Inventory and shipping

Inventory and shipping

This is a discussion on Inventory and shipping within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; After the Voting Booth special and the unbelievable rush to stock up ahead of the elction, were working on getting orders out the door. As ...

Thread: Inventory and shipping

Inventory and shipping

After the Voting Booth special and the unbelievable rush to stock up ahead of the elction, were working on getting orders out the door. As a result the web site hasnt been updated, inventory sucks, and we all have cardboard cuts

Re-supply is on the way and should be reflected on the site beginning of next week at the latest.

Rest assured that while other folks are jacking their prices, the prices at TDS will remain until there is no choice but to raise them. Everything is in short supply as all of us did our part in wiping out shelves, but at least here, its all on order and on its way in..........

Just got mine a little while ago! Thanks for the fast shipment and customer support!

Received my Federal 9mm HST ammo about an hour ago. Thanks for giving that "election discount"... it was really appreciated!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

DC Founder
    I got mine today, too.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

There seems to be quite a few items still unavailable, e.g. Hornady shotgun ammo. Any estimate on re-supply?

Thanks

We're paddling as fast as we can
    Manufacturers are playing games (more about that in a bit), distributors are slammed and as a result the shelves are still fairly bare.

Things show up literally by the case rather than by the skid. It may be until after the first of the year until it all gets leveled out but that's wishful thinking maybe.

Federal has decided to follow Winchesters insanity and has thrown a "fit". At a recent show Federal announced that they will no longer ship HST and GD ammunition in 50 round boxes directly to distributors!
    Federal has decided that this ammo must be bought on a department PO and will be shipped directly from Federal!
    This is NOT going to work. Doing this cuts out the distributors, dealers, individual officers who want to order this ammo. It further cuts out the small department who do not need 400K rounds.

While this decision is being STRONGLY disputed by the distributors, there is no steady supply of HST out there as every distributor I have spoken with has frozen shipments for fear of loosing everything Federal sells.

Ive got enough gray hair and dont need any more BS, but they (Winchester, Federal) hold the reigns right now so Ive been on the phone nonstop.

I will post when there is something more definitive on all this. In the mean time I'm ordering in some Remington and been fortunate to see RA9T and RA40T back on the shelves.

If your looking for something specific, let me know and Ill add it to the shopping list.................

Quote Originally Posted by Silica View Post
    There seems to be quite a few items still unavailable, e.g. Hornady shotgun ammo. Any estimate on re-supply?

Thanks

So, if I understand your post correctly, is it fair to say that you won't be getting Federal HST or Winchester Ranger in 230gr .45 ACP in stock anytime soon? I've been checking your page daily, ready to hit "Order".
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Actually thats not correct - we will be getting some of just about everything, the problem is we dont know when.

Ill post when we do - thanks for looking................

Quote Originally Posted by TDSUS View Post
    Actually thats not correct - we will be getting some of just about everything, the problem is we dont know when.

Ill post when we do - thanks for looking................
    Woohoo! I'm glad to be wrong in this case. I'll keep checking back, thanks for the reply!
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.