What Can YOU Do With A Rifle? : Kingman Advanced Rifle Gunfighting class

This is a discussion on What Can YOU Do With A Rifle? : Kingman Advanced Rifle Gunfighting class within the Suarez International forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; What can you do with a rifle? If you look at the youtube videos and read the gunrags, you would think all that is possible, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Can YOU Do With A Rifle? : Kingman Advanced Rifle Gunfighting class

What can you do with a rifle? If you look at the youtube videos and read the gunrags, you would think all that is possible, and the epitome of the study was standing on a range, with your butt sticking out, firing little groups on a piece of paper while some arrogant has-been yells at you and kicks you (just to make it reality-based).

Or worse, you spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to emulate a Spec-Ops team. After all...if those guys don't know how to fight with rifles, who does? But consider this - Any Spec-Ops, or police team is extremely proactive. When they select a "target", a house to hit for example, they will watch it for months and will develop an entire work up on the site, number of adversaries, etc. When they hit a target they are fully equipped with every little piece of gear they could possibly need. They are dropped off and picked up by heavily armed support. And when all is done, they either own the place, or are extracted by a heavily armed force.

Do their operations always go as planned? No, but most of the time they do, and they pride themselves on just that. These successes reinforce their tactics and on and on. In this world, the good guys will never be surprised, forced into a reactive mode, or ever operate alone.

Now does this describe you?

No?

Then why do you want to train like that. Who cares what anyone else does if your operational constraints require that you fight more like an insurgent or a partisan? Read history and tell me how private citizen/civilians have used rifles.

Listen carefully - Your situation dictates your strategy, and that determines your tactics.

So if your situation is that of a lone operator, or a member of a small band of guerrillas, or NPE-G (non-permissive environment guerrilla), stop trying to emulate things you will never be able to do and come and train like a guerrilla - with us.

In the Kingman Advanced Rifle Gunfighting class you will do exactly that. We will begin with a very fast paced range session that will have all of you hitting out to 300 yards with your assault rifles. We have a huge area to work with and we will use it all for close and distant shooting, coupled with dynamic displacement methods and 360 degree coverage techniques that will make you a master of anything you can see out to the limit of your cartridge.

As well, we will do "mounting" and "dismounting" the vehicles under arms, shooting from, and around the vehicles, conducting vehicle assaults and working with the weapons in a vehicle borne environment. Ever train drive by shooting with your AK or M4? How about command fire ambushes, Australian Peels, and sniper initiated assaults?

All of that and more will be worked on in this ultimate combat rifle class. When you leave, you will have a filthy rifle, lots of bruises and scrapes, and a solid understanding of how to fight with a rifle that will rival that of many professional instructors.

Will you join us?

http://www.suarezinternationalstore....kingmanaz.aspx

VIP Member
    Sounds fun...and dangerous.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I think that anyone who can't accurately hit a man sized target out to 300m minimum (I'd say 500m for an AR or .308 battle rifle) with their rifle, doesn't know what they are doing with it. From a variety of positions, the standards (standing, kneeling, sitting prone), to field expedient positions. Being able to shoot and move is pretty important too.

Sounds like an interesting class.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Just as an aside...I was teaching a class at David Fortier's place in Kansas. We took everyone in the AK class out to 300 and some guys with good quality AKs shot out to 500 yds. Targets were steel IPSC sized targets. Then the next day, Vorobiev taught a sniper class. One guy had his rifle go down so he grabbed up his spare. It was an RPK with a scope. He dinged steel at 800 yards.

Administrator
    Good post. Suarez ~ always cutting edge.

Administrator
    Sounds like fun to me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Hey...are most the members here from a certain area? I was thinking we could set up a Suarez/DefensiveCarry Rifle session?
    Waddayathink???

VIP Member
    The man cave is in Ohio.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    Hey...are most the members here from a certain area? I was thinking we could set up a Suarez/DefensiveCarry Rifle session?
    Waddayathink???
    I am stuck on a rock in the ocean until this summer, but if something like that came up when I was back in the Buckeye state I would certainly consider it, depending on time and what was being taught. The linked course says that an SI Intermediate rifle course is a pre-req though. But I am open to training options.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

I dunno bro. Its 20 freaking degrees here in north AZ. A rock in the ocean sounds interesting to me right now. Its not in the north sea is it??

No, its the central pacific, all my family/friends in Ohio are rather envious right now.

And now back to talking about rifles. As you mentioned, the Soviet-bloc type arms are capable of better accuracy than a lot of people think. The RPK has a better sight radius, and heavier barrel than the standard AK, which probably helps a fair bit. The SVD and variants is certainly capable of 800m shots. Funny thing about afghans/insurgents, they don't seem to read instruction manuals with maximum ranges, or care about them. Of course, in my first ever serious rifle training, part of it was hitting man sized targets at 500m with iron sights, which most people don't even seem to want to attempt. But when you start getting rounds on that far out, it helps boost your confidence a lot.

Most people would be amazed what the guys in the Afghan National Army can do with an RPG, which supposedly is good to about 350m. They just kind of eyeball and arch with them, and can get them on target out to about 600m.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Amazing what a motivated insurgent caveman is capable of no?

Amazing what a motivated insurgent caveman is capable of no?
    People have no idea the sophistication of some IEDs. The Iraqi's were better at building complex ones.

But the Afghan in my experience was the better fighter, they are born for it, it is as natural for them as breathing.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Sounds like a great class. Where did you host the one in Kansas? If you do another in Western Kansas or Colorado, Panhandle of Oklahoma, or North Texas let me know I'd be interested.

Waddayathink???
    That would be great!

I'm in Colorado, about a 13 hour drive.

Your March class looks good, unfortunately March is already booked for me. Are you planning on having another class in the June/July time frame?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast