Roger Phillips 2013 Schedule

This is a discussion on Roger Phillips 2013 Schedule within the Suarez International forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; January 19-20, 2013 - Advanced Point Shooting Progressions - Las Vegas, NV **The weekend after The Shot Show** February 16-17, 2013 - Close Range Gunfighting ...

Thread: Roger Phillips 2013 Schedule

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar

Roger Phillips 2013 Schedule

January 19-20, 2013 - Advanced Point Shooting Progressions - Las Vegas, NV **The weekend after The Shot Show**

February 16-17, 2013 - Close Range Gunfighting - Las Vegas, NV
    **New on schedule! Excellent way to make sure you are ready for TMCO in March**

March 16-17, 2013 - Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator - Las Vegas, NV **With Dr. Keith Seto and Roger Phillips**

April 6-7, 2013 - Point Shooting Progressions - San Antonio, TX
    **First time in San Antonio**

**Coming Soon** Point Shooting Progressions - Cedar Rapids IA - April 18-19, 2013

**Coming Soon** Advanced Point Shooting Progressions - Cedar Rapids IA - April 20-21, 2013

COMBO CLASS - April 25-28, 2013 - Rifle Gunfighter Week!! - Phoenix, AZ
    **RGF with Doug little on April 25-26, LGPSP with Roger Phillips April 27-28**

April 27-28, 2013 - Long Gun Point Shooting Progressions - Phoenix, AZ

May 4-5, 2013 Submachine Gun Gunfighting - Las Vegas, NV
    **First time offered in Vegas**

May 18-19, 2013 - Close Range Gunfighting - Reno, NV

June 1-2, 2013 - Long Gun Point Shooting Progressions - Las Vegas, NV

June 8-9, 2013 - Point Shooting Progressions - Saugus, CA

**Coming Soon** HRO/CQB; Fighting In Structures - Fort Collins CO. June 27-28, 2013

** Coming Soon** Point Shooting Progressions - Fort Collins CO. June 29-30, 2013

August 31 - Sep 1, 2013 - Advanced Trauma Medicine - Las Vegas, NV **With Dr. John Meade and Roger Phillips**

September 2, 2013 - Dynamics of Point Shooting - Las Vegas, NV **Make this a three day event with Roger teaching his specialty**

October 26-27, 2013 - Advanced Point Shooting Progressions - Phoenix, AZ

2. Remove Ads

Upcoming Training Courses, Round Counts, and the Learning Progression

I like shooting a lot when I train and this has always been the case. Training is my sport, it is my hobby, it is my entertainment, and most importantly it is my mission and obligation to my loved ones and those under my care.

But there is a certain reality to how much we shoot inside of a course and that reality is that we shoot a lot because we like to shoot, not so much because we have to shoot that much to learn what is being taught. For many people things may have tightened up a bit on the amount of shooting they are willing or able to do. This may not be true for all but it is true for the majority out there. This is something that all of us Suarez International (SI) Instructors are completely aware of.

Inside of most training courses across this country, the value of the course is all about how much shooting you get to do. This is often due to the dogmatic approach of most places where all that is taught is the same fundamentals that you can get from a hundred different places. You take a course hoping to pick up "one pearl of wisdom that makes the entire course worth while." I know this is true because I have been there! It is hard to believe that such a low standard is accepted while spending our hard earned dollars. The SI philosophy is entirely different. The value of an SI course is not in the amount of shooting that you do, the value is in the information that is passed on. We question the status quo, we make our students think, we challenge them to find flaws in the way that we think, we apply "context" to all things tactical, and we give as much value intellectually and physically as we possibly can. The shooting does nothing more than substantiate what the student has actually just been taught and give the student what they want to do inside of a shooting course.

When life is good and ammo is plentiful we shoot a lot because we can and because we want to. Yet, on the firing line, with live fire, is where we are actually learning the least.

As you look at your planned training I want to make sure that one thing is perfectly clear and that is;

"I pledge to give you the very best training value as I can, all while being considerate and accommodating to your ammo supply reality."

This means exactly how it sounds. If you have hundreds of thousands of rounds and want to shoot a lot, we can do that. If you are looking to conserve a little, we can do that. If you are looking to conserve a lot, we can do that.

Dry practice, Blue Gun work, .22 conversions, Airsoft guns, dedicated .22's, Sirt Trainers, partial courses with full power loads, etc, etc are all welcome. Just because ammo is harder to come by does not mean that we can't train and can't continue with our learning progression.

Remember where the true value of an SI course lies.......it is the information. We will teach you things that others refuse to or are unable to. We will train your mind and body to fight! Seeing the holes in the targets is only substantiation of what you were already taught.

We may have found SI because we like to shoot, but we remain training with SI because we like to know how to win a fight.

Here is something to consider;

I huge portion of my PSP curriculum came to be through the use of me training with my airsoft guns. A huge portion of my LGPSP curriculum came to be through the use of me training with a Ruger 10/22. I ran thousands and thousands of pellet/rounds with those tools perfecting what I wanted to teach, then I just took the learning progression to my handguns, AR, and AK.

If I can create courses like those, while training like that, you sure as heck can learn the curriculum's the same way.

The PSP family of courses are designed to make you a better shot inside of the very core of the gunfight. Since this is the way that the courses are design, inherently we tend to do more shooting, because it is all about improving your hits in the very toughest of situations. This fact has led to a known reputation of "bring more ammo than the suggested round count to Rogers courses."

This reputation is true when ammo is plentiful, but is not necessary so when ammo is not plentiful. I let people shoot as much as they want, because my courses were "designed by a student for the student" and as the student I love to shoot. Just like many of you I will have to monitor my ammo usage. I will be doing more dry practice, I will be using my Blue Guns, Airsofts, Laser Trainers, and .22s more and more.

No tragedy is going to keep me from training!

Everyone makes such a big deal about possible bans on guns and the concern for available hardware and ammo. As a person that is relatively set in those areas, my concern is more toward the future of being able to teach what we teach and train as I want to train. Up to December 13th we were one tragedy away from where we are right now in regards to hardware. That means that we are one tragedy away from an attack on our software. Do not make the mistake of short sightedness by neglecting your software due to the panic buying of your hardware. Sometimes we have to make compromises to insure being well rounded. Sometimes we have to accept our hardware reality and learn the software that mitigates the limitations of our hardware reality.

Guys, keep your eye on the ball! This is not just about acquiring hardware, this is and always has been about being as deadly as you can possibly be, inside of your reality, for the protection of loved ones and self.

APSP is just one week out!

January 19-20, 2013 - Advanced Point Shooting Progressions - Las Vegas, NV **The weekend after The Shot Show**

**Excellent way to make sure you are ready for TMCO in March**

March 16-17, 2013 - Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator - Las Vegas, NV **With Dr. Keith Seto and Roger Phillips**

**First time in San Antonio, this course is nearly sold out**

**Coming Soon** Point Shooting Progressions - Cedar Rapids IA - April 18-19, 2013

**Coming Soon** Advanced Point Shooting Progressions - Cedar Rapids IA - April 20-21, 2013

COMBO CLASS - June 6-9, 2013 - Gunfighter Week!! - Saugus, CA
    **CRG with Dave Sauer June 6-7 and PSP with Roger Phillips June 8-9**

**Coming Soon** HRO/CQB; Fighting In Structures - Fort Collins CO. June 27-28, 2013

** Coming Soon** Point Shooting Progressions - Fort Collins CO. June 29-30, 2013

August 31 - Sep 1, 2013 - Advanced Trauma Medicine - Las Vegas, NV **With Dr. John Meade and Roger Phillips**

September 2, 2013 - Dynamics of Point Shooting - Las Vegas, NV **Make this a three day event with Roger teaching his specialty**

COMBO CLASS - October 24-27, 2013 - Advanced Gunfighter Week!! - Phoenix, AZ **ACRG with Doug Little October 24-25 and APSP with Roger Phillips October 26-27**

Ft. Collins Colorado new on schedule

**Excellent way to make sure you are ready for TMCO in March**

June 27-28, 2013 - HRO - CQB: Fighting in Structures - Denver, CO

June 29-30, 2013 - Point Shooting Progressions - Ft Collins, CO

VALUE CLASS - June 27-30, 2013 - Point Shooting and CQB - Denver, CO

COMBO CLASS - October 24-27, 2013 - Advanced Gunfighter Week!! - Phoenix, AZ **ACRG with Doug Little October 24-25 and APSP with Roger Phillips October 26-27**

May 4-5, 2013 - Fighting Rifle Skills - Las Vegas, NV New on the schedule