Defensive Carry banner

Finished Gun/Mag Holsters

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Phantoms 
#1 ·
Well I finished my gun/mag holsters tonight. Be easy on me :smile:. They are for my Kahr CW40, both IWB, gun carried at my six and mag at my eight. I know alot of people like rough out, but I like smooth out. Ok let me have it...im good with it...always room to learn....

See less See more
#2 ·
When I mold the holsters I make I soak the leather and then insert the gun,then I take a smooth rounded tool and work the leather til it shows the slide and frame contours,I also work the leather inside the trigger guard so it will help retain the gun,then I let the holster dry,as it starts drying out I sometimes go over it to define the contours better,once it's dry it retains the shape.After removing the gun I make sure I clean and reoil it to prevent rusting

#10 ·
After removing the gun I make sure I clean and reoil it to prevent rusting
Wrap the gun in a plastic bag beforehand. Better yet, vacuum it down in a vacuum bag. It provides just the little extra clearance to keep the holster from being too tight, and it alleviates any worries about affecting the finish of your gun. It will also hold you sight dowel in place too.

#5 ·
Looks very nice...I wouldn't attempt such a project...well done!:hand10:

#6 ·
You're off to a great start.
My only suggestion is to learn to hand saddle stitch with two stitching needles rather than using a stitching awl type stitcher.
Once you get the hang of it it's nearly as fast and you end up with absolutely beautiful (AKA magnificent looking) stitching that is just as good or superior to machine stitching.

This is what it looks like:

#7 ·
I did hand stitch them with two needles after using a leather chizel. Maybe its hard to see because I used darker colored thread.

#9 ·
I think you did a great job. It adds a nice touch when you make your own. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, so I got Rocky making mine. Wish you the best with it.:hand10:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.