Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I received an email from Dan yesterday informing me that my order was on backorder because the manufacturer was having a problem getting the 8 ...

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

I received an email from Dan yesterday informing me that my order was on backorder because the manufacturer was having a problem getting the 8 oz. bottles. He said he was getting some of the product from another supplier (additional costs at his expense) to fill my order as quickly as possible. Sounds like pretty good customer service to me and I appreciate the effort to get me the product even though the manufacturer is running behind.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    I received an email from Dan yesterday informing me that my order was on backorder because the manufacturer was having a problem getting the 8 oz. bottles. He said he was getting some of the product from another supplier (additional costs at his expense) to fill my order as quickly as possible. Sounds like pretty good customer service to me and I appreciate the effort to get me the product even though the manufacturer is running behind.

Hoss
    You can blame Ramrod and his sales ability
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I tried out the new bottle of GunZilla this past weekend, and I am impressed with its cleaning ability. I have been using Prolix, which is a, somewhat like GunZilla, a non-petroleum-based cleaner and lubricant combination, and I have liked Prolix a lot.

GunZilla is similar, but like Ram Rod has indicated, a little goes a long way. With the Prolix, I normally hose down the slide and barrel, let 'em sit, scrub 'em out, hose down again, and blow out with a compressed air can. Well, I probably used too much GunZilla on the first spray, never needed the second spray, and the compressed air was pretty cursory, just enough to clean extra spray out of the trigger are and some other itty bits.

Also, crud came off much more readily than I am accustomed too. I don't know if I can say that GunZilla took more crud off the gun, so much as that the same amount of time spent cleaning produced greater results.

Running the action and dry firing afterwards, everything seems well lubed, but I haven't gotten it to the range yet. I still put Slide Glide on the rails, and I don't expect to stop doing that.

The smell will definitely take some, ah, getting used to...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I finally got around to trying some as well (Ram Rod). The one big thing I noticed is the lack of fingerprints when I touch the frame after wiping it down. I am still not convinced of the lube abilities after wiping dry, we shall see.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    You know, Sticks, I did note that I needed to do less wiping with the silicone cloth after I was done, but I didn't pay as much attention to the fingerprints. As soon as I looked at the gun when I got home today, I have to agree on that one. The finish polished off much better than with anything else I have used.

On the other hand, couple days later and the gun still smells like GunZilla.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

jfl
    RAMROD >>> To sum things up, I like this product very much. I didn't feel the need to get into the gun safe and do more, and they should already be clean enough? I'll be putting the Gunzilla through the real hoops in the days ahead with the likes of the 10/22 after 500 rounds (the nastiest thing you'll ever want to see in a dirty firearm), and the AR-15 after one or two hundred rounds. Those will be the real tests for sure, and from now until this bottle is empty, I'll be using the Gunzilla exclusively just to see if I feel the need to use another one of my in stock products.
    RR, even though we never met in person, I consider you as a friend and therefore trust your judgment. Gunzilla was delivered today, and I hope to try it out tomorrow ... better be what you said
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    RR, even though we never met in person, I consider you as a friend and therefore trust your judgment. Gunzilla was delivered today, and I hope to try it out tomorrow ... better be what you said
    Well, just let me say, I'm waiting with anticipation on that note. I do have a small confession to make, and I hope you all won't feel badly about what I've done. As kazzaerexys put it about using his choice for slide rails lube, I have also used my go-to Shooter's Choice 'Zero Friction' for the slide rails on my P220 alone. None of the others (Glocks). Reason why? There is something about the aluminum frame and stainless slide I cannot explain with the P220. Some of the finish or paint or whatever had worn off the frame rails (black), in places, and I wanted to make sure to limit this wear. Maybe it's natural (I'll need input from other P220 two tone SAO owners to verify this), I'm not sure. But with all the rest of my firearms, it's Gunzilla exclusively even for the lube and I trust it for that.
    cvhoss.....sorry for the delay. All I can tell you is to hang in there and check this thread every now and then. If I had an extra bottle, I'd send you some. I shouldn't have thrown that sample size bottle away. But yes...customer satisfaction is as good as one can expect. I couldn't speak for the sponsor, but I figure you'll come out for the better when you finally get yours. And if it makes you feel any better, a lot of us are also waiting on your critique. Especially me.

Senior Moderator
    OK,so if its so great, where can I get some?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    He's a sponsor:
    Gunzilla
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Senior Moderator
    OK, I just ordered some. We'll see how it works out.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    FWIW I like the stuff. I can't say that it cleans better than what I was using before, but the lubrication is great.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Senior Moderator
    It'll have to be good. Ive been using Ed's Red for years. The advantage of that is that it cost about 12 bucks a gallon.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It'll have to be good. Ive been using Ed's Red for years. The advantage of that is that it cost about 12 bucks a gallon.
    I have heard about that actually. Never mixed me up a gallon. But then again...anything that could take the paint off a car might not be good for lubrication. I'm sure it would cleaned well though.

Senior Moderator
    It actually lubricates pretty well, due to the transmission fluid which is a light oil. The paint removal probably comes from the Acetone that is in it. The beauty of it is that it cheap and easy to make.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Just don't smoke anywhere near it (ed's Red)or you'll find out if there is a concealed carry in heaven.

I'm sorry for the shipping delay, I have always had great service from the owner, but it appears that the factory couldn't get 8 oz bottles, which just happens to be the most popular size. I promise we'll get back on track. I strive to get orders out the same or next day.

If anyone does have a concern please email me.

I do appreciate the great support here. (special thanks to RamRod for the first review)
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast