Request a deal from OpticsPlanet or Tactical-store.com

This is a discussion on Request a deal from OpticsPlanet or Tactical-store.com within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; We are swamped with holiday orders and very much appreciate support of the forum members here, but as we are starting to run out of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request a deal from OpticsPlanet or Tactical-store.com

Sponsor

Talking Request a deal from OpticsPlanet or Tactical-store.com

We are swamped with holiday orders and very much appreciate support of the forum members here, but as we are starting to run out of many popular items, we want to offer a chance to any forum member who wants to have his/her gift to be delivered by Christmas to request a deal on any item offered on OpticsPlanetor Tactical-store.com

The FREE Ground shipping most likely will get to you on time from Chicago if you order now, but it is no longer officially guaranteed by UPS.

We still have a great supply of Leupold, Steiner, Nikon, Burris, Eotech, Trijicon, Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss optics - binoculars, scopes, night vision, red dot scopes, etc. We stock a lot of range finders, Pelican cases, Wiley X, ESS, Bolle ballistic eyewear, a ton of exceptional gun accessories including holsters - Galco, Fobus, Bianchi, Uncle Mike's, Leapers, etc, and of course great tactical gear from BlackHawk, TAG, UnderArmour, and 5.11. We have hundreds of brands in hundreds of categories, so we hope we can help someone here.

We are trying very hard to run on thin margins and offer the best prices along with the best service. If there is something very specific you are looking for, feel free to drop us a PM here and we will try to give you at least some forum discount to make the holidays happier
    DefensiveCarry.com Members: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet.com by using coupon code DCFORUM! Some exclusions apply.

OpticsPlanet
    http://www.opticsplanet.com
    Toll-Free (888) 504-7864

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I was checking out your prices the other day and they are fair and reasonable. Very decent of you to offer up a bit of an extra incentive to our members.

I am planning on ordering from you but, since I already blew an unexpected bundle on the Wife for Christmas (she broke my piggy bank this year)...I'm going to have to wait until after the holiday.

I have ordered a couple of scopes from Opticsplanet and they shipped the item fast and like the reviews on that site from customers as well.
    It is not "might OF", it is "might HAVE". It is not "could OF", it is "could HAVE". Go spread the word.

VIP Member
    I have purchased several scopes through OP over the years (including one just two weeks ago) and have always been happy with their prices and service. It's very cool that they're a sponsor here - give them a look-see when you need anything optics related.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I bought a reflex sight from you guys a year or so ago ... I don't need anything now, but if I did I'd certainly order from y'all again

VIP Member
    Well, even though I have had generally good experiences with OP, I will say that they are not up to speed on international orders. They wouldn't ship me a scope to an APO address, even though I've had other major retailers ship me similar items up to and including Gen 3 night vision optics. For whatever reason, OP is more restrictive than any other company I've dealt with when it comes to international orders (even though APO orders are not, by and large, considered to be international orders), but that shouldn't affect most customers. They have always been quick to respond (even if it wasn't with the answer I was hoping for) and attentive, and reasonably priced. I'll continue to deal with them (and continue to encourage them to broaden their international/APO horizons) because of this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator

From The Optics Planet Web Site

The sale, transfer, transportation or shipment outside of the U.S. of any product prohibited or restricted for export without the proper export licensing or other compliance with U.S. export control laws and regulations is strictly prohibited and may constitute a federal crime.

OpticsPlanet, Inc. will not engage in any transaction that will require the illegal export of any products and will not assist directly or indirectly with the illegal export or re-export of any products.

If the Buyer intends to export or re-export an item after receipt from OpticsPlanet, Inc., it is the Buyer's responsibility to request and obtain all necessary licenses for the use and/or export of the subject items, and to ensure that the requirements of all applicable laws, regulations and administrative policies are met.

With exception of sale to some U.S. Government Agencies, OpticsPlanet, Inc. will not export at all (or sell to anyone who intends to export) the following products:

Generation 2, 3, 4, or 5 Night Vision Equipment and Night Vision Accessories such as: Monoculars, Binoculars, Goggles, Weapon Sights, Cameras, and Multipurpose Systems and Night Vision Accessories.

Thermal Imaging Equipment, Heat Seekers (both Hand-Held and Weapon-Mountable) and Heat Seeker Accessories.

Optical Sighting Equipment and Tactical Lights (both Hand-Held and Weapon-Mountable), Accessories, and Mounting Hardware of any kind, including but not limited to: Riflescopes, Holographic Sights, Reflex Sights, Red Dot Sights, Laser Sights, Bore Sights, Flashlights, Mount Rings, Tritium & Fiber Optic Night Sights, Gun Smith and Reloading Equipment etc.

If an item is intended to be attached to or to be used with a weapon of any kind, we will not export and will not assist directly or indirectly with exporting it!

Tactical Gear and Weapon Accessories including but not limited to: Holsters, Tactical Gloves and Motorcycle Gloves, Shooting Glasses, Entry Tools, Ammunition Pouches, Two Way Radios, Dry Boxes, Cleaning Kits, Hearing Protection, Airsoft Guns etc.
    Knives

Tactical Helmets and Tactical Helmet Accessories

Military Apparel

Electronics including Navigation Devices, Surveying Equipment, and Fishfinders.

Please refer to our APO/FPO Shipping and Export Restrictions for more information on export to APO/FPO addresses.

