Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I hate using the Sweet's but it sure does the job on copper. I've not had to use it since switching to Weapon Shield but ...

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

I hate using the Sweet's but it sure does the job on copper. I've not had to use it since switching to Weapon Shield but haven't had a heavy shooting day with the 22-250 since switching. It was always the worse for copper build up. Thanks for all the info. Guess I'm going to have to give Gunzilla a try.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    .............I'm sorry for the shipping delay, I have always had great service from the owner, but it appears that the factory couldn't get 8 oz bottles, which just happens to be the most popular size. I promise we'll get back on track. I strive to get orders out the same or next day.

If anyone does have a concern please email me.

I do appreciate the great support here. (special thanks to RamRod for the first review)
    Received my order today. Still can't figure out the smell but it does smell better than any other gun cleaner I've used. Will try it out this weekend. Thanks for the great service.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

You all got me convinced to give it a try, just placed my order.

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Received my order today. Still can't figure out the smell but it does smell better than any other gun cleaner I've used. Will try it out this weekend. Thanks for the great service.

Hoss
    Can't figure out the smell either but it is very low odor and not bad at all. It makes cleaning and lubing quite easy IMHO. When I got it I took two handguns to the cleaning bench for a ''trial'' and re-cleaned and lubed. I was shocked to see how much the Hoppes9 left behind. Looks like I have 14 more guns to do.... Thanks a lot Gunzilla I needed one more project.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Well, my PSL got a light (and I do mean light) wiping with GZ after I got done with the cosmo removal. My intent was to fire the rifle virtually dry to wear down the stamp and machining edges/flaws/burs.

200+ rounds and there is very little wear on any of the wear surfaces (rails, bolt, hammer...) unless the bolt and carrier is made of black steel. I have to say that I did not expect that.

I'll post some pics later. I'll need to tear it down again.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    Thanks for the Review RamRod. I look forward to your next test and review. The pic are great, I might steal them for my website..lol
    Can you post your website? I'd like to order some.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by CEW58 View Post
    Can you post your website? I'd like to order some.
    Forum main page, site sponsor.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Forum main page, site sponsor.
    Thanks!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    OK, been using it for about six weeks now and this stuff is fantastic. Both my AR's love it and they are notorious for needing lube. Even after 500 to 600 rounds downrange, they are good to go and my cleaning time has been reduced by half, maybe more. I was concerned about my 1911s especially my big $$$ ones but no problems. My major concern was with the barrel hood and the muzzle as they are the two points that take a real beating but after a good clean, I just go over the high use points with a swab coated with KZ, then let them dry. Well, they run like a swiss watch! I broke my Rock River completely down and talk about dirt, but the GZ cleaned them out and she runs a lot smoother now. I have never been a fan of CLP type products but I am now and it is so nice to not have a headache after cleaning my guns! Keep up the great work!!

Thanks for the positive input.
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I'm feeling a little left behind, Sarge is showing some beautiful grips and they are hard to compete with..But here I go..

Today we are showing the Gunzilla 1.9oz bottle, It has a pump spray top and is constructed of a very dark green plastic bottle.

OK... not as nice as sgt's grips but hey, I made it to the top of the page if only for a minute...
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I finally saw some of this in a gun shop a while back and grabbed a bottle up. Seemed to work good, but with my lack of experience that doesn't mean much.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Would you be willing to do tiny sample bottles for our group: Students for Concealed Carry on Campus?

The national group has 37,000 members :-)

so i had an interesting experience with how well gunzilla works.

i have used it on my pistol and shotgun since i got them, but today i tried it on something new, a CD. i was helping a friend do some remodeling in his house, and when we pulled up some linoleum we found a CD glues to the under side of a sheet. so i decided to keep it. it was completly covered in glue and dirt. i laid out a paper towel on my desk, and hit the CD with 3 or 4 pumps of gunzilla. let it soak for a few mins. and when i wiped it off, all the glue and crud came off no problem. cd plays perfectly (the music on it sucks though)

just thought ide share. i love this stuff for my guns, and even more after seeing what it is capable of.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

cj
    Chalk me up as another 'creative' user of Gunzilla. Sure I've tried it on a couple pistols, but with a new baby in the house, shooting time has diminished. BUT we had squeaky hinges all over the house. So I was tapping them out, getting the graphite the previous person had used all over the rug and wall, cleaning them off, lightly oiling, etc.

Then my eyes hit the Gunzilla bottle. Clean/lube/protect sounded just about right for a hinge...so a squirt onto the hinges, and gunzilla was sucked in through the capillary action into each hinge. Open and close the doors a few times, and sudden silence! It's been fine for well over a month now with no need for a repeated application...and one of the doors is outside, so it's holding up to some pretty cold temperatures as well!

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast