New sponsor - Sarge's Grips

This is a discussion on New sponsor - Sarge's Grips within the Sponsor Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I have weapons for the govs adn bobs. I do not have an EMP, but worked with an EMP owner, giving him a new set ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New sponsor - Sarge's Grips

I have weapons for the govs adn bobs. I do not have an EMP, but worked with an EMP owner, giving him a new set of grips in exchange for mailing back and forth with me to get a solid template made that fits teh EMP frame better than stock. It took a few tries, but we succeeded, and I can use that template to replicate new grips.
    Other grips that I want to do, I have already purchased weapons to use - Hi-Power, and the HK P7. I also plan on picking up a seecamp and a PPK. I'll get others as interest in them rears its head.
    Sarge
    Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Grips for a Hi-Power AND a P7?!? Let me know when you are ready to start on those! I know a whole bunch of P7 owners would love another source for grips.

Autofan,
    As time allows I'm getting the new machinery set up. I actually got it set up in the shop and got the software registered. Now I just have to find time to play with it and figure out the best way to get it to do what I want it to do. Believe me, I want to get those grips out as soon as I can, but I also want them to be right and worth having. Thanks for keeping my motivated.

Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Any updates on the P7 or BHP grips?

I was going to PM you, but thought there might be others interested as well, so here goes.....
    BHP grips - I've actually made up a couple of "test sets" and sent them out to people who have had BHP's in their collections for years, and have many variations. They are giving me invaluable input on how to improve the grips to make them ideal. Another round of sets will go out with the improvments made and further input given. Once we get them as perfect as possible, I will add them to the line.
    P7 grips - I've purchased a P7 to use for fitting the grips to, and have also purchased a CNC machine to help with the backs of the panels where those evil engineers made all those recesses that vary by 1/1000" each. This would allow me to duplicate the backs and still do the rest of the process by hand (what I really enjoy).
    Here's the main "problem" with both of these grips - the 1911 grips have REALLY taken off and are keeping me running non stop. Despite knocking my day job down to 4 days a week, I STILL don't have time to branch out like I would like to. In fact that fancy and expensive machine I bought, has never even been turned on. It's still sitting on the workbench in the original sealed plastic.
    I will get these two lines moving as time allows. I am seriously considering making the grip thing a full time venture which will give me much more time for this type of thing.
    Hope this answers the questions.
    Thanks!
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge43 View Post
    At the present time I am confined to 1911 and variants, but in the next two months I plan on branching out into just about anything and everything else from single action revolvers to P7 squeezecockers and everything in between.
    When Sarge, when?!?!

It's driving me crazy looking at your works of art, then looking at the ugly plastic on my P7.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

veery good looking. keep up the work... if i had guns that needed good grips i would be pm'ing ya.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

GB - I apologize brother! When I wrote that, I have every intention of making that happen. Then the 1911 grips started really taking off and time evaporated. I didn't buy a P7 to NOT make grips for it. I don't dare give a time frame, but I hope it's soon.
    I DO have a couple questions that you may be able to answer and help it happen a little quicker though. If you can help, please PM me.
    Thanks,
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

Anything in the J-frame department coming?

I'm sorry Kenny, that's not even on my radar at the present.
    I used to live in Hermitage when I was in high school! Went to Bolivar all the time to take advantage of all the "big city" stuff that was there, like a gas station open past 5 in the afternoon.
    Ah, memories.......
    Sarge
    www.thefinergrain.com

That is great!

My dad (who I work for) has a store there...lol!

"Big city" thats a good one!

That is sad news about the grips though... I would love to put some nice wood grips on mine and yours look great!

Nice to meet a local!
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge43 View Post
    I'm sorry Kenny, that's not even on my radar at the present.
    I used to live in Hermitage when I was in high school! Went to Bolivar all the time to take advantage of all the "big city" stuff that was there, like a gas station open past 5 in the afternoon.
    Ah, memories.......
    Sarge
    I lived in Collins for about 12 years. Well about 5 miles west off Hwy 54.

Living a little closer to KC now, though. Small world!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That is hillarious!

Collins is just up hwy 13!
    Very small world
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12