Defensive Carry banner

I got a LOAD in my pants

4K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  kapnketel 
#1 ·
I really think I need a pocket gun. My edc is a sr9c love it! but..work is nosy..they will notice the bulge if not the CLIPS from a IWB tuckable Old faithful holster. So thinking a pocket gun would be best as I wear slacks 4 days out of the week. But man the Ruger lcp is small...want to stay in a 9mm as for ammo and other reasons. but I'm afraid if I tried to pocket carry a kel tech pf9 Id look like and i have a load in my pants and be too big and heavy. Maybe a IWB tuckable holster that is much smaller would do it? can a normal sized person carry a 9mm in their pocket?! Like your carrying in a ROCK in your slacks. Slacks are different that jeans or even kacki's...

the lcp looks perfect for the pocket but it just seems like the lcp would have to be in a holster? im 5' 10" 195 lbs and work is NOSY......so I need to be way way discreet...im around these people alot and only have like 15 of is in the office. I can hid in my office all day like I want to... hahahha

Thanks

#2 ·
Today happens to be a rare occasion where I'm spiffed up and wearing slacks instead of jeans.

The LCP is in my right front pocket in the (attached photo) holster. When I'm standing, you can't see anything. When I sit, it looks like a wallet is in my front pocket.

I also have a PF9 and PM9 and find that with a full magazine, they tend to sag the pocket a little (you can tell something heavy is in there when I walk). The LCP on a full mag is not even noticeable.

Attachments

#3 ·
I have an lcp a with a laser but I would never carry in my front pocket for the simple reason when you sit down in a booth or other confined space it makes it very difficult to draw in a pinch from a sitting position. They are too many cheep holsters that are tuckable. All my training is done from a 3:30 position and in a pinch I don't want to guess what holster I have on today

get a belly band, great no belt clips, shirt tucks in pants and they are $20.00 plus they fits all guns and mods can be done with a neddle and threat, extra mag on other side

#4 ·
A smartcarry system works for me... And talk about nosy. I work around several big-time gun enthusiast and no one is the wiser.... IMO, it's a very viable carry option for single stack and small J frame carry guns.

Reactions: 10thmtn
#6 ·
When I pocket carry it is a S&W 642 in a pocket holster. Five rounds of .38 Special of plus P ammo. light weight and doesn't make my pant pockets sag. But then again I don';t wear tight slacks, nor big baggy one either.

#8 ·
Kel-tec pf9 - ruger lc9- taurus slim- Walther pps- kahr cmp -pm9- Beretta nano. All are pocketable 9mms that come to mind. Or you could go with there smaller siblings in 380 or even 32. As I sometimes just carry my kel-tec 32 on occasion to work . Shhhhhhh be vewy vewy quiet.

#9 ·
LCP or LC9 both are great weapons the LC9 is slim for a 9mm.
Sad but any IWB is going to show up some at one time or another.
That a look at a soft shoulder holster like this they work well NO bulk to hide. The weapon can be right up under the arm. I carry a SR9C in it and you never notice it. I am not a large person. No one way works for everyone
Kangaroo Carry

#10 ·
Most people don't look at your pockets.....and if they do, you have a different issue. :danceban:
99.9% of all the people you meet have absolutely no idea guns are made as small as a PF-9 or a Kahr CM9 and
are not checking you out to see if you are carrrying, and would only assume a bulge in your pants was either due to a wallet, cell phone or something else. Don't be so self conscious, and get a slim pocket holster that does not increase the bulge. Of the two picture, the Desantis Nemesis is the worst for "printing" as it creates added bulk. The cheap little $15
canvas and leather works like a charm and is the one I carry when wearing jeans or dress slacks.
I pocket carry the PF-9 all the time in jeans, cargo shorts and dress slacks, and no one has ever walked up to me and asked if I was carrying a gun.....but this is Florida, where EVERYONE is carrying a gun. Everyone is just too busy in their own little world to care much about what is in yours.

Keltec PF-9 in a Desantis Nemesis (left) and cheapo no name holster on the right.

#14 ·
Nothing will be as small, light, and flat as a LCP. I was in the office last few days...I carried two of them, one in each pocket. At other times I might carry my PM9, but it is notably heavier.

With a pocket holster with an anti-print panel, it looks like a wallet. I have several from www.hiddenholsters.net. I had a thumb push-off added, which makes drawing from the pocket a breeze. I actually ran my LCP with the pocket holster through a low light pistol class - the combo worked very well.

As far as the .380 vs 9mm thing - just load the .380 with FMJ and be done with it. Once you get to the .380/.38 Spl caliber or above, there isn't a whole lot of difference. To me, caliber is determined by platform - if you want a small and light pocket gun, you get a .380. If you can tolerate larger size and heavier weight, you get a 9mm (like the Kahr CM9). Prefer a revolver and can tolerate still larger size? There's your .38 Spl.

#16 ·
+1 on the Smartcarry. I carry a 4" 1911 and it is not noticeable. Your firearm should disapear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.