Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I think i may give it a try. read alot of favorable reviews online, most of them said they use a lubricant after, but still ...

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

I think i may give it a try. read alot of favorable reviews online, most of them said they use a lubricant after, but still had nothing bad to say about gunzilla.

2. Remove Ads

wpk
    I just got my pistol back from the shop and used gunzilla for the first time on it. It was cleaned before I took it to the shop but I still managed to get some dirt out of it with gunzilla. I don't think I've ever heard a Q-tip "squeek" before now. It felt kinda wrong to not lube my gun afterwards, but I'm going to give it a try at the range tomorrow and see how things go w/o oiling the slide/barrel and just using the gunzilla. I'll report back on how it went.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Distinguished Member
    Is it safe to use on alloy frames and rubber grips? I was going to try it out on my 340 and 642.

I am going to try it on my J frame S&W 431, so I will try to post any results, good or bad, on here shortly. So far, from everything I have read or heard, it should be safe for alloy frames and/or rubber grips.
    Last edited by crzy4guns; October 6th, 2008 at 10:37 PM.
    God bless our troops!

I will have to say I was really surprised how fast and easy it was to clean my little S&W snubbie. No damage to the alloy frame or the rubber grips, I am even using it to lubricate my revolver instead of lint and dust attracting gun oil. I would recommend it highly for concealed carry handguns.
    God bless our troops!

I cleaned my Nighthawk Talon with it just to see if there was anything else to come off.
    Patches came out clean.
    Perhaps I'm a bit too anal about my cleaning with Hoppes. I'll try it on a used gun next
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

DC Founder
    I am really impressed with Gunzilla. I had a guy show me a old 1911 that had inherited from his Dad. It seemed to be in pretty darned good shape but looked like it had not been cleaned in many years. I field stripped it and there was a lot of hard carbon deposits on all of the internals. The barrel was like nothing I had ever seen before. Nasty was the only way to describe it. I told him to leave it with me and I would clean it up for him, which he quickly agreed to do.

I grabbed a handful of newspapers and took it out on my patio table and sprayed (soaked) the entire gun with Gunzilla and left it. After a couple of hours I came back, wiped it down. The rag was absolutely black. I sprayed it one more time and left it for about an hour and then started really trying to clean it up. I was surprised by how easy it cleaned up and once done, it looked like a totally different gun.

It worked much better than anything else I have used in the past and I've tried just about everything. This really is good stuff.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Well, with only about 30% of my small test pump spray bottle gone, I decided I'd need more for the future since I've been using it on everything exclusively. Broke down and got the 8oz pump spray bottle last week. Now I know I'm good for a while. Don't know what the rest of my cleaners are going to do but gather dust.

AEA
    I ordered the 16oz ounce bottle to replace all the other stuff I was using. I have not been able to try it yet as I am out of the Country. Should be back home in a couple of weeks and then will give it a go.

Wonder what it would be like in a ultrasonic cleaner? Sounds like it would be great. I may just get me a small ultrasonic cleaner off 'da Bay and give it a try!

Looking forward to hearing, how it works on your rifle RamRod.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

