Defensive Carry banner

Noob from Oklahoma

916 views 28 replies 27 participants last post by  pgrass101 
#1 ·
Hey all, new guy here. I found this forum looking for options on what to carry, I got my CCW back in March and got a TCP 738 that can't seem to keep from dropping it's magazine and my PPQ is to big to conceal. Me being a total Bond sucker I was going to stick with Walther and looking for info on the reliablilty of the PPS (was originaly looking at the PPK) I came across you guy. Site seems to be a great comunity with a lot of good info so I decided to sign up, sorry for my (probably over done) intro, but I usually like to jump right in at first, so... Hey from Oklahoma.

Chris

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum from an Edmond boy currently trapped in Kentucky! You'll find lots of great info on the forum, enjoy your stay.

As far as your pistol choice, many of us conceal weapons as large, or larger than, the PPQ. It is about getting everything in place to make your system work for you. As you read the forum I'm sure you'll come across the idea that fits your needs best.

#3 ·

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcome all! Yeah my original intent was to carry the PPQ but I think I'd like something a little smaller, but something similar, hence the PPS decision. Anyway time to go read up some more & thanks again for the warm welcomes.

#10 ·
Welcome from Wisconsin!

Almost anything can be concealed with the right holster, clothing & ingenuity. Good luck in choosing a pistol. Have you checked with a gunsmith about the dropping mags from your 738? What do you think is the problem? Is it possibly the placement of the mag release or is it a mechanical problem?

#25 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.