Defensive Carry banner

Co-Ed Naked Bayonet Practice

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  rstickle 
#1 ·
On the theory that the more knowledge you have about more weapons the better, I decided to educate myself a bit about weapons that did things other than shoot BG's.

I was already pretty well-supplied for such an experiment: I have 12 Mosin-Nagant M44's, complete with significant heft for their size, attached bayonets and steel buttplates.

The next step was to search the world over for some source to tell just what to do with a rifle besides shoot it.

After some searching, I ran across a book called "Cold Steel" (NOT by Lynn Thompson), but by John Styers. Directions, instructions, etc. are simple. (I wonder about the knife-fighting section, but I think the knife skills could be converted to a short sword with great effect- maybe the subject of a later post....no comment on the knife-throwing section, though...).

After an hour or so of gyrating with one of my Mosins in front of the bedroom mirror (the moves are simple, and they came pretty fast- spring off that back leg and grip the rifle at the thinnest part of the grip), I asked my better half, who was attempting to read a trashy romance novel while I was flailing about, if she might like to try.

To my great surprise, she accepted (probably just to reduce the risk of my breaking the bedroom mirror).

We adjourned to our more spacious living room (and, remember, I have 12 M44's...I got her one), took the bolts out of the rifles and proceeded to practice the moves.

We went at it pretty good: she is not a small woman, and she is strong and physical.

I have two conclusions: (1) bayonet fighting is !@#$%#@# scary;
(2) it's better to shoot the BG than stick
him if you can.

It was just practice, but it was demanding and unsettling. That sort of proximity to an adversary, with hand-held, striking/slashing/thrusting weapons will get your attention.

Guns are better, but using a rifle as a pike, club or staff is a useful thing to learn how to do.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like you are acquiring a new skill with a rifle. I agree that it is better to just shoot the BG. It must be nice to have an alternate plan when you run the rifle dry.

#3 ·
Nothing beats that thoughtful and loving bayonet practice with the Mrs. to help while away those long evening hours. :biggrin2:

The Family That Thrusts Together Trusts Together. :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.