Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

new california member...just applied!

1K views 24 replies 25 participants last post by  Team American 
#1 ·
Hi everyone...im new to this forum.

Im from Orange County, California. I just submited my application to the sheriffs office 5 days ago and counting. I used the avid shooter good cause. Wish me luck on getting approved for further processing...the lady said it should take about a week and a half to get a letter from them. I'm 23 so im pretty young...anyone know of anyone that young from california getting a ccw?

#3 ·
Welcome! :beerchug:

I was raised in Orange County back in the 60's and 70's. Graduated from Orange High School in 1974. I'm in VA now. I could never afford to live in CA again.

Again, welcome. It's good to have you on the board.

#19 ·
Welcome from another Californian!!! Hope all goes well with your permit. I have had mine since February. Good thing you were able to go to the Sheriff for it instead of the Chief of Police. Anyways I'll be waiting for that post that says you got it!

#20 ·
jeffd21 said:
Hi everyone...im new to this forum.

Im from Orange County, California. I just submited my application to the sheriffs office 5 days ago and counting. I used the avid shooter good cause. Wish me luck on getting approved for further processing...the lady said it should take about a week and a half to get a letter from them.
Hi Jeff! :urla9ub: Welcome from a fellow Orange Countian. I applied on March 31st and it was 34 days until my approval letter came. Hopefully yours will come more quickly. Got fingerprinted on May 9th, took the mandatory 16 hour training course over Memorial weekend. I'm still waiting for written clearance on the prints. Been 7 weeks today since printing. I'm considerably older than you, so I can't answer your age question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.