Defensive Carry banner

New from VA

1K views 35 replies 34 participants last post by  skysoldier29 
#1 ·
My name is Karl and I am an instructor for firearms and physical skills. I am trying to learn more about what the concerned and responsible citizen is interested in when it comes to things like training. I train more LE / Military folks so the rules of engagement and some of the skills are different but in the end I want to make sure that I am helping everyone I can. Any help would be great.

#7 ·
Thanks for the welcoming! I am hoping to put YOUR tax dollars to good use since I am no longer riding with "Uncle Sam's Motorcycle Club"!

I have seen some of these different courses and it seems that there is a big push on "combat" skills and speed. But one thing that I hold near and dear to my heart is accuracy. I'm a firm believer that one or two solid / accurate hits can do more than spraying down the area like a dog marking his territory.

Don't get me wrong, there is always a need for speed. Speed from the holster to the sights, to the trigger and speed of bullets into bad guys. But like Wyatt Earp said, "Speed is fine but accuracy is final"!

How hard are you driving accuracy in relationship to speed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.