Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Best answers to questions should be directed to the folks at Gunzilla. Then....you should always read any warnings and/or instructions. I've seen and heard many ...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

Best answers to questions should be directed to the folks at Gunzilla. Then....you should always read any warnings and/or instructions. I've seen and heard many things on the internet for anything. Dissolves plastic....do not store in direct sunlight....etc. Well....one thing I can say is that it won't explode in your hands. Honest truth. I don't know how I got by for 20+ years without it actually. I bought too many products and spent too much time using them for the same reasons I use Gunzilla now exclusively. Honestly.
    My Glocks almost take care of themselves. But I've put Gunzilla to the tests with the AR15s and Ruger 10/22s which are about the most fouling and lubricant dependent firearms I own....................and it has not only made my life easier on cleaning, but it has raised my confidence with reliability. Look back several years here on the forum and you'll find I was a skeptic at first. Times change.

2. Remove Ads

Anyone have problems with Gunzilla on Sig night sights and Sig polymer pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by ken1279 View Post
    Anyone have problems with Gunzilla on Sig night sights and Sig polymer pistols?
    I have never used a cleaning agent on any of my pistol sights of any kind. Night sights are an investment I'd rather not risk to direct application of solvents. No need in my book. Sights seldom see carbon build up. Common sense goes a long way. Maybe not as far as it used to. I can realize why this has been becoming an increasing problem. Humanity + anything will only be worth half of what it should be in the real world. Comprende?

It's not the cleaning I am worried about but the protection. The video from Sig Sauer shows that when you lubricate the slide, you have to go through the sights as well -> https://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerSer...=300&width=380

Quote Originally Posted by doctordun View Post
    In addition to the previous post, I am a bit concerned about the "5 year shelf life" of Gunzilla.
    If I were to get the Gallon size, how would I know the age of the product provided.
    It seems entirely possible that I could receive a gallon of Gunzilla that was already 4 1/2 years old.
    What happens at the magical 5 year point? Does this product start to break down, since it is vegetable in origin?

I want to point out that I use Gunzilla exclusively now, since my experience with my Kimber Ultra CDP.
    I was have FTF on about every third magazine. I purchased three major brands of mags with no help. After such a large purchase price, I was getting very frustrated.
    After getting my supply of Gunzilla, I stripped, cleaned and lubed my Kimber with it. I went straight to the range and put about 150 rounds through it, using all my different mags and 3 different manufacture ammo. It worked flawlessly.
    I don't know exactly what Gunzilla did, except perhaps make it run smoother. In any case, I was sold.
    Good question. I got a gallon a year ago and did not think to ask how old it was. The 5 years shelf life is not written in stone rather that is the known tested shelf life that it may last longer but has not been confirmed. Perhaps TapRackBang can lend some insight on this question

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kettles
    On Feb 10, 2010, at 3:52 PM, Don Kettles wrote:
    We guaranteed the military a shelf life of 5 years in the bottle. As we get closer to the five year mark on our original batch we will probably be increasing the shelf life. In regards to how long it will last on the gun depends a lot on how much was originally put on the gun and the conditions where the gun is stored. Specifically we tell our customers to put a light moist coating on the metal areas of the gun for long term storage. Then I would check your guns after a year and see how they are looking. We have customers who have stored guns for two years with superior results. Just to be safe even if the guns look fine, I would clean the guns every two years with Gunzilla
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Since I feel unable to convert everyone to Glocks,
    Thats, because they make XD's. XD and Gunzilla go hand in hand.
    Sorry could not help myself. Fact is Gunzilla goes hand in hand with whatever gun you own, because whatever you shoot it will make it shoot cooler, smoother and more reliably

Quote Originally Posted by wormtown View Post
    I can see why it cleans great, but a there's not much lube, so a little grease on heavy friction prone parts might be a good idea.
    Actually there is more than ample evidence that Gunzilla is an excellent lubricant with documented test and comments from those in combat weapons run significantly cooler with Gunzilla as the lubricant. I know my guns "seem" to run cooler smoother since I have started to use Gunzilla (over a year now).

I used to have the same concerns As I recall TapRackBang suggested I not use grease with Gunzilla. As I recall he said that when you clean your gun there is a thin dry layer of Gunzilla left on your gun even if you wipe it down. If you apply grease over that layer of GZ, it will work to break down the grease.

Hopefully TapRackBang will correct me if my recollection is incorrect

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

New Gun Question

Years ago I recall that it was suggested that I not break a new engine in using high performance lubricants as break in rerquires some heat to help the valves seat and parts to mate together properly. As Gunzilla is such an excellent lubricant I am wondering if the same holds true for guns as well and if I should hold off on using Gunzilla until after breaking in my new gun?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425