Defensive Carry banner

Plop Goes the Ammo!

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  blastissimo 
#1 ·
I'm at Taco Bell and I took off my jacket and hung it on my chair. My Sig P2022 .40 is IWB, but my extra magazine is in my inside coat pocket.

I'm ready to leave and put on my coat and PLOP (more like THUD)! I look down and there's my extra mag on the floor...

Everyone is looking my direction to see what made the noise, but thankfully the tables must of blocked their view of the mag - except for one person - a woman leaving the soda station.

I quickly pick-up the mag and say, "Oops!" while looking at her. She just smiled and proceeded on. No startled look or reaction - nothing...

Needless to say, I was embarrassed and secured that mag!

#3 ·
I was thinking about that today. I often place an extra mag in my pocket, and was wondering if I was being careful enough, with some attire, so it would just not flop out in the truck or when moving around.

One of the biggest things for me concerning Civilian CC is 'having to unlearn some bad habits', and some of the ways I just naturally carry because of bad habits learned in the Service (everyone expects you to have extra mags, and often ask to borrow them when engaged......).

Embarassing story. Thanks for sharing. Now I have one more thing to worry about today. LOL

#9 ·
Carry my spare in my front pocket. It did the same thing when jumped out of my truck the other morning. Luckily no one was around.

Tried out some options for carrying in a mag pouch on my hip but wasn't a fan at all. Just gonna have to be more careful.
BTW, it was a glock mag so it was whisper quiet, only my ninja radar noticed the sound.

#11 ·
I have a cell phone belt clip pouch that holds my mag.
Glad no one got all squirrely

#13 ·
Never dropped a mag . I did , however , walk through the metal detector in the Frederick County , MD court house 25+ years ago , before the world went crazy , and set it off . Belt buckle and pocket change ............... and a few loose rounds of .22 and .45acp that I hadn't even thought about . BOY! HOWDY! They broke me of that habit in very short order !

#17 ·
If you haven't tried a horizontal mag carrier they are the bee's knees. I carry a spare G22 mag with + 2 extension in a Dale Fricke horizontal carrier for my G23, it's very fast to get to.

#18 ·
Good thing it was just the mag. I wouldnt worry much about the woman at the soda machine, 99% of people out there dont know what theyre looking at, even when theyre looking at it. Not so sure thats true anymore with all the media coverage.

#19 ·
That's why I'm a firm believer of having a spare mag secured as well as the gun should be. Back in the day when I had a 9MM 1911 I carried the spare in my pocket until I saw how much lint it picked up.

#22 ·
Well, I had visions of a watery, porcelain fixture involved with this story when I read the title. Whew, glad it didn't go for a swim. If it had been an AR 15 mag there could have been a melee over who got it first. Good story, thanks for sharing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.