Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleveland Zoo

8K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  buckeye .45 
#1 ·
Anyone know if it's posted. I'm going there on Saturday and if I can't take my gun in I'll leave it at home.

#6 ·
Like others have said, just call ahead or check Ohio's silly laws. A couple of months ago, the wife and I attended a wedding in Cleveland. The reception and the wedding were held at a hotel in Cleveland. I was un-aware that the hotel was affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic. I didn't see the notice stateing the carrying of a firearm was unauthorized UNTIL we were picking up our car from valet. Oh well... Being from MI, I was very careful while in OH. Ya know how much we get along...;)

#9 ·
The Cleveland Zoo is owned and operated by the Cleveland MetroParks, a political subdivision of the state. Therefore, like any publically owned park in Ohio, the outside areas are legal but the buildings will be off-limits (excluding shelters and stand-alone restrooms).

Since Ohio has preemption, at least for the moment, anything the City of Cleveland or the Cleveland Metroparks have to say about the matter is meaningless.

#10 ·
That's what I was thinking and i didn't want to sway anyone with my opinion. I went today and left my gun at home. I'm glad I did because most of the buildings had gunbuster signs.

#19 ·
I'll hope no one get my #17 post wrong. I may be used to wrong words.
I would allways obey the law, never carry a weapon where weapons are not allowed. Get yourself a Gun safe and look the gun inside the trunk deep down where the spare tire used to be. And don't but a NRA sign or something similar on you vehicle. A defence lawyer could argue you tried to tempt that little innocent child to burglarize your car.

#20 ·
Anyone ever go sleepin' with the Maggies from a Zombie thread? :dunno: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.