Defensive Carry banner

Specific query, need suggestions!

731 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  LAglocks 
#1 ·
I just recently purchased a Streamlight Protac 2l for a pocket carry flashlight and love it. At 180 lumens it is very bright for its size. However with this purchase, came another need. I'm now in search of the absolute brightest flashlight I can find under $50. Size is no issue (still needs to be handheld, no bigger than a maglight), it doesn't necessarily have to have strobe or defense ridges, but would be a plus. This will be more of a larger, work used flashlight.

Here is one example. It sounds to good to be true, but I know someone that has purchased these and has had great success. However, with so many options I cant begin to track down all the candidates.

http://www.amazon.com/TerraLUX-TLF-...WAKQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324174352&sr=8-3

#2 ·
What are you planning to do with the flashlight? Max lumens may not be what you are looking for. Throw and beam might possibly be more important. That being said, there is a point where a light can be much too bright for your application.

#3 ·
I use Pelican flashlights for a working flashlight, waterproof, durable as hell, comes in all kind of sizes ect. the 4 AA with switch, is around 50 bucks and is awesome. It has a lifetime warranty on the back, for thel life of the light, excluding, Bear Attacks, Shark Bites and Children under 5 ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.