Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

This is a discussion on Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner. within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I just got my first order of Gunzilla and tried it out this evening. It did take out a lot of dirt as compared to ...

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gunzilla, The worlds best gun cleaner.

I just got my first order of Gunzilla and tried it out this evening. It did take out a lot of dirt as compared to the Hoppes solvent I was using. One thing that used to happen with Hoppes was that my Glock used to drip after it was lubricated.

Gunzilla seemed to create a non greasy film around the parts and I didn't have to use an oil absorbing cloth on the outside of the frame.

I am glad I got it.

I ordered some swabs from BearMetal clean for those hard to reach areas. I used qtips today, but they leave some lint which is annoying.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

2. Remove Ads

Where do I buy this???

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    Where do I buy this???
    Gunzilla
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Hey I just wanted to add to this. I just received my glass jar of Gunzilla and I am really impressed. I first cleaned my PT145 and the action is silk now. I was kind of hard to pull back when it was first given to me. I first cleaned it with CLP and that helped, but you could still feel the friction when you pulled it back.

After giving it a really good scrubbing with GZ, I am in awe with how easy it is to work. It got all kinds of gunk out and it is sooo smooth now it is amazing.

I then cleaned my rifles including my wife's Asikara that she inherited from her grandfather. This came straight from Japan and it used to be her Grandfather's hunting gun. I wanted to get it really clean and this has gotten it sparkling!!! The bolts on all of my hunting rifles are easier to work than they have ever been in all the time I have had them.
    I am sold on this stuff. I have tried so many products over the years and this stuff is a miracle.

I'm currently working over a friend's custom made benchrest rifle in 22-250. I'm going to see how well Gunzilla removes surface rust.

This stuff works. All i use. I threw all the other stuff way.

one more "out of the ordinary" use from me.

My roommate was digging through an old toolbox he forgot about in the basement. well there were a bunch of little tools and things in a big plastic bag. well apearently water had gotten in it, and they had a bunch of surface rust. well with a little elbow grease, a wire brush, and my trusty bottle of gunzilla, i got most of the rust off.

i am beginning to turn to this stuff for EVERYTHING.

im going to be taking on the jeep i just bought, and i know ill be using this to help clean and protect. wonder how it would work on a dash board, like armor-all...
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

Dear Gunzilla Creators/Dealers,

I am specifically a WWI and WWII firearms collector. I enjoy shooting my rifles that I collect, however I often get the bores in not the best condition. I used to use products that dissolve, such as Hoppe's No.9 with little effect for my hours of running patches. Gunzilla changed all that. I encountered this outstanding product at the Orangeville Gun and Militaria Show in Orangeville, Ontario, Canada. After buying it and proceeding to use it on my rifles, I was amazed at how quickly the debris (lead/copper fouling, corrosive materials, even RUST) was removed from the barrels, and not in microparticles that had been dissolved, but in full "chunks". After examining the bores, I was astounded at how much of the rifling had been covered in these harmful materials, and that Gunzilla had blasted them away. A truly amazing product, I reccommend it to anyone who is looking for that perfect, "needs only one" cleaner for thier rifles, new or old! To the people at Gunzilla, I and my WWI and WWII Vet rifles say a happy thank you. You've given them a chance to shine once again.

Please feel free to use my name and the testimonial above in your pamphlets!

Yours from Canada,
    Adrian D. Cherniak-Koeck
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Well I've ordered the 8 oz. and I'm willing to give it a try. I've just got the pistol to test it on. Recently, I helped my buddy break down the 9mm HiPoint pistol that I sold him. I've had it for about 10 years and sold it to him last year. He's used the Otis on it very little and we cleaned it with Bore Eliminator last week after probably having 2000 rounds shot through it over the last two months with no cleaning. It seems clean but we'll give it another go around with this stuff.

Oh, I've also got a Mosin Nagant to clean. I've never been able to get one of those to come out with a good white patch. After about 70 patches, I give up.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    Any news on the possible samples - maybe a few per month or school semester?

-Josh
    Free samples?!?! My Dad SWEARS by the Gunzilla and Copperzilla. He keeps saying he's gonna send me a bottle but has yet to do it (I live in NC, he lives in AZ). If free samples are available I want some!

Quote Originally Posted by GlockGal View Post
    Free samples?!?! My Dad SWEARS by the Gunzilla and Copperzilla. He keeps saying he's gonna send me a bottle but has yet to do it (I live in NC, he lives in AZ). If free samples are available I want some!
    Well, nobody in their right mind is going to send you some of theirs. Plain and simple. What's your idea of a trial size of Gunzilla? I recommend the pump spray. The 1.9oz was plenty enough for me to decide without taking much risk, and that actually lasted me a while for research purposes. When it was almost empty, I went for the 8oz. Still using it, but might need another to get me through the next couple years. So here's a deal for you.............become a site supporter tonight, and along with my order, I'll get you that trial size 1.9oz and have it sent to you within the next week. Just PM me your shipping address. I can't do it for everybody, and the main man can't send everybody a sample. So this one's for you and you alone. By midnight and it's done.

It is clearly "Witches Brew". I use it to remove paint too - gentle on the hands.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

It's all I use now!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

VIP Member
    Using it for the first time this morning on my M1 carbine, which I shot last Saturday and hadn't cleaned yet. I started at about 9:30 this morning and am still not finished. I realize the directions say that the first cleaning may be slow, but I haven't owned this gun long and its been shoot twice and this is the third cleaning, counting its initial break down and cleaning before shooting it the first time. When I cleaned it the last time I used break free, which I thought had gotten everything out of the barrel after the firs 50 rounds of Remington fmjs. Last week I tested some corbon dpx .30 carbine and federal jsp 30 carbine(it like the corbon, didn't like the federal one bit, more on that later), along with shooting my S&W M66 and M60. I cleaned the revovlers but didn't have time to do the carbine. Anyway, have been run a dampened patch through, then the brsuh and then dry patches, and repeating several times. Then running a wet patch through and letting it sit for 20 minutes, and repeating the forementioned process, a lot of black coming out of that barrel, amazing. Is this normal the first time to take so long to get it clean?

I have been looking for a true non-toxic biodegradable "no-cancer" CLP. After moving away from the standard H#9, Breakfree, etc, I tried Prolix and was reasonably happy until a high intensity 2 day range session with 800+ rounds through my CZ-P01. The Prolix just didn't cut it to clean all the carbon. I have also had my doubts about the true "nontoxic" nature of Prolix (just smells wrong for a nontoxic substance)
    Next stop was Ballistol. Smells awful, and strongly, and contrary to some reports, persistently! It was also kind of, well, gross. It was thick and gunky especially after the prolix. It didn't seem to clean any better. Time to move on.
    I really wanted to get that gunky Ballistol off, so being of an independent, inquisitive nature, as well as preferring cheap things, I tried to mix up a batch of Ed's Red (despite the cancer) though I was unable to obtain K1 Kerosene "out of season". I did use ATF and mineral spirits, which helped some, enough that I felt comfortable that the pistol was back in working order. Still, I'm not satisfied. I don't want to have to be outside wearing nitrile gloves and thinking I should be wearing a respirator, and I'm lazy, so a CLP (maybe with a touch of extra lube on the rails) is what I'm going for.

I'm placing the Gunzilla order.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast