Defensive Carry banner

Glock Mag release

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  fsufanaz 
#1 ·
Can Glocks be converted to a left hand mag release?

#7 ·
That's insane...I'm only really familiar with Beretta M9s and SIGs (and the 1911 to an extent), both former/current duty handguns...but all have ambi-switchable mag releases. I figured that was standard for any auto pisto...I can't imagine that a modern arms maker like Glock didn't consider this an essential feature from the design inception.

#5 ·
Thanks guys for your replies. It is for my wife not me she wants a G 23, now she knows she will have to figure it out when she gets it.

Ed

#8 ·
Be careful when you fire the Glock w/ the left hand that you don't Whoops! pop the magazine out inadvertantly.
It has happened to me a couple of times when I was "weak hand shooting" the Glock.
Just something to watch out for and be mindful of.

#12 ·
I am still not an incredibly accomplished weak hand shooter though I can get them in the ballpark.
Possibly an explanation for me depressing the Glock mag release especially on the G36.

#13 ·
Took the Wife to the range today, she shot the G23 and had problems with it rubbing on her middle finger. She is now not inclined to a G23 and may try the G19 due to recoil. I also had her look at other guns while there. So we will keep on lookiong for a new gun for her concentrating on ones that are left friendly.

Ed

#15 ·
Initially she shot the XD and the G23 on the same day. She liked the Glock better I kinda liked the XD but didn't get much time with it. She said the Glock had less recoil but now she says the Glock irritates here middle finger. Over the next couple of months we will shoot several and narrow it down. We plan to get new guns for Xmas.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.