Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. - Page 6

Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; That figures...thats the size I just got. I would have got the 16oz. if it had the spray nozzle on it....

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

Senior Moderator
    That figures...thats the size I just got. I would have got the 16oz. if it had the spray nozzle on it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It actually lubricates pretty well, due to the transmission fluid which is a light oil. The paint removal probably comes from the Acetone that is in it. The beauty of it is that it cheap and easy to make.
    Acetone........I've used that in the gas tank actually to get better mpg. It works if you can meter it correctly. I was carrying around 32oz at one time with a measuring cup in my toolbox. I may put it through my engine, but never knowingly run it through my firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That figures...thats the size I just got. I would have got the 16oz. if it had the spray nozzle on it.
    So go out and buy a bottle of cheap hair spray and order the 16.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I just decided what it smells like...

It smells somewhat like celery. Or maybe celery root. Kind of weird...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Senior Moderator
    It smells somewhat like celery. Or maybe celery root. Kind of weird...
    Maybe it is. Eat a lot of celery and see how it cleans you out...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Well, at first I thought Gunzilla had a hint of pine smell to it. The more I try to put two and two together, this is what I've come up with so far.......I'll almost bet it has tea tree oil in it, and if you do an internet search, it is very effective for cleaning carbon among other things. If any of your wives or girlfriends use tea tree shampoo, just compare the scent to Gunzilla.

I have a S&W model 19-4 with the nickel finish. Is Gunzilla ok to use on Nickel? I hope so because it is a major pain to keep clean!

Nickel is ok, just make sure you wipe it dry after applying. Anything left to puddle on any finish is not good.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Does it really get out copper?

I'm new here and sure glad I found this thread. A couple years ago I was on a quest to find something better than all the different chemicals I was currently using. None worked all that well and most would about run my wife out of the house and some I wouldn't even open indoors. Then I was given a sample of Weapon Shield and was so impressed with it I pitched everything else and have been using it exclusively. The only other thing I needed was Sweet's for heavy copper. Mostly for my 22-250. I've continually seen occasional posts and comments about Gunzilla and my curiosity was getting the better of me. Reading every post in this thread has convinced me I've got to try it. Does it really clean out copper fouling?
    If so I can pitch the Sweet's and the last of the outdoor only chemicals. (It's kinda cold out there right now).

OK, so looking at their website theBC-10 advertises it removes copper but they sell Copperzilla? Is it for really heavy copper?

You should not need the Copperzilla unless you have an unusual amount of buildup. Regular cleaning will take care of that.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

One thing I can tell you about Sweets, and I've used it by the way..........be careful with it in a chrome lined bore. Sweet's is ammonia based as I'm sure you know. You really need to run a few patches of CLP down the bore in order to neutralize the Sweet's even if the bore appears to be dry and your patches come out clean. I have yet to see any issue with copper fouling in my bolt actions. I used to use Butch's bore shine for mine, but it's Gunzilla now. Yes, even in my Remington 700 varmint 22-250. I can't honestly say for Gunzilla's copper solving abilities. If you have some issues in your 22-250, I might suggest a bore lapping compound on your reloads, or a bore lapping compound you can run through with a cleaning rod and jag to limit copper fouling preventive maintenance-wise. Sort of a prep to limit fouling and to facilitate ease of cleaning.

Using Militec may help you also, another great product in my book. It can be used in the bore also and it makes cleaning a lot easier.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

They developed Copperzilla because to remove the copper you had to let gunzilla sit for a while (like overnight) & most are not crazy about letting a product just sit in the barrel for too long.

If you use gunzilla to clean your firearm then copperzilla should remove the stubborn copper fouling faster. It is however alot safer for you and your firearm.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

All this interest, all these people that have now bought some.

Should have done an introductory DC.com group buy @ a discount. Ram Rod, I hope they are giving you a kickback of some sort.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast