Defensive Carry banner

Saw this on TV the other day

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Pioneer 
#1 ·
An episode of parking wars, where they follow "Meter maids" around and watch the people get upset over getting a parking ticket. (Hey, not much else good on TV.)
So this guy in Detroit has a boot put on his car. Apparently he had over $600 in parking tickets. He stops a woman that is going around writing tickets, and wants the boot removed. She calls the department that puts the boots on and he says they can't remove the boot until he pays the tickets.

The guy is mad as a hornet. When they threaten to tow the car he flashes his CPL to the officer and then proceeds to retrieve his gun from the car. He pocket holsters the gun while making a comment about "using" it.

The parking officer calls a police unit. They verify that the CPL is valid, but are REALLY upset about the threats this guy was making. The guy dosen't have nay warrents but the cop tells him "it's a concealed weapon permit, you can't display the gun. Technically this is incorrect because Michigan is an open carry state. However the y way the guy was acting he could be considered "Brandishing" but flashing it at that traffic officers.
Surprisingly the officers let him keep the gun but said they would be filing a report with the local gun board. This guy will most likley end up loosing his CPL, which he should considering the way he was acting.

If he had just wanted to retireve his "Valuebles" from the car and not made a big production of showing the gun and the CPL I would say that's fine, but threatening to use the "CPL" is the same as threatening to use the gun.

See less See more
#6 ·
I saw that last night. That guy does a disservice to every law-abiding permit holder out there. He was putting on a real show in saying, "I'll be damned of they gonna take my car" while commenting that he's a CCW holder. He, while the camera is following him, then goes into the vehicle & retrieves his obviously unsecured, but holstered weapon, & then procedes to put the IWB holster under his belt...but not in his waistband. He was puttin' on a show for the cameras & the parking enforcement officers.

One can only hope that the gun board sees this & pulls his permit, not to mention the DA seeing it & deciding to press charges.

#10 ·
Think about it:

The cameras they use for taping this show are not "little bitty things." Camera and camera people are visible, he is facing a uniform, and he has a CCP (meaning he has some knowledge of the law)

This was staged TV, and probably intended to show the "threat" to LEOs from licensed gun carriers.

If this had occurred in an isolated (CCWer and Meter maid alone) situation I might buy it. But this was strictly "Reality TV" and utter BS.

Reactions: ccwguy
#11 ·
I hadn't considered the possiblity that this was staged for the camera. I suppose it's possible, but then that raises the question, if these were real cops, then why are they "acting" for the camera, when they are on the clock? Shouldn't the tax payers be outraged that the cops are performing for the camera when they should eb dealing with real situations?
I believe someone on the show said it was Wayne County (Detroit) which from what I have heard has one of the most unfriendly gun boards in Michigan. If this guy really did act the way he was shown I hope they pull his permit, not that it will stop him from carrying anyways.

#12 ·
The fact that his face wasn't introduced to the asphalt and he didn't win a free ride in a police car wearing a nice set of chrome bracelets should be our first clue that this was staged TV crap. If that happened in my neck of the woods, and that dude would have road rash all over his head...and in the report it might even indicate that he had accidentally bumped his head on the officers flashlight. That stuff happens.

#13 ·
Reality TV; it really means 'really fake' TV

Sent from my phone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.