Defensive Carry banner

Desert Eagle XIX grips...Made in Israel

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mk3supraman 
#1 · (Edited)
Soooo....I bought another Desert Eagle XIX in .50 AE yesterday figuring hey, I had a Made In U.S.A one, let me buy this one that says Made In Israel and has the IWI logo on the grips. Well, I failed to notice that these grips have no screw to remove and replace them, which blows my plan of putting Hogue finger-groove grips on it. I don't know if they are glued on or what the deal is. My question is (thank you for being patient) does anyone know if I remove them, will there be a way to put the Hogue grips on or will I have effectively ruined the grip with no way of fixing it? :dead: The Magnum Research websight gives no insight into this question. Thanks.

P.S.
Your Desert Eagle jokes may commence..............now. :rolleyes:

#2 ·
Wow...no responses....not even the stray DE joke. A bit surprising. I emailed Magnum Research and I haven't gotten a response back from them yet either. I may have just found the holy grail of questions! That, or no one really cares....:frown: Oh well.

#3 ·
Since no one really cares, this is basically me talking to myself. So, self, I went ahead and changed out those grips. Oh yeah? How did it turn out....you? Well, self, it came out pretty good once I looked it up on the internet and saw how to do it. Guess I should have done that in the first place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.