Defensive Carry banner

Where is your gun in your bedroom

15K views 54 replies 50 participants last post by  boomer1 
#1 ·
If this has been discussed already, please point me to the correct thread. In any case, I would like to know where you keep your gun in your bedroom for quick nighttime access? Also any suggestions you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
I have a bedside table where I keep my .45 next to my alarm clock. I just have to remember which "snooze" button to press when I'm interrupted at night.

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum! I am not sure if you are simply taking a poll or looking for advise.

It's just basic common sense, that if you have children, you must secure your weapon just as you do other dangerous items such as medications and household chemicals. They make several different types of safes with rapid entry. You can secure your weapon in there but still have access to it if needed.

I don't have any children running around my house so I don't have the same safety concerns that others must have. So, I have a dresser that is the same height as the bed. At night, I put my carry gun, flash light, cell phone on the dresser top. I also keep my pants with belt, wallet, car keys laid on top of the same dresser.

#15 ·
I have kids so mine sleeps in a safe mounted in the wall nearest the bed. I have a decorative cloth hanging covering it so it's lighter/quicker to get in than a picture in a frame. Hopefully my dog will give me the lead time to get to it in the night. I'd prefer to lock it bedside but haven't figured out exactly what I would want yet.

#16 ·
I sure hope no one tries to find out.
I will say it is safe from grandchildren but easy to get to at all times and any thief would be busy a long time trying to get. If of course the dog had not eaten him already.

#22 ·
That's right: I was there. In fact, I and all my guns were in the same boating accident. I'm so glad we survived that one, though all our guns ended up at the bottom of the lake.

But wasn't that an impressive fish I caught? It was a six foot long catfish. Too bad it flipped the boat over.

#19 ·
SR9c in the nighstand.

Remington 870 Mag strapped to the bed.

No kids and no roommates so I don't have to keep them all locked up.

#21 ·
My bedtime gun likes to sleep with me or just above my head in the headboard cubby. Kids don't come to me, I always end up going to them as they don't move, just cry. It's a SA/DA, so the hammer stays down and it can't fire with just a trigger pull, gotta be cocked manually.

#28 ·
I don't move much at all in my sleep. I usually wake up in the same position I fell asleep in. When my son isn't here, Glock 32 on tbw edge of my bed, Taurus M85 right on the nightstand and my shotgun very close by.

Sent from my palm device.. so please excuse any typos.

#32 ·
No need for gun in the bedroom. Either my better half or I are on watch and carrying while the other sleeps. Someone is always awake and armed in our house, 24/7.

STAY SAFE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.