Defensive Carry banner

Your most important SD "tool" other than gun.

3K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  KeepingPiece 
#1 ·
I was intersted in hearing what many people consider their most important self defense "tool" other than your carry gun. I work late nights in private security so my most important tool is a powerful flashlight. At work its a Streamlight Stinger LED. Not at work its a SureFire G2 LED. What about the rest of you?

#5 ·
It's a toss up between my cell phone and my SureFire (120 lumens)...BG's hate the light, but they also hate the sound of approaching sirens.:rolleyes:

#6 ·
Probably the ASP Street Defender - it's CS spray and a kuboton. Always in my hand. I keep several knives in my vehicles, but I don't always carry them. Maybe the most important tool is my daily training in martial arts. A good strong shove, a pull-down, a throw - depending on what's in the immediate environment, those can be far more effective than a firearm.

#8 ·
Flashlight. You have to be able to see to do pretty much anything including shoot accurately.

#11 ·
I would also say my brain and SA, but for a tangible item I'd say a really bright light.

#13 ·
I livre in the rough end of town where people often let their dogs (usually Pit bulls or larger breeds)roam the streets so I carry a small high powered stun gun,even the largest dogs will usually run the other way when I pop it in the air for a few seconds.. Animal Control in noexistaent in my area and I've asked a few LEO's about it,they have told me I could shoot a threatening dog but I still like to give the benefit of the doubt,maybe his bark is worse than his bite. If the stun gun doesnt work then I'll do something else.

#15 ·
I can't carry while in the building at work, so I carry OC spray. I also carry it while not at work when I am carrying my firearm. If I can handle a situation with that and it avoids the need for a firearm coming into play, then that's pretty valuable.

#22 ·
My brain is my most formidable weapon. Fifty years of life experience plus hundreds of hours of training in various disciplines.

If you're talking about mechanical tools, I would say either my Fenix LD20 tactical flashlight which also doubles as a Kubaton, or one of my several Benchmade folders. While I don't consider myself a knife fighter, I know how to fight with a knife.

The style and method of H2H combat I most often use employs universally the exact same techniques and methods whether I'm fighting unarmed (empty handed), or whether I happen to have a knife or club in my hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.