cj
    Pulling this one back up. I'm trying to figure out just how big of a bottle to order. It would be interesting to fill my ultrasonic cleaner, but sounds a little spendy to do so, so I'm wondering if I need 8 or 16 oz...just how far does a little bit go towards cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    so I'm wondering if I need 8 or 16 oz...just how far does a little bit go towards cleaning?
    Well, to put things in perspective for you a bit...I ordered a trial run 1.9oz bottle (since I was skeptical but willing). With that 1.9oz bottle, I've cleaned my P220 at least four times with it. One of my Glocks once, and two of my Glocks three or four times. My Bushmaster twice, my AK47 twice, my 10/22 lightweight target twice. My 870 Express twice. The Rem. 511 a couple of times. My Savage 110FP once, and my brother in law's Rem 700 7mm Mag that he hadn't cleaned in two or three years! He was also quite tickled that I had a Remington 700 firing pin removal tool. I have this for my 22-250. All in all I may have underestimated a bit, and I used it conservatively as I learned the first go-round...just a spritz here and there or on a patch. Gunzilla goes a long way, and on my pistols, I just spray soak the barrel then nylon brush them and wipe them out with patches until clean. The long guns got one or two soaked (one spritz) patches run through them, and of course the 870 got the big swab. But knowing what I knew before I ran completely out, my 8oz pump was ordered and on it's way. I started on that bottle this past week. I like the pump spray bottles real well, and these actually empty the bottle better than any I've used before. The tiny bit left in the first bottle was subsequently dribbled into my new larger bottle. And for those who have ever knocked a jar of Hoppe's #9 off the table onto a concrete floor....these bottles are plastic and forgiving! Nope...no sales pitch from me. Once you try it, the product pretty much sells itself. Do the finger test like I did when you get yours...the sniff test...and then the slick test. You'll also get the free brochure about the product and instructions and it claims to remove rust....now that is a test I'll be giving it soon, because one of my sling buckles has some rust on it. Sling buckle..........none of my firearms have seen rust other than an old closet kept Remington model 511 which I acquired, and I'm turning that around as time allows and still shooting it as it is an excellent piece of work. I wouldn't rely on one persons sole opinion to replace all the stuff I've used for over twenty some odd years. I'd start with the small trial size bottle IMO. Keep the risk minimal and then when you need more, they'll be there ( I hope). I don't know much about marketing, but I figure the price isn't abnormal for what you get. Of course it kind of turned my whole cleaning regimen around, and as much as I shoot, it's also saving me time and disposables (patches) which relates to saving money in the long run. I may not have tried all the magic gun cleaning agents available to man, but Gunzilla is replacing what I have on hand, and at the least this used to mean a four step process for me. Now it's one step does it all. I just hate to think of all that stuff collecting dust!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, to put things in perspective for you a bit...I ordered a trial run 1.9oz bottle (since I was skeptical but willing). With that 1.9oz bottle, I've cleaned my P220 at least four times with it. One of my Glocks once, and two of my Glocks three or four times. My Bushmaster twice, my AK47 twice, my 10/22 lightweight target twice. My 870 Express twice. The Rem. 511 a couple of times. My Savage 110FP once, and my brother in law's Rem 700 7mm Mag that he hadn't cleaned in two or three years! He was also quite tickled that I had a Remington 700 firing pin removal tool. I have this for my 22-250. All in all I may have underestimated a bit, and I used it conservatively as I learned the first go-round...just a spritz here and there or on a patch. Gunzilla goes a long way, and on my pistols, I just spray soak the barrel then nylon brush them and wipe them out with patches until clean. The long guns got one or two soaked (one spritz) patches run through them, and of course the 870 got the big swab. But knowing what I knew before I ran completely out, my 8oz pump was ordered and on it's way. I started on that bottle this past week. I like the pump spray bottles real well, and these actually empty the bottle better than any I've used before. The tiny bit left in the first bottle was subsequently dribbled into my new larger bottle. And for those who have ever knocked a jar of Hoppe's #9 off the table onto a concrete floor....these bottles are plastic and forgiving! Nope...no sales pitch from me. Once you try it, the product pretty much sells itself. Do the finger test like I did when you get yours...the sniff test...and then the slick test. You'll also get the free brochure about the product and instructions and it claims to remove rust....now that is a test I'll be giving it soon, because one of my sling buckles has some rust on it. Sling buckle..........none of my firearms have seen rust other than an old closet kept Remington model 511 which I acquired, and I'm turning that around as time allows and still shooting it as it is an excellent piece of work. I wouldn't rely on one persons sole opinion to replace all the stuff I've used for over twenty some odd years. I'd start with the small trial size bottle IMO. Keep the risk minimal and then when you need more, they'll be there ( I hope). I don't know much about marketing, but I figure the price isn't abnormal for what you get. Of course it kind of turned my whole cleaning regimen around, and as much as I shoot, it's also saving me time and disposables (patches) which relates to saving money in the long run. I may not have tried all the magic gun cleaning agents available to man, but Gunzilla is replacing what I have on hand, and at the least this used to mean a four step process for me. Now it's one step does it all. I just hate to think of all that stuff collecting dust!
    Looks like an EPA superfund cleanup in the future
    mano3 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Looks like an EPA superfund cleanup in the future
    Well, nobody gets in here without a warrant. Plain and simple.

Forward--I'd post pics, but the fiance has hidden the furshlugginer camera again...

I picked up a bottle of Gunzilla at a gun show last year--I've used it a few times, but when I recently cleaned my Anaconda, I was really impressed..

You see, I have to admit, as much as I love that big snake, I tend to shoot it and, well...not clean it (I'd hate to say neglect, but...well, it wouldn't be far off...). It sat in the safe, about 2-300 rounds through it, gunked & dirty as all get out...I mean, powder residue was CAKED in areas.

5 minutes with Gunzilla & Q-tips, and the fouling was GONE.

I've usually used Love Potion #9, and it's never cleared away residue like this without some serious scrubbing.

I'm usually not too terribly impressed with stuff. Gunzilla impressed me, big time. I'm recommending it to all my shooting buddies, and will be picking up a big ol' bottle in the near future.

Cuda tested, Cuda approved...
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast