Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CCW Revoked PRIOR to conviction

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JD 
#1 ·
So I looked in my CCW law book I received at my CCW training class and it states that I would lose my CCW after a conviction for a DUI. I got pulled for a DUI .09 and have NOT been convicted as of yet (It's actually looking good that I won't be convicted.) I did however get a letter from the Sheriff to meet with him about the revocation of the CCW which I did. I want to know if this is indeed the case- do I lose my CCW even though I haven't been convicted yet? Where's the whole innocent until proven guilty thing here? I honestly don't even own a weapon yet to conceal so there was no weapon in the car when I got pulled over.

#3 ·
The NC laws are pretty clear on this.

NC Statute 14-414.18
§ 14‑415.18. Revocation or suspension of permit.

(a) The sheriff of the county where the permit was issued or the sheriff of the county where the person resides may revoke a permit subsequent to a hearing for any of the following reasons:

(1) Fraud or intentional and material misrepresentation in the obtaining of a permit.

(2) Misuse of a permit, including lending or giving a permit or a duplicate permit to another person, materially altering a permit, or using a permit with the intent to unlawfully cause harm to a person or property. It shall not be considered misuse of a permit to provide a duplicate of the permit to a vender for record‑keeping purposes.

(3) The doing of an act or existence of a condition which would have been grounds for the denial of the permit by the sheriff.

(4) The violation of any of the terms of this Article.

(5) The applicant is adjudicated guilty of or receives a prayer for judgment continued for a crime which would have disqualified the applicant from initially receiving a permit.

A permittee may appeal the revocation, or nonrenewal of a permit by petitioning a district court judge of the district in which the applicant resides. The determination by the court, on appeal, shall be upon the facts, the law, and the reasonableness of the sheriff's refusal.

(b) The court may suspend a permit as part of and for the duration of any orders permitted under Chapter 50B of the General Statutes. (1995, c. 398, s. 1; 2011‑268, s. 20.)
You will note that ( a ) says it can be revoked "subsequent to a hearing".

You need to ride this out and see what happens.

Sounds like you screwed up and now it's time to roll with the punches.

Reactions: Hopyard and JD
#4 ·
Question asked....

The NC laws are pretty clear on this.

NC Statute 14-414.18

You will note that ( a ) says it can be revoked "subsequent to a hearing".

You need to ride this out and see what happens.

Sounds like you screwed up and now it's time to roll with the punches.

And answered....

:closed:

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.