. I am not calling out the reported qualities of Gunzilla, but some laboratory type test results would sure make a lot more convert to Gunzilla. Just my .02 cents.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBachman View Post
    Does anyone have any standardized test results utilizing Gunzilla. Just because it is more slippery than traditional oils does not mean anything. KY Jelly is more slippery than Gunzilla, but I wouldn't put KY on my gun. It's about film strength and shear strength, anti-wear and resistance to extreme pressure. Only standardized ASTM testing will reveal these qualities. Why won't anybody associated with Gunzilla get these tests done? It will do one of two things: pass with flying colors and bolster sales and appeal to a larger crowd, or fail miserably and fade off into the sunset. I am not calling out the reported qualities of Gunzilla, but some laboratory type test results would sure make a lot more convert to Gunzilla. Just my .02 cents.
    Do you mean something like this test ? If so, hope it helps.

For me product websites can say anything. Develop tests that reveal what they want them to. I place more credibility on the observations of real world customers that use a product. Especially skeptics like myself or doubters like Ram Rod who actually set out to disprove Gunzilla claims. Than despite his stated intent to disprove Gunzilla's claims discovered that if anything Gunzilla understates its effectiveness as a cleaner and lubricant. It's been over three years now that I have used only Gunzilla on all my guns if it had any shortcomings we'd know about it by now. Instead the more I use it the more impressed and pleased I am with it. To me that counts more than any lab test. In the real world in real world conditions, with real world use Gunzilla works better than advertised. I don't think you can expect or even hope for more from a product than that.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Good post LongRider. Nothing wrong with resurrecting old threads. Some never get old actually. As for WD-40.......I've used it alot over the years in my business and on the job. Never have used it on my guns. I really don't have a good use for WD-40 personally...never paid for the stuff.

Where/who is the best source to order this from??

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretius76 View Post
    Where/who is the best source to order this from??
    Ypu can order from the Dan's website at
    Gunzilla website
    email: dan@gsttraining.net
    phone: 928.643.6573
    Dan AKA TapRackBang is a member here so you can contact him through his member page with either an email or PM. Dan is a great guy to work with and will answer any questions you have. Customer service is top tier second to none.
    If you like you can also contact
    TopDuckProcucts the manufacturer
    Top Duck Products, LLC., Creators of Superzilla and Gunzilla
    PO Box 80466
    Lansing, MI 48908
    info@topduckproducts.com
    Don Kettles is also a great guy to deal with. Hope that helps. Be sure to share your impressions and results with us

Wish there was a step or two between the 16oz size and the gallon.

I was wanting to try it out in my ultrasonic cleaner.
    "...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." Luke 22:36 King James Version

Quote Originally Posted by doctordun View Post
    Wish there was a step or two between the 16oz size and the gallon.

I was wanting to try it out in my ultrasonic cleaner.
    Two steps.......buy the gallon and fill your 16oz bottles. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear. But.......share a gallon with somebody?

Was looking the directions for its use on black powder guns and found this.
    Do not clean a browned barrel (Pitna) finish with Gunzilla because this is a natural rust finish and Gunzilla removes rust.
    I wonder if it can damage old style rust bluing also? Would hate to ruin a fine old weapon. I was considering this product as a replacement for ballistol until I read that.

Michael

Shelf life

In addition to the previous post, I am a bit concerned about the "5 year shelf life" of Gunzilla.
    If I were to get the Gallon size, how would I know the age of the product provided.
    It seems entirely possible that I could receive a gallon of Gunzilla that was already 4 1/2 years old.
    What happens at the magical 5 year point? Does this product start to break down, since it is vegetable in origin?

I want to point out that I use Gunzilla exclusively now, since my experience with my Kimber Ultra CDP.
    I was have FTF on about every third magazine. I purchased three major brands of mags with no help. After such a large purchase price, I was getting very frustrated.
    After getting my supply of Gunzilla, I stripped, cleaned and lubed my Kimber with it. I went straight to the range and put about 150 rounds through it, using all my different mags and 3 different manufacture ammo. It worked flawlessly.
    I don't know exactly what Gunzilla did, except perhaps make it run smoother. In any case, I was sold.
    "...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." Luke 22:36 King James Version