By proceeding with a transaction to purchase any of the above-listed items, the Buyer certifies that (1) the purchase does not require OpticsPlanet, Inc. to export such items and (2) the Buyer does not intend to export such items after receipt from OpticsPlanet, Inc.

Important Export Restrictions Warning!

Export of some night vision equipment and accessories, thermal imaging equipment and accessories, optical sighting equipment and accessories, and tactical lights and accessories, tactical gear and weapon accessories, knives, tactical helmets, military apparel, and some electronic devices is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, in accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations Part 120-130.

U.S. law prohibits the sale, transfer, or export of items to Embargoed Countries and entities on the Department of State's List of Debarred Parties, the Department of Commerce's Denied Persons List, and the Department of the Treasury's Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List.
    It is the Buyer's responsibility to be aware of the Lists of Embargoed Countries, Debarred Parties, Denied Persons, and Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons.
    These Lists can be found at the U.S. Government websites listed below.
    By proceeding with a transaction to purchase any items from OpticsPlanet, Inc., the Buyer certifies that it will comply with all requirements imposed by all applicable laws, regulations and administrative policies.

For further information regarding the applicable laws, regulations, and policies contact:
    U.S. Department of Commerce
    Bureau of Industry and Security
    Tel.: (202) 482-4811

U.S. Department of State
    Bureau of Political-Military Affairs
    Directorate of Defense Trade Control
    Tel.: (202) 663-2980

U.S. Department of the Treasury
    Office of Foreign Assets Controls
    Tel.: (202) 622-2480

The export control laws and regulations are complex; therefore any summary of such laws and regulations provided by OpticsPlanet, Inc. herein is not comprehensive and is not to be taken as legal advice or counseling.

Sponsor
    Guys, thanks for your feedback!

As far as your comments about international orders, as we said in our policy, the export control laws and regulations in the USA are EXTREMLY complex. Especially everything related to sale of weapon parts and accessories. As much as we would love to take money from the customers outside of United States, we will NEVER go against any laws, and we have a highly trained special dedicated team that checks every single international order and every weapon accessory-related order to make sure that the laws are not broken by us in any way. I don't want to go in details how complicated the process is, and how often it is difficult to determine the specifics, but please trust us, we are doing everything within the law to make our customers happy and constantly improving the process with a lot of positive changes planned for next year.
    DefensiveCarry.com Members: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet.com by using coupon code DCFORUM! Some exclusions apply.

OpticsPlanet
    http://www.opticsplanet.com
    Toll-Free (888) 504-7864

VIP Member
    The thing is, I work for the Department of State...we order things for personal use all the time, things that are normally controlled/restricted. They just come in boxes labelled "for official use, customs exempt" (or words to that effect) and we go about our merry way.

I certainly don't want OpticsPlanet to get in trouble, and I understand their reluctance to tangle with the complex (and often silly) rules regarding the export of firearms accessories, but if so many other companies can do it...?

pd4
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I certainly don't want OpticsPlanet to get in trouble, and I understand their reluctance to tangle with the complex (and often silly) rules regarding the export of firearms accessories, but if so many other companies can do it...?
    most companies don't do it right and pay for it.
    check these links - they explain a lot
    Cabela’s Friday, November 7th, 2008
    U. S. Bureau of Industry and Security PR
    just look at this list here with almost weekly news
    U. S. Bureau of Industry and Security - News Archives

pd4

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The thing is, I work for the Department of State...we order things for personal use all the time, things that are normally controlled/restricted. They just come in boxes labelled "for official use, customs exempt" (or words to that effect) and we go about our merry way.
    how do they / can verify that the items that are export controlled are REALLY for official use when you buy them? What companies do you use for such export?

VIP Member
    Well, I'm certainly not going to dime them out!

It's ridiculous (and well beyond the scope of this thread) that all these items are restricted from APOs. Anyone who has an APO address is a government employee or family member who is overseas on official government business - you'd think that these folks could be send these "restricted" items wherever they are in the world, especially considering that there is no restriction on who can receive them in the states (i.e. illegal aliens, felons, etc).

Dumb, dumb rules that fail the common sense test miserably.

Administrator
    My Wife works for a research chemical co & she handles international hazardous materials shipments.

All I can say is that the export regulations these days are absolutely unreal.
    There are literally encyclopedia thickness multitudes of volumes of export shipping regulations.
    It's all unbelievably surreal and complicated.

To give you a truthful example...the fine is $1,500 if you just put a comma in the wrong place on an export document.

Many domestic companies just refuse to ship internationally at all.

Not only are there embargoed countries but there are embargoed businesses and universities and even an embargoed individuals list that need to be checked before preparing export documents.

On the plus side - my Wife is so qualified at he job that she never has to worry about getting laid off or fired.

DC Founder
    Personally, I don't blame them at all for not shipping items that even could be considered forbidden by the government. If you really need something I would suggest that you get a family member to buy it for you and ship it.

Anyway, all that is beyond the scope of this thread, which is not a discussion thread regarding the sponsor's corporate policy, which is what it is for a good reason....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Agreed, this is serious thread drift, but...

While we all agree that some things should be restricted from export to foreign nationals or foreign governments, APO adress users are Americans overseas on official government business - in other words, folks who would be perfectly legal recipients of the goods in question had their government not sent them overseas. So, why are they PUNISHED by the same govt that has asked them to serve their country abroad? It's ridiculous, and it's a slap in the face to those of us who need this equipment to do the jobs that the very govenment that denies us the equipment has asked us to do...

Silly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast