Defensive Carry banner

Sig 228 question

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  jwhite75 
#1 ·
One of my safe queens is an unfired Sig 228 in the older gray & white cardboard box with 3 factory hi cap mags I have heard that the 228 is very hard to find and as I am a 220 guy I am thinking about sellin the 228 any one of you Sig guys have any idea what the 228 might be worth? I gave $700 for it about a year ago.

Thanks for any help

#2 ·
Thats about the going rate for a nice one. PM Sixto He is in Ohio and an avid 228 collector he may take it off your hands

#5 ·
I dont think it was a stupid question...I think Sixto maybe suggesting you should be negotiable if you are looking to sell as the 700 price is top end.

#6 ·
It is, and its not a stupid question. But, I'll remove it if that is what you want. To answer the question, it can be anywhere from 400 to 800 dollars, retail pricing. 800 would be new, unfired condition. 400 would be rough but serviceable.

#7 ·
Yes a new unfired WEST GERMAN P228 in the box is worth $800-$850 or more to the right collector. There just arn't that many NEW West German P228's out there. I bought a new in the box W. German P228 last year for $650 and I thought I stole it at the time...

#8 ·
I paid a little under 700 new OTD with NS a few yrs back for mine it is W. German, but not as old as yours. I was ecstatic.

#9 ·
Sorry I didn't mean to sound like an A__ like I just told SIXTO I am going to leave it in the safe a while and see what happens might turn out to be worth a lot more if I leave it alone and don't shoot it ( but damn I hate to have a gun and not shoot it) LOL

#11 ·
If you are a SIG guy...shoot that gun and you will never think of getting rid of it. I wont sell mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.