Defensive Carry banner

5.11 5 in 1 Jacket

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  SnareMan 
#1 ·
Recently got a 5 in 1 jacket and love it. Its great for cool weather with just the inner fleece or for super cold weather with the outer shell on top. It has a ton of pockets. I had heard people complain that it is bulky but I don't really think so at all.

#4 ·
I have a 5.11 shirt I got for $20 at a close out gunshop closing, a shell as good as the 5.11 shell bought at a GoodWill shop for $5, a fleece from 1980 when I was a ski bum. Total cost $25 bucks. Compare at $200 bucks for the integrated 5.11. If money is no object, I like it, because I try to emulate it at low cost. Those horizontal zippered shirtpockets on 5.11 shirts are da BOMB, lol.

#5 ·
I personally like my Carhartt winter coat. The road crews all over snowy America can't be wrong. Every road construction person I have ever seen in winter is wearing Carhartt.

#8 ·
I got the black 5-in-1 jacket for Christmas and love it. It's expensive, but the versatility is amazing. Given the crazy weather we get here in VA, the ability to wear a vest, a fleece, a wind shell, a vest inside a wind shell, or a fleece inside a wind shell is great.

Plus, it comes with a great high-vis safety vest that is leaps and bounds better than the one I had previously stored with my vehicular emergency kit!

#11 ·
We were issued these at work and found the shell with liner too warm for Arizona winters. I don't like how high the badge sits above the pockets, it was not meant to be worn with sewn on patches but it is a good jacket.

#13 ·
Thanks for the review of this. I saw this on the 5.11 website (or maybe a catalog?) and thought it would be a nice gift for my husband. I want to get him something practical, yet useful, while not dressing him in the rampant North Face and Columbia jackets that every other person here is wearing. I also don't want him to be categorized as a military or law enforcement "wannabe" (he's a network engineer, lol.) This looks like something casual for daily wear and rugged enough for hiking and camping.

Again, thanks for the detailed description. If you don't work for 5.11 or get a kick back from them, maybe you should! I think you sold me on this! I'm gonna go looking for the best price now.

#16 ·
I have one and use it as my everyday jacket for the winter here in WI. Doesn't look like a LE jacket. Plenty warm for these crummy winters here. I'd put it up against Carhartt any day. I've worn both and the 5.11 is just as warm and more versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.